It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-12-2005, 07:35 AM   #106
    Constant
    Inactive
    (female)

Constant HB User
    Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SweetJade1
    Wow, well I certainly hope you are feeling even better today. As for the Vitamin C Flush, if you want to do this flush, you would consume to the point of tissue saturation, which will be noted by us as a watery diarrhea. This is actually noted as a side effect when people consume too much Vitamin C (at once). So by inducing diarrhea, you are helping to cleanse out your system, boost your immune system, etc. This is a flush that you would do once a week for 1 - 2 months as a form of detoxification.

What I'm confused about is whether we should use (L-)Ascorbic Acid Powder (this is acidifying and can eventually mess with our teeth) or Capsules or whether we should use Buffered Vitamin C (mineral ascorbates) Powder. I'm trying to look this up right now because Buffered Vitamin C is safe for our Teeth but supposedly won't be as effective as unbuffered (unbound) vitamin C for detoxifying. When I find out, I'll let you know.

Please take care
    That is where my confusion lays and quite frankly good skin without teeth is well not my goal.. . I did some searches on it yesterday but proceeded to get myself confused (once again ) so I think I'll leave that part up to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2005, 07:56 AM   #107
    serafine
    (female)

serafine HB User

Anonymous ~ but I haven't "gone" yet since I started the cleansing! I feel my bowels moving around and what not, but nothing's happening. It's also "that time of the month". Does that have anything to do with it? It just started yesterday.

Old 08-12-2005, 09:48 AM   #108
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by serafine
    Anonymous ~ but I haven't "gone" yet since I started the cleansing! I feel my bowels moving around and what not, but nothing's happening.
    it was exactly like mine! for the first few days i didn't notice any difference on my bowel movements. now im on my 2nd week, i noticed that it's starting to change. i went to the bathroom to have a "go" yesterday and today which is new to me. lol! i wouldn't worry too much if i were you.

Old 08-12-2005, 10:06 AM   #109
    serafine
    (female)

serafine HB User
    Unhappy Re: Digestive System Cleanse to Eliminate Acne

Anonymous ~ but the way EV kept going on about it... I thought after the initial 36 hour fast and cleansing, my bowels would explode. But I'm more constipated than ever! Now I have cramps from THAT and my menstrual cycle.

Old 08-12-2005, 12:28 PM   #110
    Constant
    Inactive
    (female)

Constant HB User

Quote:
    Anonymous ~ but the way EV kept going on about it... I thought after the initial 36 hour fast and cleansing, my bowels would explode. But I'm more constipated than ever! Now I have cramps from THAT and my menstrual cycle.
    Drink more water...lots and lots of water.

(easy for me to say, I puked and exploded for 24 hours)

Old 08-12-2005, 01:38 PM   #111
    soupyhead
    (male)

soupyhead HB User

yea i was really constipated after the 24 hour fast and cleanse, which always leads to breakouts (constipation) but i'm good now, hopefully it will start to clear up my mildish acne now

Old 08-12-2005, 04:26 PM   #112
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Firstly, please let me say sorry to everyone who's suffering on here. I really didn't intend to harm any of you. It has always been my intention to simply relay the success I have experienced in the hope that others could follow. I myself have not been ill due to my regimen. In general I feel healthier than ever. I really hope that this sickness is temporary for you all and will lead to a healthier digestive system and a reduction in acne.

Hi omega47 I take the capsules together, generally straight after lunch and dinner.

SweetJade1, thank you for such a comprehensive response I agree when you say that people consider acne to be an illness per se, and that this is na´ve of them. Even more frustrating, some health professionals view and treat acne as a standalone problem.

Case in point: at my first appointment with my GP regarding acne he prescribed Benzoyl Peroxide (10% ). Not only did this ruin my face (and my clothes and bed linen), but it achieved the undesired effect of worsening my acne by drying out the skin and promoting higher oil production. I was a hapless teenager desperate to rid myself of this horrible affliction. I trusted the doctor's judgement, but he was so, so wrong I would never recommend BP to anyone, let alone at that concentration.

Okay, so I went off at a bit of a tangent there. But my point is, the treatment of acne is all too often concerned with the visual improvement of active lesions. What good is that?! According to 99% of the products on the market, acne is a topical problem - occurring at the surface of the skin. That viewpoint is so narrowminded it beggars belief. Products like Clearasil puport the age old myth that acne is caused by poor hygiene. As you said in your earlier post, the belief that the reduction in p. acnes will reduce breakouts is laughable.

As you say, acne is an inflammatory skin condition. That's why yourself and others (myself included) have experienced such success with diets low in inflammatory foods (i.e. simple carbohydrates). However, I used to believe that diet was the only option to enable me to be in full control of my acne: the less sugar I ate, the less likely I was to break out. But now I realise that my body was only temporarily hypersensitive to inflammatory foods. I have now redressed the balance and am happily in a situation where it is safe, with regards to the condition of my skin, to consume sugary foods again.

My general theory on acne is that is a symptom of the Western diet that our bodies haven't yet evolved to deal with. The fact that it affects some people more than others is a fact of life, just as somebody who's never smoked a cigarette in their life can contract lung cancer whilst a human chimney can avoid it. If acne isn't linked to diet, then what else explains its continual, uncharted rise? I've said it before, I'll say it again: the old adage "You are what you eat" is so true. I don't believe in genetic acne. That's as daft as an overweight person blaming their genes. Just as the overweight individual can get some exercise, the person with acne can find a cure that works for them.

soupyhead, I'm sorry I didn't get to reply to your earlier post about your concerns with your bowel movements. Your concern seems to be a recurring theme with other members. Perhaps I have confused the issue. I'm not saying that my regimen will act as an aid to increased bowel movements in the initial stage, but rather it will aid the expulsion of old putrefied matter. And in turn, this may increase your regularity (as well as ensure a cleaner colon). Anyway, I am glad you are back to normal now and I really do hope you start to see signs of improvement in your skin. As you say, constipation and the general build up of rubbish cannot be good for your skin and hopefully your insides are cleaner now.

Constant, I know you weren't following my regimen, but I still feel really bad that you've suffered in pursuit of digestive cleansing I wish I could make it up to you. I hope SweetJade1's advice has been useful to you - she's a lot less amatuerish than myself I feel awful even though you seem to be putting on a brave face (you seem very happy-go-lucky!). I'm sorry, I really am.

Hello serafine Firstly, I don't want to tell you how to suck eggs, but I firmly believe less is more when it comes to topical solutions for acne. If it feels like your regimen is complicated and over the top then it probably isn't helping your acne. Anyway, judging from your diet (which I would class as a typical Western diet) I would say that you could experience success like mine. But obviously you've been experiencing constipation like soupyhead and I am very sorry to hear that you are ill, especially at this time in your cycle Man do I feel bad now. It probably won't offer much comfort but I imagine that the nausea is caused by the absorption of toxins. When you do have a bowel movement it should subside and then you ought to feel a lot better.

Hi marshabrady333 I'm sorry that you too have been ill. I'm beginning to think I should have kept my mouth shut - I just wanted to help people Like I just said, you were probably ill because your digestive system was in the process of expelling a backlog of toxins. Once that initial cleanse is over you will feel a lot better. Please don't hate me!

Anonym0us, thank goodness - a minor success story. Are you saying that you've become more regular on my regimen? And as far as the appearance and consistency of your stool goes, that's normal. It will stop looking so bad (once the build up of waste has all gone) but it will be more solid (and darker) from now on if you carry on taking the supplements.

Old 08-12-2005, 04:32 PM   #113
    Constant
    Inactive
    (female)

Constant HB User

Are you kidding?

I had a bad reaction to the digestive cleanse however I am taking advantage of the parasite cleanser and probiotics and that is a GREAT thing.

I am very grateful for you and this thread. I learned so much from you and it inspired me to really learn more about cleaning our bodies

(okay maybe I did cuss you out a few times the other night but I had to blame somebody )

Old 08-12-2005, 11:11 PM   #114
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ErimusValidus
    Anonym0us, thank goodness - a minor success story. Are you saying that you've become more regular on my regimen? And as far as the appearance and consistency of your stool goes, that's normal. It will stop looking so bad (once the build up of waste has all gone) but it will be more solid (and darker) from now on if you carry on taking the supplements.
    yup! im more regular! in fact, i just came from the bathroom to have another "go." that's 3 days in a row! which is very new to me! no new breakouts neither!

as for the stomach pains, ill, etc. honestly, i didn't feel any. im not saying im better than you guys but i think you should've start taking the pills at the smaller dosage. meaning, if ev's regimen is to take 2x PH and 1x AC twice a day i think you should've only took 1x PH and 1x AC ONCE a day then increase the dosage maybe a week later for your body to get used to it SLOWLY. what i did is i took 2x PH and 1x AC only once a day for the first three days and gradually increased to the required dosage by this regimen. now im on my 2nd week, i didn't feel any negative effects.

(you can skip this paragraph lol!) not to sound gross or anything but what i have experienced so far is my f*rt smelled horrible than ever! i mean it smells horrible even without eating any food! lol! i know that this is a good thing because IMO and from what i have read, this is a sign that it releases toxins that's why it smells horrible. and my stool is more solid and bigger (lol!) and it's like more of a reptile's skin/more scaly.

goodluck to everyone!

Last edited by Anonym0us; 08-14-2005 at 06:52 AM.

Old 08-13-2005, 05:56 AM   #115
    serafine
    (female)

serafine HB User

EV an Anonymous ~ I finally did go!!! Guess it just took some time since I've been soooo backed up for a while and I haven't done something like this before. I will continue the regimen and see if it clears up my complexion and makes me more regular. My stomach also looks a little flatter... not as bloated!! I feel alot better now!! And yes, my "Western Diet" is on its way out the door. I may indulge here and there, but not the usual 3 slices of pizza. ONE small slice plus a salad. Not a whole hamburger, but HALF. Not 3 slices of French toast, but ONE plus fruit. I can't quit it cold turkey just yet! But I will make adjustments and not eat any of it as much either. I'll keep you posted as I continue.

Old 08-13-2005, 06:14 PM   #116
    midnightdoom1
    (male)

midnightdoom1 HB User

EV, I agree with Constant, this topic has proven to be very informative to me.. I am just glad i fell apon it. Everything thats been brought up makes so much more sence to me (with regards to the Western Diet). When I first got ance at 12/13 (now 19 soon 20) I believed that is was just a condision/phase and it would go away.. The doctor gave me BP too, that didn't help, then i got this antibactial pill, I forget the name though. That didn't help, then he was going to put me on Accutane, but my mom didnt like the side effects. So, all these years I have been jumping back to oxy, clearasil, proactiv, you name it. My grandparents didn't understand why I got it so bad, neither of my parents had it at all, infact my mom didn't get it until she was 40 when she quit smoking.

All in all, this topic has gave me so much insite and makes so much sence to me as to why I have had it all this time.

But onto the now. I have got all my products my Activated charcoal is 280MG instead of 260.. but oh well.. and i got my Biok+ (wow this turned out too be not cheap.. close to 80$ or so canadian for PH AC and my LC).

So i am starting it in the morning.. And i have read everybodys results so far, and i am beginning to wonder if i should cut my dousage in half too for a week or so to adapt. But besides that. For your fasting, did you take them rite when you got up before you head out for the day, or wait until lunch?

Also, my PH tells me to take 3 at a time, should i follow that or stick with 2.. and my LC which is BioK+ tells me to start with quarter a bottle (and they are small 98G/3.5 oz) and make my way to half a day.. should i just follow that?

Last edited by midnightdoom1; 08-13-2005 at 06:32 PM.

Old 08-14-2005, 01:08 AM   #117
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User

Ok, On Friday I received my Holland & Barret Products, so from saturday morning to sunday morning I fasted, and I'm glad I didn't suffer any of the side effects i have read about in this thread, but I think that my toxic buildup isn't as bad, I have been regular in my bowel movements for a few months now and nothing has changed in that department. I took 4 x Psyllium Husk and 2 x Activated charcoal yesterday, My acne is only mild after doing the Total Cleanse, which cleaned me out and its now a few days after finishing the cleanse and my skin just keeps getting better, so I think with the 2 supplements I'm now taking it should clean out anything the Total Cleanse missed. Also ErimusValidus I'm drinking 1 Yakult (Light) a day, is the Light version ok?
    I will carry on with the Charcoal and Psyllium and give a up-date in a week or so.

Old 08-14-2005, 03:16 AM   #118
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Guys, can I please stress that this is a gradual process of improvement. I very much doubt anyone's acne will turn off like a tap overnight and I don't want to get everybody's hopes up. But once you embark on a regimen of digestive cleansing, I believe you will see improvements in your skin and it will contine over the coming months. I myself am 100% clear now and confident to eat what I like without worrying about the effects. But it does take time so please have faith and be patient. In the quantities you buy these supplements, you might as well stay the course. Thank you

Constant, I am glad I have been able to enlighten you to a new avenue to tackling acne. Hopefully you will see improvements in your skin in due course

Anonym0us, perhaps you're right about the dosage, and I'm glad you haven't suffered any ill effects And you're probably right about your bodily functions - it's a good sign

serafine, I'm happy to hear that you're on track. And I am also glad that you are willing to make a change in your diet - that will complement the regimen and aid your skin.

midnightdoom1, like you I also had antibiotics after the BP, and I wish I hadn't because after the initial improvement, my acne came back a lot worse with a vengeance I don't know why doctors prescribe antibiotics for acne. I wish they would acknowledge that diet is a bigger factor than bacteria. Anyway, I have also taken accutane, and whilst it helped me for a few months, my acne soon came back (not as bad though and my ultra-painful backne never came back ). Also, the side-effects were terrible: my ear lobes almost fell off, the corners of my mouth were cut, my hair was brittle and dry and has never returned to normal, my back ached... it's not worth it, believe me. By the wat, do you think your mum started getting acne when she quit smoking because she was eating more (the classic trap)?

Regarding the Activated Charcoal, I wouldn't worry about the dosage difference. And I know this stuff is not cheap but hopefully it will seem like the best $80 you've ever spent in a few months time As I said to Anonym0us, maybe you might consider lowering the dosage. It's up to you. And you should just make sure that you spread it out over the fasting period. Take one dose and allow it to absorb plenty of toxins before taking the next dose at least eight hours later. And if the Psyllium Husks are 500mg like mine then stick to two at a time. Mine actually direct me to take 2 capsules three times a day but I only have four in total. It will save you money! With respect to the BioK+, I would follow their instructions. I hope all that helps!

littledaga, I'm glad to hear that you're already experiencing success with your skin, and I hope that it continues I have never tried the light (blue packet instead of red?) version of Yakult. Am I right in thinking it has less sugar? I doubt it will make any difference. I look forward to your update!

Old 08-14-2005, 06:55 AM   #119
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

Quote:
    EV an Anonymous ~ I finally did go!!! Guess it just took some time since I've been soooo backed up for a while and I haven't done something like this before. I will continue the regimen and see if it clears up my complexion and makes me more regular. My stomach also looks a little flatter... not as bloated!! I feel alot better now!! And yes, my "Western Diet" is on its way out the door. I may indulge here and there, but not the usual 3 slices of pizza. ONE small slice plus a salad. Not a whole hamburger, but HALF. Not 3 slices of French toast, but ONE plus fruit. I can't quit it cold turkey just yet! But I will make adjustments and not eat any of it as much either. I'll keep you posted as I continue.
    that's nice to hear! i hope it continues.

update- make that 4 days in a row.

Old 08-14-2005, 02:30 PM   #120
    soupyhead
    (male)

soupyhead HB User

i think i may have to stop this as it seems to just be making me constipated.. i've only gone twice in the last week. I thought it was supposed to do the opposite? maybe its just cleaning me out so its getting blocked up? i've been breaking out on my forehead because i always do when i get constipated.. not sure how much longer i can wait to see if it stops

Closed Thread