It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-28-2005, 05:55 PM   #181
    omega47
    (male)

omega47 HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

well, it has been my 5th day and i had no cyst in the past week which is usually strange. i always get a cyst on my chin or cheek. My skin feels better and no sign of cysts which is a big improvements for me. I have NO side effects using psyllium husks, charcoal and lactobacillus casei. NO stomach pain ..nothing. I also have a bowel movement almost everyday now im not as constipated as i used to be. Hopefully, in few weeks my acne will completely disappear, i would cry of joy. lol I still have some pimples on my cheek and chin but nothing serious. Many of them disappeared. So far so good. Can't wait to see what the future brings. WOOT WOOT

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2005, 11:33 PM   #182
    tata77
    (male)

tata77 HB User

hi again everyone..so yea I'm still on this system and i've been at it for about a week so far..mm..i havn't gotten any major changes to my current acne right now..my stool seems the same as it was before the program..however it does feel somewhat different when i have a bowel movement..iono after i take the supplements i can feel sumthing happening inside me..hopefully its doing its thing..so Erimus..i have these white dots right under my two eyes where i have light bags..ive had them for quite awhile..they're like unpoppable whiteheads that never ever dissappear..i'm wondering if the thing you got rid of were the same thing Erimus.

Old 08-29-2005, 01:58 AM   #183
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Thanks for the update omega47 I'm so glad things are going well for you!

I did some research, tata77, and found that Pysllium has been found to lower cholesterol in some cases. The stubborn whiteheads that some people get under their eyes aren't really whiteheads at all - they are deposits of cholesterol Hopefully, given time, yours will be expelled like mine have been

Last edited by ErimusValidus; 08-29-2005 at 02:00 AM.

Old 08-29-2005, 03:03 PM   #184
    goldenseal
    (female)

goldenseal HB User

I think I have the answer to all your problems!

Haha.. well... not quite... but I may have the answer to those who are experiencing fatigue from this regimen. I recently started taking a psyllium husk (powder) by Sonne (it also has 1 or 2 other ingredients, which aren't very significant), mixed w/ aloe vera gel or juice and water. I take it first thing in the morning, and right before I go to bed. My mother, who is a health expert and has done this same regimen as I (for 2 weeks)... warned me to only use a teaspoon of the Sonne Psyllium husks in the very beginning. She said psyllium husks can really bloat your stomach up, and .. depending on the person... if you are not careful [w/ amounts], the pysllium husks can cause gas, stomach aches and fatigue, and sometimes even nausea.

So, based on that information, I suggest starting off w/ really small amounts. EV may have been able to tolerate a larger amount, but all our bodies are different.

BTW>... with that regimen, w/o even using the activated charcoal and yakult, my mom said one of the side effects was clear skin Aloe Vera is also somewhat of a laxative/ soother and cleanser which you could add to the program

HOPE THIS HELPS! Good luck

Old 08-29-2005, 08:52 PM   #185
    tata77
    (male)

tata77 HB User

Hi Erimus..so yeah I kinda new that these dots under my eyes werent the normal white heads..I do remember eating a lot of junk food before I entered highschool..so maybe that is the explanation to my current condition as of today..so far the digestive cleanse SEEMS to be having an effect..its still too early to see a major difference..i am almost completely sure that I have no had any major new pimples appear since i started the program..so thats a really cool sign..hopefully its due to all the cleaning of my bowels..ive gotten a lil spots here and there but nothing serious..i will keep everyone updated.

Old 08-29-2005, 10:05 PM   #186
    LynX21
    Inactive
    (male)

LynX21 HB User

Hey Erimus, I was wondering what you thought and you will probably agree with me. Right now I am on accutane 60 mgs a day once a day. I have been wanting to do a cleanse since before Accutane and never got around to doing it and I am definitely going to do that along with Green Tea after I finish accutane and continue to drink tea after wards. On accutane I basically have not really been using any supplements and don't plan to because out of fear that it will " mess " with the treatment or the drug in general. I saw a product when I used to work at a vitamin store called daily cleanse with psyllium husk and other digestive things that looked very good and I will definitely get it after a couple weeks of finishing the accutane however I would like to know if you think it is detirimental to do it now seeing as how it would probably clean out the accutane from my system also thereby making the drug pointless. That is what I think tell me what you think. Accutane will probably work for me but more than likely my digestive system is messed up due to junk food and G-d knows what else has gone into my system. I am thinking about eating more Fiber. Recomend something for me in the natural fiber area to move my bowel movements more often and NO i am not constipated. Thanks!!!

Old 08-30-2005, 09:35 AM   #187
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

goldenseal, I'm sure you have a point about the fatigue. Psyllium definitely expands in water and if someone is prone to tiredness after eating a lot (as I am nowadays) then they may well suffer fatigue because of the increased sensation of fullness. However, I don't know why it would cause nausea. And, as you say, it's up to each individual to gauge the correct amount for their body.

Hi LynX21 I have taken accutane myself. I don't want to dishearten you, but for me it was only a partial success. Whilst, it did clear my backne once and for all (which was a godsend because it literally used to prevent me from getting a comfortable night's sleep), the effects on my facial acne were short-lived, recurring as it did after a few months.

Anyway, I don't know exactly how my regimen would affect the efficacy of the accutane. Accutane is fat soluble i.e. it is absorbed into the bloodstream in the presence of fatty foods (which is why sometimes dermatologists advise that it be taken with a glass of milk). So perhaps it wouldn't be affected by the regimen which consists of water soluble ingredients. But I'm no expert! And I personally think it is always best to isolate possible solutions for acne in order to be sure whether one thing works or not.

So you're probably wise to wait 'til you've finished your course of accutane. Although, at 60mgs a day, I believe the side effects will be quite harsh. If they are then consider cutting down because (in my personal experience) 40mg is just as effective as 60mg and the side-effects (mainly the dryness) are nowhere near as bad.

With regards to fibre, I'd always advocate the daily consumption of at least five portions each of fruit and vegetables. I have to rush now but I will come up with some more concrete suggestions for you later on

Old 08-30-2005, 02:46 PM   #188
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Okay, LynX21, I won't prattle on about cereals like All Bran and Weetabix, which are the best source of dietry fibre, because (unless you're like me and prefer them natural) you probably can't stomach such things without added sugar, which is terrible for you. Again, wholemeal bread is a decent source of fibre and much better for you than white, refined bread (not to mention tastier ). The same applies to rice and pasta - the brown versions have a far higher fibre content than the white versions.

Regarding fruit, avocado is a very rich source, followed by citrus fruits and then by such things as apples and peaches. But the likes of bananas, strawberries and grapes don't have as much fibre and have a higher fructose content as well. When it comes to vegetables, beans are very high in fibre. Jacket potato is good source; although, in general, green vegetables (such as broccoli, green beans and cabbage) are better than most root vegetables. If you like to snack then peanuts are a good source of fibre but, of course, avoid salted ones.

There should be enough foods in there for you to build high-fibre meal plans around

Old 08-30-2005, 02:57 PM   #189
    Kelly03
    Inactive
    (female)

Kelly03 HB User

Oh my goodness, that was a long long (but interesting read)....can't believe I read the whole thing. I am gonna try this also, I will not do the fasting, cuz I may die - actually I am suseptable (sorry spelling) to stomache ulcers and if my stomach is empty too long....well it hurts bad and for a long time before it heals again. So, I actually had this stuff from a couple years ago (hope it's still good), it's called: Dr. Richard Schulze's Intestinal Formula. It has: the psyllium seed, parmaceutical grade bentonite clay, along with flax see, apple pectin, slippery elm bark, marshmallow root peppermint leaf and activated willow charcoal.

So that is the best I can do for now. I will take it and see if it does anything for me. As for the probiotics, I will have to try and find some. I remember years ago, this formula did produce a cleansing and the bowel results you have talked about.

I will let you know how it goes. I actually have a derm appt in late Oct, so I will try these other things (more natural remedies) before I see the derm. I made an appt because my cysts seem to be more and more and several at a time, not to mention extremely oily skin. And lately acne on my back, upper arms, neck and sometimes chest. I was going to ask for Accutane at my appt. I will try some natural remedies before my appt - as I know this is a pretty potent treatment - the accutane.

I will keep you updated.

Old 08-30-2005, 04:07 PM   #190
    Kelly03
    Inactive
    (female)

Kelly03 HB User

This isn't related to acne, but it is related to detoxification and what can come out (in your bowels, during detoxification)..........

I was hesitant and still am to post this (have edited 2 times now) but here's my post.............

OH MY GOSH _ MUST READ!!!!! I think whether people like it or not, we should do this in some way or form........the detoxing thing..........I'm almost afraid to p**p now.....sorry dumb humor.

Read what a scientist who examined his bowels just 2 days after starting a detoxificatin treatment - like the one we are discussing on this thread:

They were definitely parasites. Some of the material appeared to be undigested food as well. I don't want to gross you out but let me tell you what I observed. And these things came from me (the scientist) after only 2 days. I measured this one red object. It was 1 cm long and bright red. When I looked at it under the microscope it had scales on it like a fish. It was only about 2 mm wide. It definitely had a head on it.

Another object had a head and a long body that went into a large mass. On top of this head was an antenna like protrusion that had a hook on the end. Not sure what it was but you could see the opening on this thing. I can't believe this stuff was living inside me. Also, one cream colored mass was filled with something that I feel were eggs. There were hundreds of these in that mass.

I had no idea we had parasites living inside of us. It is amazing and even more amazing to see these things eliminated from my body. Oh, I did see something that resembled a squid. It had a large body and a bunch of tentacles coming off it. It was associated with one of those large masses that I recovered. Certainly is scary.

Remember this was viewed from a scientist under a microscope.......but very gross!!! I mean even if they are just parasites - hey one was 1 cm long - wow and ick.

Mods: you can delete this if you feel necessary.

Last edited by Kelly03; 08-30-2005 at 05:07 PM. Reason: to explain why I posted - not related to acne

Old 08-30-2005, 05:07 PM   #191
    omega47
    (male)

omega47 HB User

lmao ^^ that sounds scary that's why i didn't look at my p**p lol.

Old 08-30-2005, 10:04 PM   #192
    soupyhead
    (male)

soupyhead HB User

i've been doing this for about 3 weeks.. at first it made my really constipated but it got better after about a week.. however i've had constant fairly bad breakouts on my forehead which keep coming.. but the rest of my face is nice.. i cant like it to anything other than this but i dont know why it would make just my forehead/temples breakout.. i might have to stop it to see if its the culprit

Old 08-31-2005, 06:32 AM   #193
    tweety987
    (female)

tweety987 HB User

I use a product by Roex called "WOW". Its a formula of fiber and other stuff to gently cleanse the intestines - I use a probiotic forumula for acidopholous as well - and the 2 products combined have helped me lots - may be worth trying

Old 08-31-2005, 07:24 AM   #194
    successfirst
    (male)

successfirst HB User
    Question Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

Hi everyone,

ErimusValidus, SweetJade1, and anyone else, what do you think about the following products that I recently ordered:

1. GNC Natural Brand Psyllium Seed Husk 500 mg, Capsules

2. GNC Natural Brand Activated Charcoal 260 mg, Capsules

3. Biogenica Biotica Probiotic Formula, Capsules

Here are the supplement facts of my probiotic:

Lactobacillus Acidophilus 750 Million CFU*
    Bifidobactarium Longum 750 Million CFU*
    Lactobacillus Casei 372 Million CFU*
    Lactobacillus Salivarius 360 Million CFU*
    Dahulin PB Dahlia inulin juice complex 450 mg*
    BioMOS Mannan oligosaccharide complex 150 mg*

Also, has anyone else had success with this regimen? Some people have not posted their results yet.

Thanks

Old 08-31-2005, 08:04 AM   #195
    Diggler
    (male)

Diggler HB User

successfirst,

that combo seems perfect.

The probiotic sounds good - 4 strains of required bacteria (including casei), and the remaining 2 ingredients are prebiotics - they feed the good bacteria.

Closed Thread