It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-18-2005, 12:18 AM   #136
    tata77
    (male)

tata77 HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

I'm from California in the US and i amazingly stumbled upon some yakult!..haha i was just reading these forums a few days ago and when I came into this asian store the other day with my friends..There it was..Yakult cases for sale. It was the one with the L caseis ( or however you spell it) ingredient inside. I was quite happy! I didn't have any money on me at the time but i plan on returning to buy some. It was at this small asian store.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2005, 09:09 AM   #137
    lady346
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lady346 HB User

Hi everybody. I came across this thread the other day and began this regimen on Monday. I take the psyillium husks, activated charcoal, and I drink the Dannon Active priobiotic yogurt drink with L. Casei for now (since there is a lack of l-casei products in the U.S., and I also have a lack of $$ right now!) I bought Bio-K+ but they were rancid (YUCKKK) so I returned them, very angrily. I fasted for about 24 hours, and I definitely felt much thinner and healthier and so forth the first 2 days. I also take garlic, zinc, a multivitamin, and calcium.
    But I have started to feel sick lately- it may be from the weather change, but I'm wondering if it could be the supplements? I feel sort of lightheaded and have a sore throat and headache.
    Now I have a few more questions. I am on birth control (Nuva ring), and have been for a month now. My skin has broken out much more than usual on this. I have never had flawless skin, but I wouldn't say I have acne necessarily. Now, however, when it breaks out, it BREAKS OUT. On the birth control, it breaks out and then never really heals. (I have "under the skin" whiteheads, too, E.V.)
    So I have red spots everywhere because they don't really heal up. I started this method because I feel it is good to do anyway, and plan to do a liver cleanse with epsom salts, olive oil, apple juice and lemon juice that I read about on another thread. Then i will probably start taking milk thistle for my liver maintenance as well.
    But I'm wondering if any of this is going to help if I am on birth control. Ive read lately a lot about different supplements you can take (evening primrose oil) that is claimed to straighten out hormonal problems. I would like to take a natural route to fix my skin, since, basically, I think products are crap. Anyway, I know it isnt supposed to show results until after a few months, but I'm just wondering if I may be wasting my time...? Sorry for the long post, but any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 08-19-2005, 12:16 AM   #138
    eat_to_live
    (male)

eat_to_live HB User

Hmm, did someone say it was possible for the body to become dependent on psyllium?

Old 08-19-2005, 08:04 AM   #139
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eat_to_live
    Hmm, did someone say it was possible for the body to become dependent on psyllium?
    probably not psyllium (if less is used), but strong laxatives and perhaps if you do this type of cleanse every single day your body may no longer cleanse itself or eliminate properly. I've read that you should cycle things 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. By doing so, you force your body to continue it's own natural cleansing and elimination processes. Is this regimen for every single day?

Old 08-19-2005, 10:21 AM   #140
    Miranda005
    (female)

Miranda005 HB User

To:
    ErimusValidus or Sweetjade1, pls respond

Hello
    My name is Miranda, i'm 25 and have had acne for 6 years with oily skin. I've always been really thin but i eat constantly (every hour when i can) and i don't eat junk food just simple foods like lots of fruits, veggies, some meat and i do enjoy my morning coffee (only one cup per day, water for the rest). I've always avoided certain foods that may aggrivate my acne like chocolate, ice cream, etc. but i do give in sometimes.
    My question is because i eat all the time does that mean that my acne is caused by my body not absorbing enough nutrients from the food i eat? and leaving toxins behind
    I think there might be something wrong with my digestive system. My metabolism is so fast and i always thought that was a good thing, but as i research more in depth about acne "its an internal problem".
    I have regular bowel movements(1 a day has always been normal for me , usually in the morning when i get up)
    Would a person in my situation benifit from this cleanse?
    I tried going to a nutritionist but money is a problem for me and they are very expensive.
    I read alot of ErimusValidus and sweetjade1 threads and it seems that you both are very knowlegable and maybe could give me some advice on my situation.
    Oh and i also take these supplements daily:

morning:
    1xlipodec (bought it off the internet)

dinner:
    50mg zinc(chelate)
    b-complex 50 x 1
    1 x acuzine(not doing anything for my acne)

Thank you so much for listening
    Miranda

Old 08-20-2005, 02:47 AM   #141
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User

@ErimusValidus
    I have come to the end of my first week on this regime and I have come to the conclusion that Activated Charcoal works much better than bentonite clay in my honest opinion. My skin has cleared up 90%, I have kept my intake of carbs down to a minimum for the first couple of days, now I eat one carb per day (i.e potatoes, bread). In the beginning I has a small breakout on my chest which I thought could of been the Yakult, as I have allways had a bad reaction to anything dairy, but that went away in 2 days. I have also been cycling to work, well 3 out of 5 days, can't give up my scooter yet. Is it true that if I take these supplements to long my body will come dependant on them and not function normally??
    Also about my bowel movements, I am regular, but the stuff thats coming out of me is quite gross, doesn't look normal at all, and over the last 3 days my skin just looks better everyday, my energy levels have picked up also. So glad I read this thread.
    Thanks To everyone who's posted here.

Old 08-20-2005, 03:08 AM   #142
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

agreed! im doing great also!

Old 08-20-2005, 06:37 AM   #143
    xismybaby
    Veteran
    (female)

xismybaby HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by littledaga
    @ErimusValidus
    I have come to the end of my first week on this regime and I have come to the conclusion that Activated Charcoal works much better than bentonite clay in my honest opinion. My skin has cleared up 90%, I have kept my intake of carbs down to a minimum for the first couple of days, now I eat one carb per day (i.e potatoes, bread). In the beginning I has a small breakout on my chest which I thought could of been the Yakult, as I have allways had a bad reaction to anything dairy, but that went away in 2 days. I have also been cycling to work, well 3 out of 5 days, can't give up my scooter yet. Is it true that if I take these supplements to long my body will come dependant on them and not function normally??
    Also about my bowel movements, I am regular, but the stuff thats coming out of me is quite gross, doesn't look normal at all, and over the last 3 days my skin just looks better everyday, my energy levels have picked up also. So glad I read this thread.
    Thanks To everyone who's posted here.
    Thats great news

Can you describe to me your EXACT regimen?

Did you do a fast first (if so did you take the supplements)?

Did you have an initial breakout on your face?

Thanks

Old 08-21-2005, 04:42 AM   #144
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User

xismybaby I follow the regimen described in this thread, also I didn't have any initial breakout when I started this and my face is 99% clear, just the rest of my body is still marked and scarred. I did the fast for 24 hours only and I did take the supplements, but I didn't start the probiotic till after the fast. Hope That Helps.

Old 08-21-2005, 04:22 PM   #145
    Trinity45
    (male)

Trinity45 HB User

If I'm already getting 1-2 bowel movements a day, will taking psyllium and other cleanses really help much? I remember taking colonix which is a psyllum based intestinal cleanser and that broke me out horriby so I stopped. Right now I do the occasional colon cleanse with oxy-powder which definitely helps.

My condition:I have cystic acne/oily skin but it's being under controlled now for the most party by taking saw palmetto, zinc+b6, fish oil, antioxidants, and the occasional colon cleanse with oxy-powder.

Last edited by Trinity45; 08-21-2005 at 04:23 PM.

Old 08-22-2005, 03:18 AM   #146
    Diggler
    (male)

Diggler HB User

Hi guys,

littledaga and anonymous, its great news you are having success.

Is there anybody out there who is having good results using Activated Charcoal and Psyllium?

I love hearing success stories so please post if you're doing well on it?

There must be more than 2 people who have started this program from EV.

Thanks.

Last edited by Diggler; 08-22-2005 at 03:19 AM.

Old 08-22-2005, 03:58 AM   #147
    serafine
    (female)

serafine HB User

Okay I'm not a happy camper. All that stuff I've been taking caused some sort of allergic reaction. My arms match my face. Since I don't know what caused the reaction, I'll have to stop using everything and return it all. Thank God they said if I wasn't happy with anything, I can return it! $80 worth of something from a HEALTH store and I look WORSE. And no it's not from a new fragrance, soap or food. Has anyone else had adverse side effects from this plan??? I'll just stay regular the old -fashioned way: eating salads. And I'll have to do something different for my face. If it's going to be a life long battle with Avon ********* (which works), then that's what it'll have to be.

And I never had a gross bowel movement after my fast. It was quite normal actually.

Last edited by serafine; 08-22-2005 at 04:06 AM.

Old 08-22-2005, 04:07 AM   #148
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User

@serafine, I can't see how Psyllium Husk or Activated Charcoal would cause a allergic reaction, what probiotic have you been taking, Yakult has been fine with me and I used to have the worst allergy's with everything, dairy and sugar mostly, but not anymore, still get the odd spot, but thats down to not washing my face before bed. If anything would cause a bad reaction it would be the probiotic In my opinion.
    I'm no expert though, this regimen works well with me, And I will live by this for a few months and see how I go.

Old 08-22-2005, 04:27 AM   #149
    serafine
    (female)

serafine HB User

Well I bought one of those system cleansing kits and the psyllium husk... plus some other stuff. I don't recall the probiotic name... I left it all out in the car. I started taking it all at the same time? Maybe that was mistake #1. Mistake #2 is continuing my Western diet after the fast. (I LIKE my toast w/ my coffee *lol*) But that shouldn't be the problem!! So I'm allergic to SOMETHING. I also bought a bunch of herbal supplements like dandelion root, valerian root, St. John's wort, etc.I know it's not from the St. John's Wort because I've taken it before. So it must be one of other ones. It's a shame, though. Because I have no idea what caused it... and now I have to stop taking everything.

And I'm going to change my diet drastically. Maybe that'll help also. If I have to give up my buttered toast, so be it. Clear skin is more important to me at my age.

Old 08-22-2005, 06:05 AM   #150
    serafine
    (female)

serafine HB User

Okay, I did a google image search... I have eczema. I've NEVER had it before! Why now??? Hmmm, I read an earlier post of mine and the eczema started BEFORE I began the cleansing regimen! So maybe I'll continue taking the supplements. I was at a friend's house the weekend of August 5th. I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary... steak and baked potato Friday night. Goulash Saturday night. I know I'm not allergic to these foods (unless I suddenly became allergic over night!) The ONLY thing that could be the cause is this Equate Body Wash he had. I used it and the next morning the little bumps started. So it's either that body wash or maybe the goulash. He didn't have regular spaghetti sauce - instead he uses tomato juice??? So SOMETHING that I either consumed or applied to my body that weekend caused the eczema. Actually now that I think about it... I have no known food allergies. it just might be that body wash. I'll have to find out what's in it. Sorry everyone for immediately assuming it was the regimen! Okay, now what should I use on the eczema?? I'll go find some threads.

Closed Thread