It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-21-2005, 01:44 PM   #346
    tata77
    (male)

tata77 HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

i've been on this for i'd say almost 10 weeks now. I started this program orginally b/c i thot it would eliminate my acne. In the beginning it did seem as if my acne was slowing down. However, after a few weeks, my normal periodic acne kept coming back. I still continue the cleanse b/c i know its good for my digestive system and internal organs. However, I have stopped trying to depend on it as my only acne solution. I am trying a new cleanse now which also requires an initial fast (I am currently on the last day of the fast). And interestingly, my acne is slowing down again. I'm starting to think that the reason why EV's digestive cleanse worked in the beginning was b/c i was fasting. So i'm definately thinking that my acne is food related. I am very grateful however for reading EV's thread b/c I am more conscious of my internal organ's well-being and understand the importance of treating it well. If anyone is curious as to which cleanse I am on, it is the one posted by Technicolor. You can probably find the thread if you search under her name.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2005, 10:41 PM   #347
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AznHisoka
    Anonymous: What parts of your face did you get the most recurring acne? What type of acne was it (cysts, papules, etc.)

I'm wondering because some say the location of your acne determines what part of your digestive system is messed up.
    i would have to say i get pustule, papule type acne, and i even get cystic type sometimes. i had it on my forehead, both cheeks, and sometimes my chin.

and as like tata77 said, im more aware of internal organ's well being. you should work it internally.

im so thankful i tried this regimen. good luck to all!

Old 10-22-2005, 07:10 AM   #348
    AznHisoka
    (male)

AznHisoka HB User

I will indeed try this cleanse, as other colon cleansing regimens seem to be ultra-strict. Have any of you follow this up with a liver cleanse, or done a parasite cleanse before this?

Old 10-22-2005, 07:01 PM   #349
    health15
    (female)

health15 HB User

Just an update on my progress. I did Dr Natura's parasite and colon cleanse for 30 days. I am now on a 5 day break as recommended and will do another 30 day cleanse in a day or 2. I always seem to break out after I boast about how great my skin is doing, but I will just knock on wood and do it anyway. I can now say that I do not have any pimples on my face! If I turn at a certain light, my skin is not yet totally smooth yet, but I am happy to be pimple free. The old red marks are also fading. I have been using retinA micro, clindagel, and green cream for 3 months now, but it wasn't quite getting me all the way clear until I did the cleanse. I only had 1 small white head before my period this month. It went away in about 2 days. This is very good for me. Especially since the weather is getting cold and dry. (my face is usually worse in the winter).
    Along with the cleanse I also stopped eating wheat, have very very little cheese, and eat NO sugar. And of course drink plenty of bottled water. I bought xylitol to substitute for sugar. I even stopped drinking fruit juices. I never drank pop and I wasn't eating meat except for fish even before the cleanse. I have also been taking olive leaf extract, probiotics, and antioxidants with extra zinc everyday.
    The only thing that has been strange during this whole cleanse is that I am having less bowel movements since I started doing this. 2 a day instead of 2-3 a day like I was having before. When I start the cleanse again, I think I will take a little less of the fiber mix. I eat a lot of fiber normally and I think it might have been too much.
    I would recommend anyone thinking of doing this to give it a try. I am even sleeping better and have more energy.

Old 10-22-2005, 11:31 PM   #350
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by health15
    I am even sleeping better and have more energy.
    i knew it was the cleanse!

Old 10-28-2005, 01:35 AM   #351
    jac1976
    (female)

jac1976 HB User

Hi, I've never posted on this thread before, but in fact I've been onactivated charcoal and psyllium husk for 2 months now.

I take 1 tablet of activated charcoal and 2 capsules of psyllium husk mostly twice a day. But sometimes I forget to take it after lunch.

Somehow I think that I'm not taking enough dosage because I never felt any BM and my stool is never in light colour. Only one thing for sure, there's always undigested charcoal in my stool. Don't ask me how I notice, I just know.

Now the good news. i havea feeling that it's working, slowly and steadily. I don't mean to tell you that I haven't have one zit for 2 months, no. I still have pimples, and I also still have cystic acne on my face, but it's getting better in the sense that the process is shortened now. I used to have bumps under my skin and develop into cyst, and the cyst will be there for a few months unless I force it out by poking a needle to puncture it...... But now I notice that the cystic acne I have are not as big anymore and not as stubburn as well, and that my acne cream (normally BP) works faster.

I'm gonna try to increase my dosage, most probably double up. But just one question before I do so: is it ok to intake so much activated charcoal a day? I'm talking about 4 tablets in 2 meals and that I have undigested charcoal in my stool as well....

Well, thanks for any reply.

Jac

Old 10-28-2005, 12:07 PM   #352
    Hyde
    (male)

Hyde HB User

Is it ok to mix Psyllium Husk powder and the Activated Charcoal into water and drink the liquid instead?

Also, is it normal to feel kind of woozy a few days into the regimen?

Old 11-14-2005, 05:42 PM   #353
    Hyde
    (male)

Hyde HB User

I just want to post an update on how I am doing.
    So I did 2 weeks of EV's regimen. And I can't believe the effects.
    I took Activated Charcoal and Psyllium Husk powder mixed together with water. I started out once a day for 3 days, then increased the dosage to twice a day, then eventually to 3 times a day. I also took a probiotic called Primal Defense(from Source of Life). I started taking it once a day, and gradually increased it to 3 times a day as well.

At first, this regimen made my skin quite dry, and I even started to shed. This lasted for a few days. During this period, no new pimples appeared. After ths shedding, my skin started becoming very supple. Right now, I have 2 very tiny spots in the left side of my face, and some scars remaining. I have noticed even much less blackheads in my nose. EVERYTHING is becoming supple, and smoother. It is very unbelievable.

EV, thanks for the great regimen.

I am planning to continue with a liver flush sometime this week, and perhaps a parasite cleanse too.

Here is the last week and a half of my progress report:
    Friday
    Skin, overall has no new pimples. It is however dry.

Saturday
    Skin, has no new pimples however skin is shedding.
    Gonna introduce some skin food like Brazil nuts and Vitamin C.

Sunday
    Skin, has no new pimples. Skin is much less dryer than yesterday
    Sleep has helped.

Monday
    No new pimples. Skin is no longer dry, but a little on lower left face

Tuesday
    No new pimples.
    Need to continue skin food.

Wednesday
    No new pimples.
    Skin feels a little tight. Continued eating sweet potatoes and Yeast Flakes.
    Started taking Malic Acid
    Bowels are no longer broken into pieces, it is solid now.

Thursday
    No new pimples

Friday
    No new pimples
    Skin getting very supple

Saturday
    No new pimples
    Skin is very supple

Sunday
    No new pimples
    Skin smooth

Monday (Today)
    No new pimples.
    Skin very smooth

Old 11-15-2005, 03:57 AM   #354
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

exactly! i have been on this regimen for 3 and a half months now and i'm still clear! (knock on wood) this regimen is really, really great!

Old 11-15-2005, 01:25 PM   #355
    blah-de-blah
    (male)

blah-de-blah HB User

Hi,
    I've been on this cleanse for nearly 2 weeks now - the first week i only took 1 activated charcoal and 1 cup of psyllium husks a day. On the second week I increased it to 2 of each. Am I meant to see any effects yet? It only seems like its getting worse - or maybe its the weather? How long does it usually take? And did you guys watch your diet when doing this? I've only stopped eating chocolate, drinking coke and stuff and drinking lots of water. Though it shouldn't matter too much if its being cleaned out should it?

Thanks

Old 11-15-2005, 01:41 PM   #356
    AznHisoka
    (male)

AznHisoka HB User

The purpose of this cleanse is to rid your colon and intestines of any toxins, mucus, and junk, etc. that can make digestion and bowel movement harder than usually. So if you take in junk, this cleanse will be useless! Thus, it is important to still eat healthy during this regimen. Obviously, you cannot eat any fried, processed, or fast food. Stay away from dairy, and wheat too for the time being. Drinks lots of water. Get lots of rest, and sweat daily. Don't overeat.
    A sample diet of what I ate during this regimen
    Breakfast
    Macaroni with Beef (I tested macaroni on an elimination diet earlier, with no bad results)
    Vanilla Rice Milk (non-dairy) with 3 raw egg yolks, and Yeast Flakes with Coconut Oil

Snack
    Freshly Squeezed Orange Juice

Lunch
    Steamed Brocolli, Cauliflower, and Carrots with Turkey Breast

Snack
    Handful of Walnuts
    2 hard-boiled eggs, with cantaloupe

Dinner
    White rice (Again tested with elimination diet)
    Fish
    Steamed Veggies

After-Dinner
    A piece of avocado.

I want to also add that I ate a lot "skin food" during this regimen, and I think that helped in shedding off a layer of my skin off.
    Foods I ate almost daily:
    1. Good oil: Fish oil, or Coconut Oil (Wheat germ and cod liver are good too)
    2. Avocado
    3. Nuts: Walnuts, Brazil nuts, Almonds
    4. Sweet Potatoes
    5. Emergen-C

Last edited by AznHisoka; 11-15-2005 at 01:43 PM.

Old 11-16-2005, 07:04 AM   #357
    blah-de-blah
    (male)

blah-de-blah HB User

Can you explain to me what 'skin food' is? Or which foods are good for the skin? I'm also trying to gain weight at the same time so is there anything that can help you gain weight and is a 'skin food'? Thanks

Old 11-16-2005, 03:17 PM   #358
    AznHisoka
    (male)

AznHisoka HB User

Skin food is is simply food that is good for the skin: it makes it more supple, and less bumpy and rough. Eating these will be good for gaining weight too. However, I suggest NOT overeating during this regimen. You need to cleanse your colon, and ingesting too much food will render this regimen useless. Gain weight AFTER this is over.

Old 11-16-2005, 04:38 PM   #359
    Stylianfire
    (male)

Stylianfire HB User

Can someone tell me a replacement for Yakult to get Lactobacillus Casei? Or , is Lactobacillus Casei the same thing as Lactobacillus Acidophicus or something like that? If GNC carried something with a good concentration of Lactobacillus Casei, that'd be great! I want to try this but I have no idea of how to get Lactobacillus casei because they dont sell Yakult here.

Old 11-16-2005, 04:54 PM   #360
    Stylianfire
    (male)

Stylianfire HB User

Also I just read on some random website that seemed like it had valid info said this..

" Lactobacillus acidophilus (DDS-1 and NAS super strains) bacteria break down proteins in the small intestine and help maximize food absorption. These super strains also help counteract bad germs because they secrete small amounts of hydrogen peroxide and other anti microbial substances. L. acidophilus bacteria communicate in a supportive way with the immune system.
    Bifidobacteria bifidum (Malyoth super strain) bacteria are the predominant, friendly residents of the large intestine. They help prevent invading harmful germs or resident yeast strains from interfering with the essential cleansing activity of the colon or large intestine. The more B. bifidum present, the less burden there is on the liver. These beneficial bacteria usher out poisons that otherwise would have to be neutralized by the liver. Japanese researchers feel B. bifidum organisms are more important than any other beneficial bacteria for human health."

Anyone think adding either one would be more beneficial ? Or would just the L. cassei stuff do the trick? or maybe trying one of these instead of the casei? I dunno

Closed Thread