It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-13-2005, 08:10 AM   #241
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

Quote:
    Originally Posted by omega47
    Now, im convinced that this cleanse will help acne overall but it is not a cure.
    how come this not the cure? everybody here in the forum always talk about diet being the cause for acne. and i strongly believe that is the case. so why not clean the junk that you ate for a long time? yes acne will come back if you still eat those junk. but why not clean the inside and stop or minimize the junk you eat. that would be the ultimate cure for me. you said that your derm told you it's because of stress, that's because stress affects the testosterone the SAME as the food you eat.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 08:19 AM   #242
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

update - now im on my 1 and a half months of this regimen, overall acne i got from starting this is just around 4. and that is very new to me! 1 and a half months is a long time and i would probably got 10 acne without this regimen. my bm is also close to regular, i "go" once or twice a day now, as opposed to thrice a week before starting this regimen. so all in all, i love this regimen and i have 0 acne today!

ill keep updating. goodluck.

Old 09-13-2005, 08:24 AM   #243
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

oh and i also threw away ALL my topical medications yesterday (although i stopped my topical medications 2 months ago). i cant believe i wasted my time on those meds!

Old 09-13-2005, 09:04 AM   #244
    omega47
    (male)

omega47 HB User

your right annonymous. I should wait 1 more month to see if my acne completely disappears. I do go almost everyday. maybe once in 2 days because i don't eat alot and there is nothing to come out. I'm not saying this cleanse has not helped me because it has in some degree. But now in fall my acne comes back and back again. every fall....gets really bad in the winter and reduces dramatically in the summer months. that's my acne cycle. it's like a curse.

Old 09-13-2005, 03:08 PM   #245
    health15
    (female)

health15 HB User

Anonymous. You are going on 1 and a half months on the cleanse, right? Did you have an initial breakout when you started? If so, how long did it last?
    I think Omega mentioned being constipated in the beginning. I read that if you do not drink at least 8 glasses of water while on a cleansing program that it can constipate you. You need the water to move the fiber through your system.

Old 09-13-2005, 03:43 PM   #246
    DAFT
    (male)

DAFT HB User

Psyllium fiber reduces rise in postprandial glucose and insulin concentrations in patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes

http://www.ajcn.org/cgi/content/abstract/53/6/1431

Old 09-13-2005, 04:31 PM   #247
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Wow! Thank you, DAFT - I'm beginning to realise that your moniker is somewhat ironic (unless it's an acronym?). The study that you've highlighted basically shows that Psyllium is effective in reducing the release of glucose into the bloodstream (presumably because it is absorbed instead by the extra fibre?). This is something that I have never considered. My hypothesis regarding the efficacy of my regimen goes along the lines that the extra fibre helps to gather toxins as opposed to foodstuffs; although, excess glucose is essentially a toxin to the human body anyway. This study provides evidence to support the necessity to take a maintenance dosage of extra dietary fibre and helps me understand a lot clearer why my regimen has been successful

Once again, thank you for your input to this thread. It highlights why you ought to stick around for a while I am clear now, but acne pushed me so far to my limits that I feel like I should be doing everything I can to help others avoid that fate. It's your call though! In the mean time, before you do leave, can you consider where digestive system cleansing might sit next to the dietary modifications that you advocate? As I previously mentioned on your thread, I believe that there are some genuine breakthroughs being established on these boards that can greatly benefit other members. It would be useful to other members if the proponents of all aspects can collate their findings to devise an overall regimen. Yes, I am an idealist

Old 09-13-2005, 05:26 PM   #248
    health15
    (female)

health15 HB User

Interesting article. Thanks DAFT.

Old 09-13-2005, 06:43 PM   #249
    DAFT
    (male)

DAFT HB User

My moniker (username?) is ironic. I do not believe the digestive system cleanse has any affect on your acne, the fasting reduces insulin because your not eating and so do the husks because they contain fibre. fibre does not absorb anything but it is indigestible and increases the time it takes for glucose to hit the blood stream this is why whole grains are better than processed grains (they contain more fibre and fat). The slower the release of glucose the less your insulin will spike.

Glucose is not a toxin but our body's respond to it by producing insulin. insulin is a hormone that increase testosterone DHT and keracoytes . our body's put up with it (as all living things do) becuase without it we will die. Insulin is not just responsible for acne, its responsible for heart disease, liver disease, cancer, osteoporosis and aging to name a few.

Did you hear about the 44 year old lady on here who had acne since 11. The only time in her life it cleared up was when she became pregnant.

http://boards.*****.com/[email protected]@.59afa8ea/0!thdchild=.59afa8ea/0

Steroids make acne worse. guess what happens to insulin when you take steroids.

I have another very interesting part to this theory (slightly speculative but very interesting) i am waiting to find out in which countries people (two in particular omega77 and the lady with the "hippy" mum) live before i post.

ErimusValidus you donít live in usa right?

Considering you manage your acne this way you may want to buy a glucose meter, so you can measure yourself more accurately.

The reason it takes some people longer than others to see benefits from this diet has many explainable factors that Iím not going to go into, but basically your body has been under intense insulin stress and may take some time to recover once recovered you can slowly ease in bad foods again. Until I started eating masses of pasta/rice/noodles/potatoes i managed my insulin so well for so long (2+ years) I could happily eat chocolate and crisps now and again.

I will stick around for a few days.

Regime:

Eat low glycemic foods
    Excercise 1hr+ a day
    Eat fibre with every meal (psylium husks)
    Drink plenty of water

Each part of this regime is as important as the other.

Exercise preferably after your last meal, insulin will drop and as you wont be eating anything you'll have eight hours of low insulin levels.

Old 09-13-2005, 09:00 PM   #250
    c0nfused
    (male)

c0nfused HB User

EV, thanks for the thread. i read all the posts, went to gnc and bought the psyllium seed husk and the activated charcoal. i took two of each when i first got them, went to workout for 20 minutes, sat in the steam room for 20 minutes and im going to have two more psyllium seed husks with vitamin water right now. ive been trying everything and i hope this works.

also, i saw someone post about skin-organ charts. i thought it was interesting because my derm never said anything about why my acne shows up on the sides of the face and neck. does anyone know where i can find that chart so i can properly cleanse the corresponding organ?

thanks again, and i hope everyones acne is clearing up!

Old 09-14-2005, 03:16 PM   #251
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Hi senoflys Please excuse me for taking so long to reply to your questions. Regarding Epidermx, I have used it in the past and found it to be very effective at literally grinding down old cysts and helping red marks to fade. But it has the negative effect of reddening one's face. And beware of using it on active acne. Some people claim that it helped theirs, but in my experience it causes cross-infection and only angers new outbreaks. Since using Epidermx and also having two microdermabrasion treatments (very painful) I have resolved that the best healer for my old acne is time (although I do ensure a regular turnover of new skin cells by exfoliating daily). It's miraculous enough just for me to be free of new breakouts I truly wish that you get there too

Kelly03, I should probably post this on your thread, really, but I'm short of time at the moment. I looked into a liver cleanse and discovered that one is supposed to undertake a parasite cleanse in preparation, using Black Walnut Hulls, Wormwood, and Cloves. Hence I sought the ingredients at the health food and herb stores in my town, but even the Chinese herbalist didn't have a clue about what I was looking for I considered buying some Milk Thistle but I thought I ought to do things in the correct order. So that's on hold for the mean time until I have more time to research it.

If you're still experiencing an initial breakout then hold on in there - it will pass. There's an accumulation of rubbish in your digestive system that is suddenly being coaxed out and unfortunately there's no easy way out for it. Please update us of your progress!

I'm sorry to hear about your diarrhoea, omega47. It does seem that the supplements affect different people in different ways. As Anonym0us says, you might consider taking the lowest dose possible to begin with and build up from there. Regarding the pressure in your life, like your dematologist I also feel that it could be affecting the condition of your skin. I know it is very hard but try not to focus on your skin. Concentrate on your new school term and be patient with your acne because I'm afraid it won't go away overnight. Did you speak to your dermatologist about the cleanse, by the way? I was thinking of contacting my old dermatologist to get his opinion about this regimen.

heymikey1981, I don't see why you can't combine this regimen with accutane. I suppose you are worried that the supplements will flush the accutane out of your system. I believe that's doubtful to be the case, but it if bothers you then take the pills a few hours apart so that the accutane can get to work before the other supplements do.

Hello blah-de-blah I think an initial breakout is quite likely on this regimen, as Kelly03 exemplifies, and its severity probably depends on how inefficient your digestive system has become. I'm afraid the only real way to find out is to try it for yourself. Good luck

Hi health15 Another member already asked me about Dr Natura's Colon Cleanse and we established that the fundamental ingredients were the same as those of my regimen. I'm sure you'll take heart from the testimonials on the web site where people claim that their acne has cleared up. If you have concerns about the changes in your toilet habits then I do advise that you start on a Friday evening with a free weekend ahead of you. And, yes, we think it is best to wait until the initial cleanse is over before starting the probiotics. But overall, don't be nervous about cleansing your digestive system - you will look back on it as the best thing you've done in years! The benefits don't end with your skin. I am confident that you will realise your dream of having the confidence to go without makeup.

I'm very happy to hear about your success Anonym0us It is wonderful to hear that you are free of topical medication. All they do is exacerbate the problem by making the bacteria more resistant and over-drying your skin. Hopefully you have broken the cycle and can experience a period of genuine clarity. And long may it last!

Hi there c0nfused! It sounds like you've cottoned on to the idea of combining the various regimens that are "fashionable" on the boards at the moment. And that's a good thing! Exercise will definitely help your skin maintain its youthfulness. I also use a steam room at least once a week. I believe it has aided the shrinking of my enlarged pores which I used to think were ruined forever!

I don't know about skin-organ relationships but I also want to learn more. I have tried searching but to no avail. I am sure somebody will provide useful information on soupyhead's thread

Stay happy everyone EV

Old 09-15-2005, 08:05 AM   #252
    omega47
    (male)

omega47 HB User

EV,

My derm doesn't believe in natural cures. lol i used to show him proactiv and other natural cleanses he said he doesn't want to know about it. He said to use what he gives me...anyways i guess he just wants money.

Old 09-15-2005, 10:10 AM   #253
    tata77
    (male)

tata77 HB User

*sigh*..hey again everyone..here for another update..so i think its been almost a month now since i've been on this Digestive cleanses. I've been taking the psyllium husks, the activated charcoal, the yakult, everyday now. I dunno. I still feel like i'm getting the usually new pimples every two days or so. I know some people had results after 4 weeks and i'm already almost at 4 weeks. But it just seems like my acne has not been "cured". I know this cleanse is great for my colons, i would highly recommend that everyone do it just for an internal cleanse (which might help your acne too). but as for me, i don't think it is going to be my only solution to crystal clear skin. I am very much against using pills to resolve my problems (i.e accutane), because my acne is mild-moderate, but i occasionally get the large cysts and i don't want to deal with it anymore. My oil is the main problem and i know accutane is supposed to fix that. I dunno i want all of this to be over.

Old 09-15-2005, 10:34 AM   #254
    omega47
    (male)

omega47 HB User

I'm in the same boat as you tata. i don't want accutane since i heard scary side effects of it. i also have mild-moderate acne with occasional cysts which depress me to death. i'm 20 now had acne since 14 and it's time to stop i can't live like this anymore. i also am doing this digestive cleanse and it kinda helped me with the cysts, i dont get many cysts anymore. but, as you mentioned, this cleanse was not a "cure" for me also. i do not know what to do anymore. i tried alot of products, antibiotic they treat the acne but not cure them. If my acne doesn't go away by next year i guess ill have to go on accutane. My skin also was VERY oily in the past but now it reduced thanks to (which i believe) fish oil and diet (no junk food, no diary).

Old 09-15-2005, 10:39 AM   #255
    tata77
    (male)

tata77 HB User

wow i'm 19 and i started getting acne at 14 too..weird coincidence haha.

Closed Thread