It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Acne Message Board

  • Hibiclens - it works!!!

  • Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Old 07-18-2005, 07:41 AM   #31
    Cassie4u22
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Cassie4u22's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2005
    Location: Springfield, MO
    Posts: 518
    Cassie4u22 HB User
    Re: Hibiclens - it works!!!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xismybaby
    OMG!!!! I also am breaking out bad on my forehead and around my nose!!!!!!

    I dont know what is to blame I've been using the
    Hibiclens for 2 days straight (2 times a day only on my t-zone). I haven't been eating the healthiest either. Those are the only things thats I have been doing differently.

    Ever since I started using it my skin looks worse so I didnt wash my face with it today.

    I'm so ****** and upset right now
    Hi xismybaby

    I'm pretty ****** about my face right now also! I was doing sooo well up until now...and then my face just explodes! I think I'm going to stick with it though, at least for a little while longer, since I can't tell what exactly is causing the breakout as of yet. If things get better, I will let ya know so maybe you can start using the wash again.

    I haven't actually been eating very healthy lately either...maybe that is why. I'm going to do a green tea and lemon water cleanse for the next couple days and just live off that, veggies, fruit and steamed chicken and see what happens!! I wish I could eat whatever I want and not breakout like normal people Oh well, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do right?

    Good luck!

     
    Sponsors Lightbulb
       
    Old 07-18-2005, 07:49 AM   #32
    xismybaby
    Veteran
    (female)
     
    xismybaby's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Location: connecticut
    Posts: 409
    xismybaby HB User
    Re: Hibiclens - it works!!!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cassie4u22
    Hi xismybaby

    I'm pretty ****** about my face right now also! I was doing sooo well up until now...and then my face just explodes! I think I'm going to stick with it though, at least for a little while longer, since I can't tell what exactly is causing the breakout as of yet. If things get better, I will let ya know so maybe you can start using the wash again.

    I haven't actually been eating very healthy lately either...maybe that is why. I'm going to do a green tea and lemon water cleanse for the next couple days and just live off that, veggies, fruit and steamed chicken and see what happens!! I wish I could eat whatever I want and not breakout like normal people Oh well, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do right?

    Good luck!
    Hey Cassie

    Yea please let me know how it goes for you because I just cannot use it anymore as of right now (i spent 11 dollars on this stuff )

    I was thinking about doing a cleanse as well (i just hope it doesnt get worse). When i'm upset about my skin I dont eat alot at all, so maybe me not eating as much as I was will help. I think I was just binging on everything the last couple of days (chips, ice cream yesterday, popcorn.... ).

    Yup, we gotta do what we gotta do, because I can't live like this!!!!...lol



     
    Old 07-18-2005, 02:28 PM   #33
    rumjunglegurl
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    rumjunglegurl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2001
    Location: Canton, Oh USA
    Posts: 10
    rumjunglegurl HB User
    Re: Hibiclens - it works!!!

    I've been using it for about 4 days now and I have no complaints so far. It's been taking care of what was previously on my face right now. I haven't really felt like anything more is coming under my skin, so thats a good thing. Time will tell. But so far, so good. Wouldn't it be amazing if this were exactly what my face needs?!? Oh, but that feeling is oh too familiar, and usually never lasts....lol I hope I don't jinx it by saying its been good so far.


     
    Old 07-19-2005, 08:32 AM   #34
    xismybaby
    Veteran
    (female)
     
    xismybaby's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Location: connecticut
    Posts: 409
    xismybaby HB User
    Re: Hibiclens - it works!!!

    I don't know what happened to my skin or what is to blame, but I have pimples all over my forehead. When I wash my face I can see them more, but after a while they look less (but still bad). I don't know what to do?

    But it's not a pretty sight..lol

     
    Old 07-19-2005, 11:55 AM   #35
    Cassie4u22
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Cassie4u22's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2005
    Location: Springfield, MO
    Posts: 518
    Cassie4u22 HB User
    Re: Hibiclens - it works!!!

    I am going to have to stop with the Hibiclens... I don't know if it's too harsh on my skin, or if I am allergic to something in it, or what, but ever since I started using it my skin has exploded with cysts. I am really depressed about it. It gets worse and worse everyday!! I didn't use it last night, and already this morning things seem to have died down a LITTLE. This had to have been some kind of reaction. My skin has not "exploded" like this for YEARS. Geez, I was crying for like two hours last night because my face just looked horrendous. I'm going to stop the Hibiclens cold turkey, then do a liver/colon detox for the next couple weeks to try and heal everything quicker....this sucks!!! I feel your pain xismybaby! I'd say stop the Hibiclens ASAP and go back to the hard core healthy dieting for a while and drink plenty of lemon water and green tea!!!

     
    Old 07-20-2005, 04:16 PM   #36
    xismybaby
    Veteran
    (female)
     
    xismybaby's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Location: connecticut
    Posts: 409
    xismybaby HB User
    Re: Hibiclens - it works!!!

    Hey Cassie!!

    Sorry it took me so long to reply, I was having some trouble with the boards but now I'm back


    I tell ya, that Hibiclens really screwed my skin up

    I'm still recovering from the nasty breakouts..My t-zone is a little better (i've been off the Hibiclens for 2 days) but its still all broken out in little pimples plus some larger ones. I'm pretty sure it had to be this cleanser because I havent been doing anything different and I have never broken out like this.

    It's too bad because I was really hoping this cleanser would work, because of the good reviews.

    So lately I have been drinking lemon water and today I had a liver detox tea, plus i'm eating much better and have cut out sweets again. But it seems that my skin is not getting much better I honestly dont know what to do about this, I hope it goes away but have a feeling it might take a while.

    I'm just so depressed, I definitly can feel your pain Cassie!!!!

    I hope your skin recovers, because mine is taking a while...I'm gonna stick with the healthy eating and drinking and take my vitamins...Ohh I hope we recover!!!!!

    Good Luck and please keep me posted

     
    Old 07-20-2005, 04:35 PM   #37
    realsad
    Senior Member
    (female)
     
    realsad's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Feb 2005
    Posts: 266
    realsad HB User
    Re: Hibiclens - it works!!!

    hi , i was just wondering, since when you take antibiotics internally, you get immune to them or whatever and they stop working after awhile, couldn't the same be true with a topical antibacterial? (like hibiclens) that could explain the breakouts?
    i used to use antibacterial soap in the shower, but stopped for this reason, i still use it to wash my hands. i think it lowers your bodys natural resistance to bacteria.......sorry i could be wrong but this kinda makes sense and i had alot of problems from taking antibiotics, so i guess i would say i am anti-antibiotics, LOL

     
    Old 07-20-2005, 04:42 PM   #38
    xismybaby
    Veteran
    (female)
     
    xismybaby's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Location: connecticut
    Posts: 409
    xismybaby HB User
    Re: Hibiclens - it works!!!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by realsad
    hi , i was just wondering, since when you take antibiotics internally, you get immune to them or whatever and they stop working after awhile, couldn't the same be true with a topical antibacterial? (like hibiclens) that could explain the breakouts?
    i used to use antibacterial soap in the shower, but stopped for this reason, i still use it to wash my hands. i think it lowers your bodys natural resistance to bacteria.......sorry i could be wrong but this kinda makes sense and i had alot of problems from taking antibiotics, so i guess i would say i am anti-antibiotics, LOL
    Hmm..this is interesting. I honestly have no clue though. I took Tetracycline and never had any breakouts and it never lost its effect. But externally I have no idea. Right when I started using it, I broke out (i was only using it for 2 days and it wrecked havoc on my skin).

     
    Old 07-20-2005, 05:36 PM   #39
    Cassie4u22
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Cassie4u22's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2005
    Location: Springfield, MO
    Posts: 518
    Cassie4u22 HB User
    Re: Hibiclens - it works!!!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xismybaby
    Hey Cassie!!

    Sorry it took me so long to reply, I was having some trouble with the boards but now I'm back


    I tell ya, that Hibiclens really screwed my skin up

    I'm still recovering from the nasty breakouts..My t-zone is a little better (i've been off the Hibiclens for 2 days) but its still all broken out in little pimples plus some larger ones. I'm pretty sure it had to be this cleanser because I havent been doing anything different and I have never broken out like this.

    It's too bad because I was really hoping this cleanser would work, because of the good reviews.

    So lately I have been drinking lemon water and today I had a liver detox tea, plus i'm eating much better and have cut out sweets again. But it seems that my skin is not getting much better I honestly dont know what to do about this, I hope it goes away but have a feeling it might take a while.

    I'm just so depressed, I definitly can feel your pain Cassie!!!!

    I hope your skin recovers, because mine is taking a while...I'm gonna stick with the healthy eating and drinking and take my vitamins...Ohh I hope we recover!!!!!

    Good Luck and please keep me posted
    Hey there

    Well after all my new eruptions came to the surface (ew! ) now all I am left with is dark red marks, but geez that is bad enough, especially on my ghastly white face! Everything has died down considerably since I stopped the Hibiclens, so I can only imagine that since you have stopped, yours should be clearing up soon also! It's so odd that something that is supposed to be antibacterial/antimicrobial could cause such a breakout?! Urgh! I too was so excited about this wash. I am always so optimistic about new face products, then I usually get let down. Live and learn I guess!

    I've been trying my best to stick with just fruits/veggies and chicken/fish. It's so hard! I've increased my green tea intake (three cups a day) and have added POM wonderful Pomegranate juice into my regimen again, hopefully things will get back to normal soon for both of us!

    I just bought some Silkia Camellia Oil over the internet, once my breakout completely diminishes I am thinking about buying that epidermx cream to complement the oil. Have you tried either of these?

    Well hang in there girl, this breakout sucks hardcore but at least we are going through it together, lol! Misery loves company as they say, haha! Well I best be going, I spend WAAAAAAY too much time on this board!

    Good luck to you also and keep me posted as well!

     
    Old 07-20-2005, 07:24 PM   #40
    xismybaby
    Veteran
    (female)
     
    xismybaby's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Location: connecticut
    Posts: 409
    xismybaby HB User
    Re: Hibiclens - it works!!!

    hey!

    I'm glad to hear that your skin is clearing up

    Do you think the Green Tea really effect your skin, in a good way? I used to drink it everyday and although it was and is great for you internally, I didnt see a vast improvement in my skin.

    I have never tried the things you mentioned. But the Pomegranate juice sounds extremely healthy! (i love anything that is good for you..lol..I drink Flaxseed oil straight and its the most disgusting thing ever, just thinking about it makes me cringe, but I still force myself to drink it..ahaha..I'm a crazy health freak )

    As for the Camellia oil, does this smooth out scars and help heal them?

    I know i'm hanging in there and it is easier when you have someone with ya that feels your pain (even though I wouldnt wish this on you, by any means )

    I know I spend alot of time on here too...when I was unable to post I was dieing..lol

    ttyl

     
    Old 07-20-2005, 08:28 PM   #41
    Cassie4u22
    Senior Veteran
    (female)
     
    Cassie4u22's Avatar
     
    Join Date: May 2005
    Location: Springfield, MO
    Posts: 518
    Cassie4u22 HB User
    Re: Hibiclens - it works!!!

    [QUOTE=LittleArtist17
    I am using the Epidermx right now, and I must tell you my skin look sooo much healthier!! I feel a lot better too because my pores/blackheads are slowly-but-surely diminishing, my face is smooth and soft, brighter, even toned, and I havent had ANY break-outs as far as a very tiny pimple here and there while using it (I've been using the Epidermx for a week and 2 days.)

    I am using the Tea tree bar before using the Epidermx which supposedly helps with the breakouts (must be true because my skin looks amazing ever since)...and I am soon going to by the Silk Camellia Oil to try and see how that goes!

    I must say though that so far, this has been the only thing that has worked on my pores, and quickly too Cassie.

    Good luck! And I'm glad I didnt buy that Hibiclens LOL sounds like you guys are in some bad spots now, soo sorry! Hope things heal up well.

    Also how does Lemon Water etc. help your skin??? I've been drinking bottled water, about 5 20 ounces a day for a while to help lose weight.[/QUOTE]

    Ohhh I am excited to hear that the Epidermx is working so well for you LittleArtist! May I ask how bad was your skin before you started using it? I want to buy it and start using it, but I am just afraid about using it on my active acne (I have about one cyst that is healing now, and some little tiny random pimples scattered all around).

    Where did you get your tea tree bar soap? I have been looking for a new cleanser now, for obvious reasons (cough, HIBICLENS, cough, cough). I was thinking about some tea tree cleanser from the Body Shop.

    There is a huuuuge post about the lemon water on this board...you can do a search for it and find tons of info and testimonials. Lemon is just supposed to be really great for the skin, and it cleanses your liver also.

    If you are looking to lose some weight, I would recommend drinking a couple cups of green tea per day. It has been proven to speed up metabolism. (That is why so many diet pills have green tea extract in them now). I drank it like craaaazy my freshman year of college, and I am almost positive that is how I avoided the freshman 15! lol. Not only is it great for speeding up your metabolism, but it also balances your hormones, cleanses your liver, protects against all kinds of cancers...the list goes on and on! It's just all around really healthy to drink.

    I hope the Epidermx keeps working so well for you!

     
    Old 07-21-2005, 02:59 PM   #42
    soupyhead
    Senior Member
    (male)
     
    soupyhead's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2005
    Posts: 141
    soupyhead HB User
    Re: Hibiclens - it works!!!

    i got some of this stuff... but i dunno if i should start using it or not?? whats up with it

     
    Old 07-22-2005, 12:29 PM   #43
    rumjunglegurl
    Junior Member
    (female)
     
    rumjunglegurl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2001
    Location: Canton, Oh USA
    Posts: 10
    rumjunglegurl HB User
    Re: Hibiclens - it works!!!

    Well guys, I too have stopped using Hibiclens....it seemed to be okay for the first couple days , and i figured because it was my time of the month my face was going to be bad...But I think its getting worse than its been in the past two years or so, so I stopped last night and resumed my proactiv. I can already tell my face is calming down. Man, I was so excited because it seemed reasonable something like this would kill bacteria on the face, hence no more breakouts. Oh well, it's not like I expect anything to help my skin for the rest of my life. I'm just set on keeping the status quo for now.

     
    Old 07-22-2005, 12:33 PM   #44
    xismybaby
    Veteran
    (female)
     
    xismybaby's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Apr 2003
    Location: connecticut
    Posts: 409
    xismybaby HB User
    Re: Hibiclens - it works!!!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by rumjunglegurl
    Well guys, I too have stopped using Hibiclens....it seemed to be okay for the first couple days , and i figured because it was my time of the month my face was going to be bad...But I think its getting worse than its been in the past two years or so, so I stopped last night and resumed my proactiv. I can already tell my face is calming down. Man, I was so excited because it seemed reasonable something like this would kill bacteria on the face, hence no more breakouts. Oh well, it's not like I expect anything to help my skin for the rest of my life. I'm just set on keeping the status quo for now.

    I'm sorry to hear that rumjunglegurl. I know how you feel because I too had to stop using it. I also was very excited to use it because it did make sense (to help acne).

    Oh well, i'm back on the search..lol

    Good Luck

     
    Old 07-22-2005, 09:41 PM   #45
    Takara
    Inactive
     
    Join Date: Nov 2004
    Posts: 244
    Takara HB User
    Re: Hibiclens - it works!!!

    Well, about 5 days ago I bought some hibiclens and I have been using it twice a day since. I have to say that my face has not had any problems with it, and if anything is clearing up. I will keep using it and keep you updated.

     
    Closed Thread




    Thread Tools Search this Thread
    Search this Thread:

    Advanced Search

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is Off
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off




    Sign Up Today!

    Ask our community of thousands of members your health questions, and learn from others experiences. Join the conversation!

    I want my free account

    All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:26 AM.





    © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved.
    Do not copy or redistribute in any form!