It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-08-2005, 11:59 AM   #226
    Kelly03
    Inactive
    (female)

Kelly03 HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

EV, just a heads up. You will want to really research the liver cleanse thing. There are mixed feelings about a liver cleanse. Although there are mixed feelings about the colon/intestinal one also. I do know not to do the liver cleanse if you have any liver problems at all. Like I said on my thread, how do we know though (unless we've been diagnosed). All I'm saying is just take caution. I will probably go through with it, but I will be extremely cautious (go day by day). Have no idea what side effects to look for to stop immediately. Just if something doesn't feel right, I will stop.

Sorry to bring everyone off course.

Oh and with the intestinal cleansing, I still think I am suffering from the initial break out or something (toxins coming out through my skin). Just something must be doing something, because everything is coming to a head. Argggg. Or maybe that's good.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-08-2005, 10:44 PM   #227
    FusionAmber
    (female)

FusionAmber HB User

Just got my pills in the mail today, can't wait to start them tomorrow!

Old 09-09-2005, 03:03 PM   #228
    omega47
    (male)

omega47 HB User

i took 2 pills at once (psyllium husks 500mg) and next morning had bad diarrhea. lol maybe i should stop for a while. any thoughts

Old 09-10-2005, 02:33 AM   #229
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

initial intake of psyllium husks can cause diarrhea, gas, etc. so you should take like 1 capsule of psyllium for the first three days and gradually increase to the required dosage (2x psyllium for lunch and dinner) for your body to get used to it. that's what i did but i took 2 psyllium for the first three days and i didn't had any side effects.

good luck.

Old 09-10-2005, 01:46 PM   #230
    heymikey1981
    (male)

heymikey1981 HB User

Can I take Psyllium husks and activated charcoal while on Accutane? If so, how long should I wait after I take a pill of Accutane before I can take these?

Old 09-12-2005, 01:35 AM   #231
    tata77
    (male)

tata77 HB User

so im here for another update on my acne with this digestive cleansing..and it sucks to say but..as of now..about 3 weeks into the program..there hasnt been much major changes to my face..i dunno maybe I just hafta go on for a couple more weeks for the cleanse to have an effect..but i dunno..its hard to stick to things when you dont see even a small result..im very sure this cleanse is helping my internal organs and such..but as of now..i cant really say my colons are directly linked to my acne..maybe they contribute a little..but there is probably something else internally that is a major factor for my acne..guess i'll hafta keep looking. good luck on those who try this system..hope you get results

Old 09-12-2005, 06:05 AM   #232
    Kelly03
    Inactive
    (female)

Kelly03 HB User

I think my intial breakout (which was horrible, by the way!!!) is on it's way out. Not sure if it was the cleanse, my regimen - supplements and products, OR I just tried Campho last night and woke up this morning to 5 less zits!!!! And the swelling and redness has gone down on all the others. Last night I had counted 25 zits, including 8 cysts (2 of which were nickel size and VERY swollen). This moring, 20 zits, 6 cysts are now just the size of a zit and the other 2 huge cysts have gone down a little.

What happened? It could have been a little of all of it. Dang it, I wish I was more patient.....I tried a few things all at the same time.

Old 09-12-2005, 06:07 AM   #233
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Hi tata77 I'm going to reply to you first to hopefully allay your concern somewhat. Firstly, let me please highlight that it took me longer (at least five weeks) before I really started to notice actual improvements to my acne. I could tell that something was changing, but the positive effects did not manifest themselves, on my skin at least, for over a month. Indeed, as I have previously mentioned, I suffered an initial breakout and almost stopped taking the supplements as a result. Of course, now I am a glad I stayed the course! But that is not to say that everyone is guaranteed success. That would be a shallow promise for me to make. All I am saying is stick with it for a while longer.

You might have seen from Iwillhelpyou's thread "Over 21+ years old with acne, Desperate? I will lend a hand", I have hypothesised that dietary cleansing and exercise go hand in hand (not underplaying the role of diet itself!) in the fight against acne. To this end, can you tell me what kind of exercise you perform in a given week? I myself am exercise crazy. I perform abdominal exercises everyday, run or cycle most days, and lift weights every other day. It was na´ve of me not to consider that this may play a vital part in the maintenance of my clear skin. But it's not to late to consider it now!

Old 09-12-2005, 06:10 AM   #234
    Kelly03
    Inactive
    (female)

Kelly03 HB User

oh and tata77, it's been about my 4th week doing the cleanse or after starting it. Just now noticing a down time.......acne and cysts finally settling down. Maybe the above was my initial breakout........yuck and wow was it bad. So give it about another week or so, and hopefully you may see something. Honestly the last 4 weeks up until today....I kept getting worse and worse and worse - the worse I've EVER been. I wouldn't give up just quite yet, give it a little more time, hopefully your like me and will notice a difference within the next week or so.

Good luck.

Old 09-12-2005, 09:06 AM   #235
    blah-de-blah
    (male)

blah-de-blah HB User

Did everyone get an initial breakout? It sounds like you guys did and everything got a lot worse. How long after the breakout did it start to settle down? Thanks

Old 09-12-2005, 10:51 AM   #236
    Kelly03
    Inactive
    (female)

Kelly03 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by blah-de-blah
    Did everyone get an initial breakout? It sounds like you guys did and everything got a lot worse. How long after the breakout did it start to settle down? Thanks
    Mine definitely got worse. Like they say with alot of treatments though, it will get worse before it gets better. Not every treatment or every individual experiences this though. Usually certain things do this by bringing all the acne in your skin up and out. After this happens (could be 3-5 weeks, give or take), then hopefully if it really is working, then you will see your results if it worked or not. Just what I've learned of other things also. So yes I got worse. Now I'm waiting for results and hoping for the BETTER now.

Old 09-12-2005, 10:54 AM   #237
    Kelly03
    Inactive
    (female)

Kelly03 HB User

Oh and I believe my initial break out lasted about 2 - 3 weeks. It sucked eggs. But now if I continue to get better and I see results and it helped, then it was worth it. If I'm the same as before this, then this wasn't the thing for me and I will try something new. Again, everyone is different.

Old 09-12-2005, 06:57 PM   #238
    health15
    (female)

health15 HB User

Well, I just ordered the whole colon cleanse system from DrNatura. Did anyone try this specific one? It is more expensive, but quick and easy. I read through many pages on this post (sorry not all of them) and I was wondering when did everyone start taking the probiotics? It seems like a waste of money to take them during the cleanse. Aren't you just flushing them out? I was thinking of doing the cleanse for 30 days and starting the probiotics after about 3 weeks.

I am also nervous about the initial breakout. Did everyone have one? I already went through that when I started retinA micro and my face is doing so much better. But I am always searching for better skin. It is a dream to someday go without makeup out in public and feel good.
    Also, on DrNatura's website there is a lot of testimonials about all kinds of crazy stuff coming out of people. Not to be gross, but did anyone see stuff that looked like worms and parasites?

Also, is it a smart idea to start taking everything on the weekend? Are you in the bathroom a lot after the first day?
    Thanks for any input, sorry if any of this stuff has already been discussed.

Old 09-12-2005, 08:39 PM   #239
    Kelly03
    Inactive
    (female)

Kelly03 HB User

health15, I just today, started my probiotics. yes we believe waiting until the flush is over is better, because yes they too may be flushed. also note if you take any other supplements, you may want to take them separate from your colon cleanse supplement. again, we don't want to flush them.....who knows though (EV can tell you more on his view). the bathroom thing with me, and some others was the opposite, some of us became constipated the first few days. but that's not everyone. you could try it on the weekend, but it didn't bother me, actually never felt anything until the 2nd day maybe, then felt movement, but ended up being a bit constipated. nothing to bad though. good luck.

Old 09-13-2005, 07:58 AM   #240
    omega47
    (male)

omega47 HB User

My update on this Cleanse.

It's been about 3 weeks now and i'm still getting acne. The first two weeks my acne was almost gone. Now, that school started, my acne returned. My derm said it's because of stress. Now, im convinced that this cleanse will help acne overall but it is not a cure.

Closed Thread