It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-29-2005, 07:35 PM   #31
    eat_to_live
    (male)

eat_to_live HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

Primal Defense, arguably the leading probiotic manufactured today, contains a strain of lactobacillus caseii - as well as 13 other probiotic strains. It is pretty expensive though...about $50 for 180 caplets. So, that's like $100 a year if you take one caplet a day. Whoa. But supposedly it's worth it because lots of people swear by it's effectiveness.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-30-2005, 06:49 AM   #32
    Constant
    Inactive
    (female)

Constant HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by eat_to_live
    Primal Defense, arguably the leading probiotic manufactured today, contains a strain of lactobacillus caseii - as well as 13 other probiotic strains. It is pretty expensive though...about $50 for 180 caplets. So, that's like $100 a year if you take one caplet a day. Whoa. But supposedly it's worth it because lots of people swear by it's effectiveness.
    That would make it just over .27 cents a day. (Smart ain't I?)

I just searched this product. Are you talking about the Caprobiotic? I'm coming up with a price of about $21.00 per 180 tablets online.

Last edited by Constant; 07-30-2005 at 06:53 AM.

Old 07-30-2005, 07:03 AM   #33
    Constant
    Inactive
    (female)

Constant HB User

Quote:
    Yes. I wasn't able to find the Yakult, however I found a product that is almost identical in ingredients.

I found my online however they are also available here in the states, at health food stores.

Last edited by Constant; 07-30-2005 at 07:09 AM.

Old 07-30-2005, 08:48 AM   #34
    eat_to_live
    (male)

eat_to_live HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Constant
    That would make it just over .27 cents a day. (Smart ain't I?)

I just searched this product. Are you talking about the Caprobiotic? I'm coming up with a price of about $21.00 per 180 tablets online.

You are smart, hehe.

No, I'm not talking about Caprobiotic. Primal Defense is made by Garden of Life. Here's a little more info about it:

"Primal Defense supplement is the only probiotic formula designed to optimize the digestive, bowel and immune systems with a unique whole food Homeostatic Soil Organism (HSO) blend. The HSOs in Primal Defense give you the powerful nutrients you would get if your food came from soil untouched by pesticides, herbicides and other widely used chemicals. To replenish the valuable nutrients our modern diet no longer provides, Primal Defense includes 14 species of hardy, non-dairy HSOs. For even greater efficacy, these HSOs are grown in a base of nutrient-rich Superfoods, providing more than 100 naturally occurring live enzymes, vitamins, minerals, amino acids, antioxidants, chlorophyllins and plant saponins.

Much more than a defense, the HSO blend in Primal Defense literally attacks the harmful pathogens in the intestines to eliminate populations of yeast, parasites and bad bacteria. Unlike other probiotics, the HSOs in Primal Defense supplements can thrive in the toughest digestive environments and are undeterred by temperature, stomach acid, chlorine, fluorine, ascorbic acid or bile.

Whether you suffer from severe digestive disorders or are in perfect health, let the powerful HSOs in Primal Defense take you to a new level of total health."

Here are all 14 strains in each caplet:

Lactobacillus Acidophilus
    Lactobacillus Bulgaricus
    Lactobacillus Plantarum
    Lactobacillus Brevis
    Lactobacillus Caucasicus
    Lactobacillus Fermenti
    Lactobacillus Helveticus
    Lactobacillus Leichmannii
    Lactobacillus Lactis
    Lactobacillus Caseii
    Bifidobacteria Bifidum
    Saccharomyces Boulardii
    Bacillus Subtilis
    Bacillus Lichenformis

There's lots of info and reviews all over the web. Check it out.

ETL

Old 07-30-2005, 09:36 AM   #35
    Constant
    Inactive
    (female)

Constant HB User

Ahhhhhhhhhh, thanks.

I'm not understanding what makes this product better then the other probiotics out there.

Any insight?

ETA: My probiotic has 4 billion live cells of a similar combination and primal defense only has 1 billion.

What's up with that?

Last edited by Constant; 07-30-2005 at 09:40 AM.

Old 07-30-2005, 06:07 PM   #36
    eat_to_live
    (male)

eat_to_live HB User

Hmm, these are the only aspects of Primal defense that I can see would make it better than other probiotics:

-It's the only probiotic that contains homeostatic soil organisms (HSOs)
    -The specially cultured probiotic strains are designed to be resistant to heat, cold, stomach acids, chlorine, fluorine and ascorbic acid

So, whatever it is, there's no denying that it's considered the number one probiotic...and it better work well for all the money it costs! Hehe.
    *It should be noted that the recommended dose of Primal Defense is 3 capsules a day...so that's 3 billion live cells a day...resulting in about $300 a year!

I was doing more research and I found another probiotic that boasts 16 different probiotic strains (Lactobacillus casei incluced), and offers 15 BILLION active cultures per vegetable cap guaranteed through the expiration date. It's called Dr. Burgstiner's Essential Flora. The recommended dose of Essential Flora is 1 capsule a day...so that's 15 billion live cells a day...resulting in only about $180 a year!
    *It is recommended that Essential Flora be refrigerated, while Primal Defense does not suggest refrigeration.

If anyone knows anything more about these probiotics or any others, please share!

Constant, what probiotic are you taking?

Old 07-30-2005, 11:56 PM   #37
    fuici
    (male)

fuici HB User

Hi, Erimusvalidus

I am very interested to start on your regime but i have one question. Can i start this regime when i am on accutane and if there is no problem then how am i going to fast for 36hrs if i am require to take accutane with food? Won't i have to miss one dose? Thanks......

Old 07-31-2005, 04:16 AM   #38
    primo1
    (male)

primo1 HB User

hi ErimusValidus, i just want to make sure so i want to ask you if it is still ok to drink my whey protein while on this regime?

and also, now you're on your 6th month, how often do you go to the bathroom to take... you know.

your reply would be appreciated... thanks.

Old 07-31-2005, 07:49 AM   #39
    xismybaby
    Veteran
    (female)

xismybaby HB User

I got the active Charcoal yesterday but I couldnt find the rest of the supplements. Do you think it would be beneficial if I just took the Charcoal?

Last edited by xismybaby; 07-31-2005 at 07:50 AM.

Old 07-31-2005, 08:27 AM   #40
    Constant
    Inactive
    (female)

Constant HB User

Quote:
    Hmm, these are the only aspects of Primal defense that I can see would make it better than other probiotics:

-It's the only probiotic that contains homeostatic soil organisms (HSOs)
    -The specially cultured probiotic strains are designed to be resistant to heat, cold, stomach acids, chlorine, fluorine and ascorbic acid

So, whatever it is, there's no denying that it's considered the number one probiotic...and it better work well for all the money it costs! Hehe.
    *It should be noted that the recommended dose of Primal Defense is 3 capsules a day...so that's 3 billion live cells a day...resulting in about $300 a year!

I was doing more research and I found another probiotic that boasts 16 different probiotic strains (Lactobacillus casei incluced), and offers 15 BILLION active cultures per vegetable cap guaranteed through the expiration date. It's called Dr. Burgstiner's Essential Flora. The recommended dose of Essential Flora is 1 capsule a day...so that's 15 billion live cells a day...resulting in only about $180 a year!
    *It is recommended that Essential Flora be refrigerated, while Primal Defense does not suggest refrigeration.

If anyone knows anything more about these probiotics or any others, please share!

Constant, what probiotic are you taking?
    Phion. I've got my clenze from Phion, my probiotic from Phion and I'm waiting on my paranil (parasite cleanser) from Dr. Natura. As soon as that comes I am starting my three day fast, drinking only water and water and fresh squeezed lemon juice then going righ to the cleanze, parasite cleanser and probiotics.

I'm going to look daggone good or die trying.

Old 07-31-2005, 12:56 PM   #41
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Constant
    Phion. I've got my clenze from Phion, my probiotic from Phion and I'm waiting on my paranil (parasite cleanser) from Dr. Natura. As soon as that comes I am starting my three day fast, drinking only water and water and fresh squeezed lemon juice then going righ to the cleanze, parasite cleanser and probiotics.

I'm going to look daggone good or die trying.

LOL. Best of luck!

Old 08-01-2005, 03:46 AM   #42
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Wow, so many posts added since I last checked in. Sorry to take a little while to reply but I had a monster weekend at Global Gathering - 16 hours pure dance nirvana Just had to boast about that! Anyway, I'll try to answer everyone's questions.

Hi, ohnoyoudidnt The capsules I take can be bought on UK high streets from stores like Holland & Barrett and GNC. I don't know about other countries but they are certainly not classed as pharmaceuticals - they are supplements so they should be easy to get hold of.

eat_to_live, good research on the probiotics I would agree that Primal Defense looks a bit overkill. All probiotics are able to survive the route down through the digestive system - that's the point! Don't believe any hype about "specially cultured" cells. And I agree, probiotics are not cheap. I would spend about 140 annually on Yakult 2.65 for a week's supply. But it's cheaper than drinking a can of Coke every day and much, much better for you!

Constant, according to their web site, each Yakult drink contains "hundreds of millions of Lactobacillus casei". I'm no expert, but I imagine the difference between 4 billion and 1 billion cells would not be noticeable in terms of tangible benefits. Good luck on your cleanse, by the way!

Hello, fuici, personally I don't see the harm in combining this regimen with accutane. I have take accutane in the past (with no permanent success ). As I recall, accutane is actually fat soluble. So rather than waste an expensive capsule, you might be wise to skip a dosage whilst you fast. But I wouldn't worry about that because accutane stays in your system for a few weeks so you won't suddenly break out. I hope that helps.

primo1, I don't really know anything about whey protein. I guess you're using it as a weight-lifting supplement. I would guess, however, that it wouldn't cause any problems since it is supposedly just another source of protein. And regarding my regularity , I use the bathroom (what an American phrase, eh!) at least once a day, sometimes twice and I never suffer from constipation.

xismybaby, the Psyllium Husks add bulk to your diet by expanding (50-fold I think ). You need that, really, because it ensures that the Activated Charcoal reaches the lining of the digestive system to gather up toxins.

By the way, SweetJade1, what is your opinion on all of this? I always value your insights. Thank you EV.

Last edited by ErimusValidus; 08-01-2005 at 04:12 AM.

Old 08-01-2005, 06:26 AM   #43
    xismybaby
    Veteran
    (female)

xismybaby HB User

Thanks ErimusValidus,

I will have to look harder to find that...Is it an Herb?

If I use both the Charcoal and the Psyllium husks will I still need to purchase the other ingredients, or do you think these two will do the trick?

I usually find supplements but I just couldnt find these

Old 08-01-2005, 07:48 AM   #44
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

You're very welcome, xismybaby Psyllium comes from the plant Fleawort (in this case, the husks obviously). And I think you will get some benefit from the it when used in conjuction with the Activated Charcoal. But a probiotic will go further to cleansing your system.

Old 08-01-2005, 08:08 AM   #45
    primo1
    (male)

primo1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ErimusValidus
    [B]Taken with lunch and dinner to aid digestion in the large intestine:

2 x Psyllium Husks 500mg [EDIT: Corrected spelling!]
    1 x Activated Charcoal 260mg

Taken daily to maintain a clean small intestine:

1 x Yakult (for Lactobacillus casei)
    wait im a little bit confused, so you mean take 2x psyllium husks 500mg and 1x activated charcoal 260mg for lunch and another one for dinner? so that makes it a total of 2000mg psyllium and 520mg activated charcoal? then only once a day of yakult? am i right? just wanted to make sure before i start tomorrow.

oh and thanks for the reply...

Closed Thread