It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-02-2005, 05:44 PM   #301
    Jelohi
    (female)

Jelohi HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

Wow! Ok, I just read (ok, skimmed towards the end) this entire thread! Whew!

I tried a colon cleanse product a while ago & stopped taking it because I got diarrhea. I think I'm going to try it again now after reading this! I still have a bottle of the stuff, it has the psyllium and probiotic (plus other stuff) in it, I guess I just need to get a charcoal product.

I am like the woman who got acne at 11 and still had it at 44, except I got it at 13 and still have it at 39. Like her, the only thing that ever helped was being pregnant! I have never taken accutane or antibiotics for it or really stuck to any topical regimens because they never worked, but now I'm glad I didn't! Sorta feel like I dodged a bullet there!

My only concern is that I'm trying to get pregnant again. Is this colon cleansing something that is safe to do now or should I wait till after the whole pregnancy/breastfeeding thing? We're talking a couple years here! Well, maybe it will go away again while I'm pregnant at least...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-03-2005, 08:47 AM   #302
    c0nfused
    (male)

c0nfused HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by omega47
    I've been using psyllium husks and charcoal and probiotics for bout a month now, the first week it showed some improvement but acne still kinda hangs around. So, i can say that this didn't eliminate my acne due to the fact that my acne is caused by hormones, stress, and maybe a fast metabolism?..which means it can't burn cabs fast enough causing the liver to flood with toxins. I'm only 20 maybe this works for older people but not for younger.
    omega47, I think I am having the same acne problems as you. I am 22 years old, skinny, and I have done almost everything to try to clear my face. But I have almost come to the conclusion that my acne is caused by hormones, stress and possibly a fast motabolism. i cut down my carb intake by as much as 75%, exercising at least 3 times per week, been trying to stay calm and not stressed, using multiple products including retin-A, capsiderm and starting to use epidermx, but NOTHING seems to be working! what are we doing wrong???

Old 10-03-2005, 09:28 AM   #303
    Technicolor
    Inactive
    (female)

Technicolor HB User

Hum hum, then I guess you have to experiment. Oil is ournatural barrier, my skin is very oily but that doesn't mean the oil increases the breakouts.
    Maybe try steaming and using some natural topicals on your face, like green tea. Before I started using Garnier, that did the trick.

Omega, maybe you should drink more water to make sure you flood out all the toxins? And it is not true, I'm merely fifteen and I've tried it before and it helped me like nothing else. I wasn't just determined enough.
    If it hangs around, don't quit it. Power it up with something else.

Acne is always hormonal, maybe you should use something that will lower the level of testosterone and androgenes in your body?

Old 10-03-2005, 11:30 AM   #304
    Jelohi
    (female)

Jelohi HB User

Well, I took some of that stuff last night & it gave me diarrhea again. Maybe it's not the thing for me! Maybe I'll try a lower dose...

Old 10-03-2005, 12:08 PM   #305
    Technicolor
    Inactive
    (female)

Technicolor HB User

After drinking 250ml of extra virgin olive oil (!), I got diarrhea, too. Green.

But it helped nevertheless.
    So it's not about how it looks, it's what it consists of.
    And we mostly expell toxins via urine, so yeah.

Old 10-03-2005, 12:20 PM   #306
    lainosuta
    (female)

lainosuta HB User

This post has given me alot of hope of maybe getting truely clear skin. I've beaten 90% of my acne with a clean diet, but that last 10% has been driving me crazy. Its like a plateau of trying to clear your skin, rather than losing weight. I'd looked into liver flushes, but to be honest, they scare the hell out of me. I've had activated charcoal just sitting in my bathroom for the past year because it helps with indigestion, but I never realised that I could use it for my skin. I just got a bottle of GNC Psyllium Seed today, and I haven't eaten since 8:00 pm CT last night. I thought I'd be starved, but I didn't really start getting hungry til around now. I've been drinking cold lemon water, and green tea, and it takes the edge off the hunger.

I'll keep you guys updated on how it goes.

Old 10-03-2005, 12:22 PM   #307
    c0nfused
    (male)

c0nfused HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Technicolor
    Hum hum, then I guess you have to experiment. Oil is ournatural barrier, my skin is very oily but that doesn't mean the oil increases the breakouts.
    Maybe try steaming and using some natural topicals on your face, like green tea. Before I started using Garnier, that did the trick.

Omega, maybe you should drink more water to make sure you flood out all the toxins? And it is not true, I'm merely fifteen and I've tried it before and it helped me like nothing else. I wasn't just determined enough.
    If it hangs around, don't quit it. Power it up with something else.

Acne is always hormonal, maybe you should use something that will lower the level of testosterone and androgenes in your body?
    Techni, what do you mean by using green tea on my face? where can i get a natural topical that youre talking about? i also try to drink lots of water, but it doesnt seem to help acne, it just affects how hydrated i look on my face. ive also been trying to lower my testosterone level by having less sex and masterbation, and exercising more. what can i do to lower my androgens? i am willing to try anything, someone please lead the way.

Old 10-03-2005, 01:07 PM   #308
    Technicolor
    Inactive
    (female)

Technicolor HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by c0nfused
    Techni, what do you mean by using green tea on my face? where can i get a natural topical that youre talking about? i also try to drink lots of water, but it doesnt seem to help acne, it just affects how hydrated i look on my face. ive also been trying to lower my testosterone level by having less sex and masterbation, and exercising more. what can i do to lower my androgens? i am willing to try anything, someone please lead the way.
    Simple, just buy green tea and boil one teabag, then squeeze the tea on a swab and damp it on your face. o:

It helps acne, try to stop drinking water and you'll see the difference.
    I think that sex and so on doesn't quite cut it, look up SweetJade1's topics.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:30 AM   #309
    lainosuta
    (female)

lainosuta HB User

You know Techni, you could try drinking and eating foods with isoflavones in them, such as soy milk, tofu, soy sauce, ect. It'd counterbalance out extra testosterone/androgens. There's also teas out there for menopausal women that can help if thats what you truly think your problem is. If worse comes to worse, go see your gyno and tell them you think you're out of whack and need bc to balance out your hormones. Ask for a low dosage one at first, and if it doesn't work, move up to higher doses.

As for my update: Phew, what a night. I got through an entire 34 hour cleanse without eating anything but drinking water, water with lemon and eating a teaspoon of flax seed to help with a headache last night. But I woke up this morning feeling as weak as if I had the flu, and a mild fever(I went into this hoping I"d avoid these side effects, but I knew that it was possible it'd happen so dont worry, I'm ok with being sick). And since this is a pretty blatant thread, I went to the bathroom this morning, and my urine smelled toxic. I can't even normally smell it, but phew, I must of flushed alot of stuff from my system.

I took:
    2x psyllium seed
    1x charcoal tablet
    .. once at lunch, and once in the evening. I also took a centrum vitamin and one alpha lipoic acid capsule to keep my blood sugar from going everywhere. Also drank two cups of antioxidant green tea, which had vitamin c and e in it.

I drank one of my Labrada Lean Body For Her shakes this morning hoping to feed my body what it propably is begging for at this moment. Since they're low calorie/sugar and very nutritous(and 30 grams of protein), I'm hoping it'll set me on the road to recovery without upsetting my stomach too much. My fiance promised to bring me a bottle of gatorade after he returns from work to see if that'll help.

After this, I'll gradually reintroduce food. I think I'd make myself sick if I tried to return to 2000 calories a day, so I'll just.. ease into it till I'm better. I think I'll keep up my dosage for two weeks, then take a break for two weeks, as was recommended. Sounds like a good plan, eh? I'd even consider doing this again in four weeks to see if I got through it better, which would mean that I really did purge some toxins from my body this first round.

Edit: Oh yes, the good news about all this. Several red spots that refused to come to the surface practically deflated over night. Only about 4, but hurrah! They're still red, but all the tension in them is gone, and them seem to be healing really fast.

Last edited by lainosuta; 10-04-2005 at 07:32 AM.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:36 AM   #310
    Technicolor
    Inactive
    (female)

Technicolor HB User

Great! Thanks for the advice, I haven't considered those things as an aid in my diet.

And congratulations on your progress. I just started mine, when the mailman came with my psyllium capsules. I already drank 8 glasses of water trying to swallow them, holy crap, swallowing a charcoal tablet takes a lot out of you.

But I can feel it working just now. Maybe I took too much at once... oh hell, sitting in bathroom is what I am to do during this cleanse anyway.

Tee hee.

Old 10-04-2005, 07:52 AM   #311
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lainrosuta
    I think I'll keep up my dosage for two weeks, then take a break for two weeks, as was recommended.
    hmm... i wouldn't suggest this one, IMO. you're just starting to flush all the toxins and cant risk stopping this as it will take longer to see the big difference. i suggest taking your 2 week break on your 2nd month. for me, im know on my 9th week and i noticed the difference on my 4th week. right now, i dont have a single acne! and i now have a regular bowel movements. im so thankful i found this thread!

Last edited by Anonym0us; 10-04-2005 at 07:57 AM.

Old 10-04-2005, 08:07 AM   #312
    Technicolor
    Inactive
    (female)

Technicolor HB User

Now that's certainly planting a seed of hope in being able to get rid of acne before summer 2006.

Say, Anonymous, what kind of facial regimen do you use besides that? Do you take any additional supplements?

Old 10-04-2005, 09:31 AM   #313
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Technicolor
    Now that's certainly planting a seed of hope in being able to get rid of acne before summer 2006.

Say, Anonymous, what kind of facial regimen do you use besides that? Do you take any additional supplements?
    im only using kiss my face pure olive oil soap and ACV diluted with water as a toner. i want to treat my face as gentle as possible because of the damage done by the topical medications i used before. i already threw away all of those topical meds since i started this regimen. i just started taking ground flaxseed and evening primrose oil yesterday for my itchy, mild seborrheic dermatitis skin 'cause i heard that itchy skin can be cured with flaxseed/EPO. i also drink green tea which is very healthy for you.

Last edited by Anonym0us; 10-04-2005 at 09:50 AM.

Old 10-05-2005, 06:03 PM   #314
    health15
    (female)

health15 HB User

Well, there has been a lot of discussion about the cleanse, but I was wondering if we can all update each other on how our acne is? Can everyone state how long they have been doing the cleanse, type of acne, and how it has improved? Thanks.

I have been doing the cleanse for almost 3 weeks. The last week, I also started an anti-candida diet. (lots of restrictions but the main thing is no sugar). My acne is definately better. I only have 2 small bumps on my jawline and old acne marks that are slowly fading. (I am also using retinA micro, green cream, and clinamycin gel). I had mild to no acne my whole life until this last year. It changed to moderate, and has been harder to get rid of then ever before. So, I am very happy to just have the old marks to deal with. (knock on wood). Oh, my eczema on my hands is almost gone!

Last edited by health15; 10-05-2005 at 06:05 PM.

Old 10-05-2005, 10:00 PM   #315
    soupyhead
    (male)

soupyhead HB User

mine is def a lot better, i am only getting a few on my forehead now. I have only gotten 4 or 5 on the rest of my face in the last month or so.. i've also been eating lower carb, but not all the time.. i think the combination of both is really working.

Closed Thread