It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-01-2005, 09:17 AM   #46
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

That's correct, primo1. I've edited my first post to make things clearer now! No worries about the earlier reply, by the way. I am happy to answer anyone's queries and aim to get back to you asap. I firmly believe that a key part to feeling positive about acne is having the support of others to help you get through it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2005, 05:55 PM   #47
    beautifulmind
    (female)

beautifulmind HB User

wow, it sounds interesting erimusvalidus.
    Where can I get these things?? Local pharmacy?

Old 08-02-2005, 03:14 AM   #48
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Hi, beautifulmind I live in the UK and I can buy the supplements from health stores on the high street and the Yakult probiotic from the supermarket. Unfortunately it looks like Yakult is not available in the US. However, if you look back at previous posts you will see that other people have found some possible alternatives.

Old 08-02-2005, 03:42 AM   #49
    primo1
    (male)

primo1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ErimusValidus
    That's correct, primo1. I've edited my first post to make things clearer now! No worries about the earlier reply, by the way. I am happy to answer anyone's queries and aim to get back to you asap. I firmly believe that a key part to feeling positive about acne is having the support of others to help you get through it
    thanks so much for your help! i really appreciated it!

Old 08-02-2005, 01:19 PM   #50
    fcuddle
    (female)

fcuddle HB User

I just wanted to add something regarding probiotics. I've been taking them for 2-3 years and to be honest..they did absolutely nothing for me until I started taking the kind that was made from human flora. I've tried primal defence and others alike and they did not work for me. So I started to do my research and found one that did work for me. It's called Ultra Flora Plus and it's from human origin. UFP is actualy only prescribed to physicians but if you google it there are some sites that sell it . Another one I've read a lot about(I haven't tried though) is HLC probiotic from rockewellnutrition. Both use HUMAN strains of friendly bacteria and to me, this is very important and this is why they work. I hope this helps.

Old 08-03-2005, 03:07 AM   #51
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Hello, fcuddle Thanks for your input. When you say that the non-human flora probiotics did nothing for you, what are you referring to? Did you take probiotics as a measure against toxin build-up to reduce the incidence of acne? And are you saying that your current probiotic, Ultra Flora Plus, has helped with your acne? I just want to know what success other people have experienced in this field. Thank you

Old 08-04-2005, 01:54 AM   #52
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User

ErimusValidus I'm nearly finished my month on Total Detox and I was wondering what you eat while your taking Activated Charcoal and Psyllium Husk Capsules. While doing the detox I have mostly eaten raw fruit(mostly apples) and vegetables. The Total Cleanse has done a great job, I expect my acne will take a little time to clear up, I am going to get some yakult after I have finished the detox.

Do you think I should take the activated charcoal and Psyllium Husk capsules when I have finished my detox, just to aid in digestion, they arn't expensive so i will consider getting some. Personally I dont want to fast as I have done it before and the effects are not good for me when I have to work.

Thanks for your information.

Old 08-04-2005, 03:07 AM   #53
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

littledaga, kudos to you for sticking to a strict diet. I empathise with you regarding this. I undertake regular exercise and, as such, I find it impossible to live without a moderate intake of carbohydrate, which is often attributed to the exacerbation of acne. Therefore, I think you should follow the same regimen as myself now, because I have found that it allows me to eat a relaxed diet. Although, it's not a licence to splurge all day, every day My theoery is, it basically keeps things clean and healthy inside, allowing you to enjoy the Western diet! Let me give you an example of a day's food intake for me to clarify what I mean by "Western diet":

Breakfast

Grapefruit
    or (rarely)
    Toast and jam

Lunch

Sandwiches with cheese, ham, chicken, etc. and salad
    or
    Selection of cous cous, wild rice, potato salad, bulgur wheat, pasta etc.

Snacks

Fresh fruit, nuts, dried fruit

Dinner

On a non-sandwich day, pizza and salad
    or
    Grilled or slow cooked meat (not fried) e.g. chicken, beef, pork etc. with potato (all forms), rice or pasta and lots of steamed green vegetables
    or
    Lasagne, moussaka, cottage pie, etc. (Standard stuff! But I always try to eat either salad or green vegetables with each evening meal).

And sometimes I also have a desert of pie or cake with cream/ice cream or trifle etc.

As you can see, I don't follow a very strict diet at all. Although, I try not to drink sugary drinks (only water or squash). I don't eat chocolate bars and crisps, and I do try to limit my carbohydrate intake (especially refined goods) where possible. I also exercise a policy of not eating after 20.00.

Old 08-04-2005, 04:27 AM   #54
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User

ErimusValidus I can usually last about 8 weeks on my raw diet, then I have to eat something in the form of carbohydrates, its usually a sandwhich (BLT). But I notice after eating carbs I'm craving for sugar, so I basically stick to my raw diet which consists of :-

Advocado, Tomatoes, Cucumber, Spring Onions, Mixed lettuce, Olive Oil, Carrots, Celery and I mostly eat about 2-3 apples a day. I do treat myself now and again with chicken which was my favorite food before I got acne, I also stay away from fizzy drinks, crisps, sweets etc.
    My acne has improved alot since I took on this diet, I got this diet from Wai's diet but that diet includes fish and nuts, which I did try for a month but broke out that bad from what I believe was iodine in the fish and nuts that I had to stop.
    I will after my detox and I go onto Activated charcoal and Psyllium husk take on a typical Western Diet and try not to Splurge :-P

once again I would like to thank everyone who has posted here.

Old 08-05-2005, 02:35 AM   #55
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

littledaga, I respect you immensely for sticking to such a strict diet. I was always lucky if I could last 8 days, let alone 8 weeks, on such a diet. I am sure your acne has improved a lot since adopting your diet. I remember the first time I really tried to be disciplined with what I ate - after three days of a near-Palaeolithic diet, my cystic acne turned off like a tap.

On the one hand I was amazed that there was something that could help me beat acne, but on the other hand I was gutted that it meant I had to eat like a cave man That is why my regimen has been such a revelation to me! And I firmly believe that there is a chance that it could help you relax your diet too. In fact, I believe that you won't see the full benefits of your strict diet until you cleanse your digestive system. You need to give it a fighting chance to keep the toxins in check!

Old 08-05-2005, 09:30 AM   #56
    Ngfan4lyfe
    (male)

Ngfan4lyfe HB User

I can't go through all the pages. Where do you get the pills at, and is there another way of cleansing the system?? Let me know, thanks...

You must be greek too, because of what you said you ate... I don't eat it, but I'm half greek.

Last edited by Ngfan4lyfe; 08-05-2005 at 09:32 AM.

Old 08-05-2005, 06:56 PM   #57
    midnightdoom1
    (male)

midnightdoom1 HB User

Hi, came back.. Have yet to find any of the products in my area.. Might have to look online (if anybody has found a site that will ship to Canada before I do, let me know).

I did come with some info.. and the article is pretty long so I wont paste it. but the link is here, it goes more in depth with this explaining what the products do. And instead of Active Charcoal is says to use BENTONITE, which has the same discrition. The husks is in there and goes into some detail and it talks about Probiotics, two products they list are "Flora Source™/iFlora Probiotics" and "iFLORA COMPLETE YEAST/CANDIDA
    CONTROL FORMULA" which both contain Lactobacillus casei. Hope that helps in the search to finding these products in North America, we seem to be having hard time finding them

Old 08-05-2005, 07:40 PM   #58
    midnightdoom1
    (male)

midnightdoom1 HB User

Upon further search, I believe I may have found a source for Psyllium (seed) Husk, which the site I was at suggested since it is suppose to clean the walls better. Also I have found Activated Charcoal. Both are the same mg as in the original post on the first page. And it appears both products are available at GNC.

The only thing different, is the website I got info from suggested liquid Activated Charcoal (except they used Bentonite as a substitute) reason for it is it is suppose to travel faster and further. Does that sound correct ErimusValidus

But considering others are having success with the pill form, dont matter to me, as long as there are effects.

The Psyllium Seed Husk only goes for about $5.50 and the Activated Charcoal is about $9, both GNC brand.

I am still in search of a source of Lactobacillus casei though

Old 08-06-2005, 08:29 AM   #59
    pr0ps

pr0ps HB User

hi ErimusValidus,

i have oily skin so im wondering if this regimen can cure oily skin as well. and do you have dry, oily, or normal skin before starting this regimen and how is it now? thanks.

Last edited by pr0ps; 08-06-2005 at 08:33 AM.

Old 08-06-2005, 02:57 PM   #60
    renee111
    (female)

renee111 HB User

Hi Erimus Validus,
    Can I ask you-my fast should be complete in a few hrs (I've completed the 36 with double your dose on page 1 as recommended) and was wondering when I should expect all of this "cleansing" to begin since nothing seems to be happening just yet. Will this occur once I start eating again as normal? Thanks I'm a little unsure of how this all works and am hesitant to begin eating since I haven't begun "cleansing" as of yet.
    Thanks for all of your help!

Closed Thread