It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-25-2005, 07:05 PM   #16
    midnightdoom1
    (male)

midnightdoom1 HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

This topic could not have come at a better time.. I have been getting sick of my acne. So this person my sister talks to suggested a detox diet consisting mainly of fruit and cutting sugar and dairy. I looked into it and it seems like a good idea. And since you's are having such sucess with this, I think I am going to combine the two. I just want to get one thing cleared..

For the fasting, you are saying not not eat anything at all, just drink water and take the pills for a day and a bit, and should I be drinking more than the recommended daily water intake, also how many pills did you use for the fast?

and i assume it is safe to combine all your recommended pills with multi-vitamins and such.

now on to the tough part of this new diet... not to eat mcdonalds or tv dinners at work on my lunch/supper...lol

Last edited by midnightdoom1; 07-25-2005 at 07:11 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2005, 08:32 PM   #17
    midnightdoom1
    (male)

midnightdoom1 HB User

now i got an issue, I have been searching the net, and went to the Yakult site, and it seems they don't sell the drink in Canada.. Do you know of anything that is the same but more accessible?

Old 07-26-2005, 09:31 AM   #18
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Hello, midnightdoom1, I am glad to have provided some hope for you. I sincerely hope you enjoy the same success I have. In the past I have experimented with my diet and realised that my acne is directly related to my sugar intake. But by sugar I don't just mean sweets and chocolate - that includes any complex carbohydrates such as bread, pasta, white rice, potato and even certain fruits. It's very difficult for an athlete such as myself to cut out these foods entirely. It's difficult for anyone. But I'm here to tell you, you might not have to! My theory is that I wrecked my digestive system in my secondary school years (eating mainly junk food) and I had no chance of repairing the damage by sensible eating alone. That's where the supplements come in.

To answer your question, I definitely would recommend an initial fast to make progress asap. It's a small sacrifice to make. As you say, it should take between 24 and 36 hours or so to really empty yourself out and if you double the dosage of pills that I specify on Page 1 of this thread, then that should be a steady start to cleaning out your system. Trust me, if you really do fast and ensure that you're empty, the capsules will flush you out good and if you're brave enough to look, the evidence will be clear. And when you see it, you'll realise why your skin is showing the ill effects of your diet. With respect to diet itself, I would always recommend a healthy diet incorporating plenty of water and fresh greens and limiting your carbohydrate intake. This will ensure that your skin isn't doughy and will reduce the appearance wrinkles. But hopefully you won't have to worry about the odd treat in a few months time

With respect to the Lactobacillus casei, if you cannot find Yakult then you might try Actimel which contains a similar strain of the probiotic, Lactobacillus casei Imunitass. I can't see if it is sold in Canada, however. But it is made by Danone, who are French, right? So there's probably a decent chance.

Constant, great name in light of this topic The Dr. Natura product looks good and if they are real, then the testimonals regarding success with acne are promising. However, judging from the ingredients it does not include either Bentonite Clay or Activated Charcoal. I would recommend either of those as well as the Psyllium Husks because they perform the actual removal of toxins, whilst the latter adds fibre to the diet to promote the collection of toxins. In my opinion you need both. However, maybe one of the other ingredients in the Dr. Natura formula fulfils this task. I don't know. If you live in the UK I would recommend simply buying the capsules separately from Holland & Barrett as I do.

Good luck both

EV

Last edited by ErimusValidus; 07-26-2005 at 09:34 AM.

Old 07-26-2005, 04:46 PM   #19
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

midnightdoom1, I can't say if those bacteria will work the same as that in Yakult, but I guess all probiotics are helpful because they balance out the bad bacteria. But I'm no expert!

Constant, check my above post. Just remember the forum guidelines regarding web pages!

Last edited by ErimusValidus; 07-27-2005 at 05:06 AM.

Old 07-26-2005, 05:07 PM   #20
    Constant
    Inactive
    (female)

Constant HB User

[QUOTE=ErimusValidus]midnightdoom1, I can't say if those bacteria will work the same as that in Yakult, but I guess all probiotics are helpful because they balance out the bad bacteria. But I'm no expert!

Constant, check my above post. Just remember the forum guidelines regarding web pages!
    [/QUOTE}

Thanks Erimus, I did read it.

I thought I was honoring forum rules but alas I was wrong...I'm a dork.

Old 07-26-2005, 10:39 PM   #21
    Pymp22
    (male)

Pymp22 HB User
    Question Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

ErimusValidus,
    I have been reading alot about your successes with colon cleansing. I have decided to try it. I have very mild acne, but i am curious as to how my body will feel after such a cleansing. I have psyllium husks and activated charcoal on order and should be here soon (in capsule form). What i am curious about is what is a good substitute for Yakult. They don't sell it in the U.S. Also, if you could, please go into great detail how you fasted, how many pills you took, and how many pills you take every day after fasting. Also, i am thinking about getting bentonite clay. Would you recommend that? Thanks and sorry about the great amount of questions.

Old 07-27-2005, 05:05 AM   #22
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Hi, Pymp22, as it happens I myself am currently fasting for 36 hours (water and supplements only). It's not difficult really because I ate last night and simply won't eat 'til tomorrow morning. I had a hunger pang as I was driving into work this morning but now I feel fine. It's going to be difficult tonight, though, since my whole family are away and I will have to preoccupy myself without any eating! You might wonder why I have decided to fast given that my skin is perfectly clear. Well, I am paranoid by nature! Even though things are going amazingly well, I am worried that if I don't perform a full cleanse at least every 6-8 weeks, things might start to slip. Add to that the fact I have a heavy weekend in prospect, I just felt it was time for a boost.

I was just thinking this morning how good it feels to fast once you get past the initial hunger period. When you're actually cleansing (with the supplements you've got on order) it does genuinely feel beneficial, especially the first time. The benefits aren't just limited to the alleviation of acne. You will feel lighter (or at least less bloated), probably more awake even, genuinely cleaner (if you stay the course and wait 'til you're properly flushed out), and your pallor will take on a glow whilst your facial tissue should tighten up (giving you a mini facelift!). In the long-run you may also notice an increase in your immune system as the backlog of toxins is expelled; although, probiotics will aid this greatly.

To that end I have been searching for products available in the US (and Canada, for the benefit of midnightdoom1 ) that contain Lactobacillus casei. However, it is proving difficult. In fact, I think Yakult is one of the few products to administer this particular probiotic. In general terms, a probiotic assists in the proliferation of undesirable bacteria, preventing pathogens from becoming dominant. Other cultures of probiotic, such as Bifidobacterium lactis (unique to Danone's Activia yogurt) achieve the same thing in essence; although, Danone market Activia as an aid to lactose digestion. Lactose is the sugar found in dairy produce and it is common for people to be intolerant to it to some degree (and in this context an intolerance can be seen as a factor in the outbreak of new acne).

Yakult, on the other hand, is more general, helping to normalise the balance of intestinal flora and assisting in the regulation of the peristaltic movement (natural rhythm) of the bowel. Hence I conclude that you cannot directly substitute Yakult for yogurts such as Activia, and vice versa. They are complementary. It really is a shame that you cannot buy Yakult in the States and Canada. The company doesn't claim to offer the only product containing Lactobacillus casei, but there don't seem to be any alternatives Funnily enough I've discovered a study by The Canadian Journal Of Gastroenterology that tests the probiotic, but unfortunately they don't quote the manufacturer.

Lastly, regarding dosage, check Page 1 of this thread for my daily dose. And when it comes to the initial fast I would recommend doubling this. And although Bentonite Clay was actually recommend for this cleanse above Activated Charcoal, I have obviously had success with the latter, and there is certainly no need to combine the two because they perform the same function.

So good luck Pymp22, and please keep us updated!

Old 07-28-2005, 08:57 AM   #23
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

hi, ill absolutely try this as early as tomorrow!

i have a few questions though:

1. can i still drink my green tea while doing this digestive system cleanse?

2. i intake vitamin A daily; will i still be able to eat this while on this cleanse?

3. can i still gain some weight? because i recently just planned to gain some weight. (im only 120 pounds)

thank you very much ErimusValidus for your time and telling us this wonderful regimen.

Old 07-28-2005, 02:57 PM   #24
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Hi, Anonym0us

1. As I understand it, Green Tea is useful - in terms of acne - for its prevention against damage from free radicals. I don't see why you cannot continue to drink it whilst adopting this new regimin; indeed, it may bolster its efficacy.

2. Again, Vitamin A is considered useful in the fight against acne, in the form of accutane at the highest level. It encourages the turn over of new skin cells. I can't imagine that it would interfere with a digestive cleanse.

3. Yes, you will certainly be able to gain weight. Although a cleanse will rid your system of the stagnant backlog of rubbish that has accumulated over the years, it will not bring about actual tissue loss. In fact, it may probably aid you in putting on muscle (as opposed to fat), as your system will be more efficient.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:45 PM   #25
    eat_to_live
    (male)

eat_to_live HB User

Hey Erimus - what was your diet like after the initial fast?

Also, just for discussion purposes, does anyone think it's possible to have too much "good" bacteria? ...i.e., the Yakult.

ETL

Last edited by eat_to_live; 07-28-2005 at 09:49 PM.

Old 07-29-2005, 05:41 AM   #26
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Hi eat_to_live Around the time I first adopted this regimen and when I first fasted, my diet was more strict than it is now. I tried to avoid bread, pasta and potatoes, as far as carbohydrate was concerned, and ate cous cous, wild rice and bulgur wheat instead. I certainly didn't eat anything sugary because I was used to it breaking me out within a few days For main meals I generally ate grilled meat, green vegetables and one of the above source of carbohydrates, and I ate a moderate amount of fruit in between. It was a very depressing time because I thought that was the way I was destined to live. But then I discovered the joys of internal cleansing

With respect to having too much good bacteria in your system, the theory goes that you need to top it up daily in order to maintain the balance against the favour of the pathogens. You do need the "bad" bacteria (E. coli is necessary for the proper digesiton of food, despite being labelled as "bad" - especially since it is associated with food poisoning). I certainly wouldn't worry about getting too much. But if the expense is a factor then I imagine one dose every other day would suffice.

Old 07-29-2005, 10:23 AM   #27
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

hi again! i just got mine now!

just another question, the directions of my activated charcoal says i should intake two 260mg capsules a day; but you said to take only one. is it because you're doing this for a long time now?

thanks again! im excited to try this! ill keep you guys updated!

Last edited by Anonym0us; 07-29-2005 at 10:41 AM.

Old 07-29-2005, 12:41 PM   #28
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Anonym0us, I didn't follow any real guidlines, to be honest. I just read somewhere that you're supposed to take about four times as much Psyllium Husks as Activated Charcoal. I've stuck at the dosage outlined on Page 1 since February now.

I look forward to your updates!

Old 07-29-2005, 12:54 PM   #29
    Constant
    Inactive
    (female)

Constant HB User

Hey EriumsValidus,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you.

I have ordered my cleanser, parasite cleanser and probiotics. They shoud be here in another couple of days.

After much research I also decided to complete a three day fast before starting on the cleansing program. Apparently it helps tremendously to fast before hand as it jump starts the process.

I also decided to purchase distilled water to drink. There seems to be opposite opinions on this. Some say drink high oxygenated water and some say drink distilled or water without oxygen. I went with distilled as the parasite cleanser has an ion component to it.

It should be interesting.

Now I need to decide on dosages and number of days I choose to do this. It is all a bit confusing but I am looking forward to it.

Old 07-29-2005, 04:37 PM   #30
    ohnoyoudidnt
    (male)

ohnoyoudidnt HB User

Sorry if its been asked but....

Are these pills over the counter?

If so, where can I get them and how much?

What are they called?

Closed Thread