It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-10-2005, 05:09 PM   #331
    skimom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

skimom HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ErimusValidus
    Hi skimom Don't you think there is a link between hormones, diet, and one's digestive system? I believe there is. When we hit puberty certain hormones concentrate their efforts on the development of the sex organs. That's the priority: without those we'd all be extinct. But those hormones are also required for other purposes, such as the efficient metabolism of food.
    I guess you are right. Unfortunately, I'm the one who does all the research on this subject. Then I have to convince her to try it. It's so much easier to take a pill. And, I don't suppose you can do the cleanse while taking an antibiotic?

Last edited by skimom; 10-10-2005 at 05:11 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2005, 08:00 PM   #332
    health15
    (female)

health15 HB User

Senoflys. I'm happy with DrNatura's program. I have been a partial vegetarian for 10 years and really didn't have a problem with constipation. But, I figured I would try it and see if it helped my acne. Well, I am so glad that I did! At first my bowel movements just smelled really bad. Later, it started looking like it had a lot of different colors in it and the shape of it was strange. It is like it is the shape of my colon when it comes out! And I go a lot more than I did before. I was going 2-3 times a day before. Now I go anywhere from 2-5 times a day and it is a lot more on each occasion. On the third week I started seeing "things" in my stool that looked like undigested pine nuts. Sorry to be so gross, but you asked! There is no way that I ate that many pine nuts without chewing them. God only knows what those things are!
    As for my skin. Well, if I would have wrote this yesturday, I would have said that I haven't had one new pimple in a week. (I've been doing this for 3 weeks total, so no break outs after 2 weeks). However, last night I woke up with 2 new pimples. 1 small one and 1 that is a bump on my jawline. I also started doing a special diet for getting rid of candida, so i think some toxins are being released. I plan on doing the cleanse for at least 2 months.

Old 10-10-2005, 08:21 PM   #333
    soupyhead
    (male)

soupyhead HB User

arghh i'm still getting pimples only on my forehead since doing this.. i'm taking psyllium and charcoal and acidiphilous 3x a day.. i cant figure out why the breakouts on my forehead keep coming and are so persisitent yet i'm not breaking out at all anywhere else on my face... anyone have ideas?

Old 10-11-2005, 03:30 AM   #334
    erica1213
    (female)

erica1213 HB User

health15- please keep us updated on your progress.
    Thanks!

Old 10-11-2005, 08:49 AM   #335
    senoflys
    (male)

senoflys HB User

thanks for the info Heath15, please keep us updated. I think I may eventually do that cleanse.

Old 10-11-2005, 11:13 AM   #336
    Technicolor
    Inactive
    (female)

Technicolor HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by soupyhead
    arghh i'm still getting pimples only on my forehead since doing this.. i'm taking psyllium and charcoal and acidiphilous 3x a day.. i cant figure out why the breakouts on my forehead keep coming and are so persisitent yet i'm not breaking out at all anywhere else on my face... anyone have ideas?
    Sun?
    You ought to shield your face from the UV radiation. Be it winter, autumn - sun does much damage to your skin.

Maybe you touch your face? Or maybe it's the dirt or anything else from your hair?

As for me, after a week I do see improvements, but today was full of sins...
    Chocolate bar, white pasta, white bread...
    I love my retinoid+zinc cream.

Old 10-11-2005, 04:07 PM   #337
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Technicolor
    Maybe you touch your face? Or maybe it's the dirt or anything else from your hair?
    Technicolor may have a point about your forehead acne, soupyhead. I always used to exacerbate my forehead acne by letting my fringe - which was gelled to the max - touch it. Certain "beauty" products can definitely do more harm than good where acne is concerned.

My general advice is not to dwell on the forehead acne. I think it's just taking a longer time to break the breakout cycle. Forehead acne has always been the most persistent type for me, and it has left the most visible scars. It's just stubborn.

I think it's because the skin on the forehead is less fleshy than the cheeks, the chin, and even the nose, so the acne tends to be more painful. And as a result you end up touching it more, and then cross-infection occurs. So try your best not to think about it. I know it's really hard

Old 10-15-2005, 11:47 AM   #338
    heymikey1981
    (male)

heymikey1981 HB User

Could someone aside from EV who have used this regimen post their stories here.

How long have you been using it?
    What kind of acne did you have before starting this?
    What is the current state of your acne?

Thanks.

Old 10-19-2005, 07:38 AM   #339
    heymikey1981
    (male)

heymikey1981 HB User

*bump*

2 grams of Psyllium a day seems quite low. I've read from some various websites that the recommended daily intake is at least 10 grams. I'm planning on buying the powdered version of psyllium because 1 tbps = 5 grams of psyllium. If I take it twice a day, I would have at least 10 grams of psyllium daily.

If I do this, how much activated charcoal should I take?

Old 10-19-2005, 01:13 PM   #340
    jazmella
    (female)

jazmella HB User

Yeah, I take 2 tablespoons of psyllium husk in the powdered version, not capsules.

Old 10-20-2005, 12:54 PM   #341
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User

I took Psyllium and Activated Charcoal for 10 weeks and drank 1 yakult everyday, but I noticed I started getting hives on my arms, which I have worked out is the yakult. So I am going to get a good strain of Acidopholus and that should solve my hive issue, I havn't drank a yakult for 3 days now and I havn't any hives. Acne is clearing up though, but the allergic reaction to the diary in yakult could of been a slight hinderence on my progress. EV please could you tell me what you think.

Old 10-20-2005, 08:05 PM   #342
    AznHisoka
    (male)

AznHisoka HB User

So 70 pages of responses, and not one person besides EV has tried this regimen and has shown dramatic improvement? Question EV, I assume this regimen was created solely by you? Did you get ideas for certain supplements from any sources? Could you tell us those sources? How did you pinpoint the exact mg you were supposed to take (or did you adjust from week to week).

Old 10-21-2005, 07:00 AM   #343
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AznHisoka
    So 70 pages of responses, and not one person besides EV has tried this regimen and has shown dramatic improvement?
    i did. im almost on my 3rd month and have been clear since then (knock on wood) in fact, i dont visit this forum that often anymore.

Old 10-21-2005, 09:12 AM   #344
    AznHisoka
    (male)

AznHisoka HB User

Anonymous: What parts of your face did you get the most recurring acne? What type of acne was it (cysts, papules, etc.)

I'm wondering because some say the location of your acne determines what part of your digestive system is messed up.

Old 10-21-2005, 10:43 AM   #345
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User

AznHisoka If you have read the whole 70 pages of this thread you would know that EV is not the only one who has tried this regimen, I have been trying it for the last 10 weeks and I have seen great improvement in my skin and my digestion, I'm not 100% clear, but EV does say that it takes time. I have severe Acne since I was 16, I would say its moderate now, I mostly get it on my legs and back, but since drinking Yakult everyday I have a couple of spots on my neck, which I never got before, they are small and dissapearing fast. I also eat mostly fruit and vegetables, and drink 1-2 litres of water per day.

PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THREAD BEFORE APPLYING THAT THIS REGIMEN ONLY WORKED FOR EV.

Closed Thread