It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-22-2006, 12:32 PM   #421
    skimom
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

skimom HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ErimusValidus
    Hey, han23 I'm glad you've stumbled across something to give you fresh hope. Sometimes I worry that I am giving people false hope because the success rate is not as high as I would have hoped. But if I only help a handful of people then it's still got to be worth it! And with your high metabolic rate, sex, and age (making it unlikely that you are suffering from predominantly hormonal acne), it does sound like you might respond to this treatment. I wish you the very best of luck as I do with everyone!

The Psyllium Husks I take is also the Holland & Barrett brand. I've never noticed the warnings, but now you mention it I do see them. Personally, I've never experienced any discomfort in my throat from ingesting this extra fibre. However, I am a big water drinker. I think the warning is a precautionary measure taken by the company, more than anything. Psyllium expands up to fifty times its dry volume upon contact with fluid. Hence, if you didn't swallow it properly I suppose it could swell up on contact with your saliva and block your throat. But it sounds very unlikely.

Regarding the anti-biotics, you might as well continue to take them. As they are your third course you might notice that they are less effective than the previous two (since the bacteria will have grown more immune to the antibodies) but they should still help. Beating acne is all about breaking the cycle. So anything that alleviates the relentless march of new acne will be beneficial to you and give things a kick-start. However, I would recommend that you take the anti-biotics separately (by several hours) from the supplements in this regimen in case they are absorbed by the Activated Charcoal.

Erimus - Hi there, I just got done reading about 70% of these posts. It's quite a read. I do all the research for my dd and hopefully she'll consent to try this. I think I'll start her out slowly with half dosages and gently suggest a fast but I won't push it. I hate it when I suggest stuff and she gets worse and/or sick. She is on doxcycline now so can she take the yakult too? If she gets great results then maybe she'll consent to stop the drug. Just got through reading Kevin Trudeau's book on Natural Cures and although some think he's a quack or charlatan he says an awful lot about toxic colons being the root of all disease including acne and says so much about colon cleansing that I became a believer. Thank you for all your hard work and sharing. I'm done with my acne days but still keenly remember the pain which I am now revisiting with my child unfortunately who got acne at 11 and is approaching 18. I'm going to do this regimen just for health preservation.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2006, 07:14 PM   #422
    nenaw
    (male)

nenaw HB User

Hey all. I recently started doing this regime a little over a week ago. I'm taking Activated Charcoal and Psyllium Husks on a regular basis, and drinking a good amount of water. Over the last few days I have started to break out though. I've gotten a few big, nasty ones where the whole pimple turns white (so disgusting). I've also recently started doing the aspirin mask , following up with diluted apple cidar vinegar about a few weeks ago.

Is it common to break out with this digestive cleaning system? I'm just unsure if maybe the cleansing is breaking me out, or the apsirin mask and vinegar? I would assume maybe the digestive cleansing system is, just because it's new to the body, and it's ridding all the bad toxins, so a lot of it is going through my skin? I'm not sure. If anybody has any ideas advice or comments please let me know. Thanks

Old 02-14-2006, 10:18 AM   #423
    El_Santito_05
    (male)

El_Santito_05 HB User

I too have tried this regime for about a week and I started to break out a bit. I think it does have to do with the regime because:

1. I break out in areas i don't usually break out in.

2. They are not big pimples rather small ones.

3. And they turn white in the middle.

I am also using camellia oil and epidermx but I started that 2 weeks before and did not break out. I'm not worried yet. Only if it gets worse.

Last edited by El_Santito_05; 02-15-2006 at 06:02 AM.

Old 02-14-2006, 08:24 PM   #424
    erica1213
    (female)

erica1213 HB User

please continue to post results. thanks!

Old 02-15-2006, 12:06 AM   #425
    nenaw
    (male)

nenaw HB User

This system is really helping with my gas and bowel movements, but doing absolutely nothing for my acne.

Old 02-15-2006, 09:22 AM   #426
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by El_Santito_05
    I too have tried this regime for about a week and I started to break out a bit. I think it does have to do with the regime because:

1. I break out in areas i don't usually break out in.

2. They are not big pimples rather small ones.

3. And they turn white in the middle.

I am also using camellia oil and epidermx but I started that 2 weeks before and did not break out. I'm not worried yet. Only if it gets worse.
    Hi El_Santito_05 It does sound to me like your body is eliminating toxins. You are correct not to worry - it's a promising sign!

I think I'm correct in saying you haven't been on the regimen for that long yet, have you nawsanenawmean? It does take time for clear results.

Old 02-15-2006, 01:11 PM   #427
    Ihaveadream
    (male)

Ihaveadream HB User

Its taken me 3 months to have the best skin since I was on clindermycin topical (which was my 1st anti)!

Old 02-15-2006, 08:56 PM   #428
    nenaw
    (male)

nenaw HB User

Erimus, I think I have been on this system for 4 weeks, maybe 5. Maybe it is a little soon to see results, but I'm not going to stop because it is working great for my digestive system.

Old 02-17-2006, 12:09 PM   #429
    El_Santito_05
    (male)

El_Santito_05 HB User

I have decided to stop this regimen. I noticed after three days on this that I started to break out and before it got any worse I decided to stop. Actually, it's been a couple of days now since I've stopped and I'm still breaking out.

I was doing just fine too. I had been break out free for a year. I was leaving my "Solvere" acne kit and trying the camellia oil and still was not breaking out. Maybe I just got too anxious.

In reality I don't mind the pimples, I'm afraid of the scars. I hope...well, you know.

Old 02-17-2006, 06:30 PM   #430
    kHan artist
    (male)

kHan artist HB User

I'm highly considering trying this because I've had acne for about 10 years and I've developed many digestive problems. I have problems with constipation, sometimes diarrhea, and am very sensitive to eating bad meat/dairy products (since i get what i call "food poisioning" very easy - basically by eating anything expired). I also have IBS. So if do this, it will be helping my overall health and hopefully the acne too, God willing!? I've been looking into probiotics to help with my digestive problems any way.

i live in the US (Atl, GA) and was wondering what soources of psyllium husks, activated charcoal, and lacto... caseii have ppl been using ( ppl like HEALTH15, Anonymous, and everyone else who've had success)? I've read the first 20 and last 20 pages of posts and have determined that Primary Defense is Good for the probiotics, but what products for PH and AC? someone mentioned GNC, but the products with P. seed Husk are not purely PH? Is it still okay to use that?

Thanks for any input and I was finally attracted to this board because of its longevity. I'm against STRICT diet restrictions, because I'm extremely busy and skinny and can't afford to get skinnier. I avoid sodas, chocolate, and try to avoid junk food ..tho i eat out a lot and have too much processed and fried foods.

Last edited by kHan artist; 02-17-2006 at 06:32 PM.

Closed Thread