It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Hibiclens - it works!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-22-2005, 09:54 PM   #46
    Takara
    Inactive

Takara HB User
    Re: Hibiclens - it works!!!

I did a little research on this cleanser and found some interesting info. Since it is a ".gov" website I will post it for you.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=A bstract&list_uids=2956067&query_hl=5

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2005, 06:36 AM   #47
    xismybaby
    Veteran
    (female)

xismybaby HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Takara
    I did a little research on this cleanser and found some interesting info. Since it is a ".gov" website I will post it for you.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=A bstract&list_uids=2956067&query_hl=5
    That is interesting..its too bad that I didnt have an success with it. Maybe I could have if I kept using it, but I couldnt handle the initial breakout

Good luck with it

Old 07-23-2005, 08:31 AM   #48
    seamus o
    (male)

seamus o HB User

I'm sorry but i have never understood you people who talk about an initial breakout. I'm 27 and have had acne for 13 years. I have tried every product under the sun. If something is bad for me to use on my face, it won't give me an INITIAL breakout, it will make me continuously breakout. My point is that hibiclens probably didn't give you an "initial" breakout, it just didn't stop the breakout that was going to occur anyway from your already-forming pimples. So don't quit using hibiclens until you're past the period where your already-forming pimples that were there before you started using hibiclens have finished breaking out.

Just my $.02

Old 07-23-2005, 08:45 AM   #49
    Cassie4u22
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

If you are allergic to a food or topical, it WILL make you quickly have a reaction on the skin, many times in the form of what appears to be acne-like pustules but are in fact not acne, but inflammation. It is very possible that some people do not tolerate an ingredient in Hibiclens on their skin, for whatever reason. It may very well be what we were all experiencing was a "reaction" rather than a breakout.

On another note, initial breakouts are a very real thing!! Whether it is with antibiotics, topicals, medication, etc. Some people don't get them, others get them everytime. I was recently put on Ampicillin for my very mild acne...within a week, my face was purging all kinds of pustules. I called the dermatologist who informed me that it is very normal to have (his words) "an initial breakout" on antibiotics, as it begins to work with your chemistry inside your body.

Personally, I don't want to go back on the Hibiclens because I know that I had a reaction to it. I was nearly 90% clear... I used it, and I had a terrible reaction. I stopped using it, and within a day my reaction cleared. It also made my face look red and irritated, which is another warning flag that a product is just not reacting smoothly with your skin.

Old 07-23-2005, 09:38 AM   #50
    Takara
    Inactive

Takara HB User

Yes, it sounds very likely that you had an allergic reaction. That's too bad. I'm surprised that I am responding so well to it because I am usually allergic to a lot of things.

Update: Today I woke up with no new pimples! Keep your fingers crossed for me...

Old 07-23-2005, 11:17 PM   #51
    domitilla_bella
    (female)

domitilla_bella HB User

I will try it on right away! if it works I will be the happiest person on the face of the earth.thanx

Old 07-24-2005, 03:01 AM   #52
    Takara
    Inactive

Takara HB User

Well, I went the whole day without a new pimple! YAY! This is the first time in probably 10 years... I can't beleive I didn't learn about this stuff earlier. BTW Liz, on a couple other boards I frequent there are a lot more people are having success with it.

Old 07-24-2005, 02:23 PM   #53
    Takara
    Inactive

Takara HB User

Since blackheads are a form of acne, I do think it would help get rid of those.

Old 07-24-2005, 05:14 PM   #54
    amo
    (female)

amo HB User

I've been looking for Hibiclens in my local drug stores and have not seen it. What section would it be in, skin care or first aid?
    Also, I need a new exfoliator to get rid of the little bumps on my forehead. I have very sensitive, oily, acne prone skin.
    Any recommendations would be helpful.
    Thx

Old 07-27-2005, 12:32 PM   #55
    ecartman
    (male)

ecartman HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by amo
    I've been looking for Hibiclens in my local drug stores and have not seen it. What section would it be in, skin care or first aid?
    Also, I need a new exfoliator to get rid of the little bumps on my forehead. I have very sensitive, oily, acne prone skin.
    Any recommendations would be helpful.
    Thx
    First aid aisle by the rubbing alcohol. If it's not there, ask the pharmacist...sometimes they keep it back there.

Closed Thread