It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• My acne story for all ya'll to read

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-22-2005, 07:36 PM   #1
    ~charlotte08~
    (female)

~charlotte08~ HB User
    Unhappy My acne story for all ya'll to read

My name is Charlotte and I'm fourteen years old. I have been suffering from acne since age 9. Its been a rough journey. My acne has gotten worse. I have SEVERE acne. I'm suffering so much. I can't stand the way some people look at me. Its like I'm from outer space or something. It hurts so much to see the models in magazines or even a person in public with a clear face. I REALLY want a clear face. My life has been miserable. Usually, the relationships I get into are long distance. I'm going to start highschool and I don't know how I will be treated. In middle school, I was teased. I remember one day when some girls said that guys would be afraid of me and they'd think of me as a monster. I was really hurt. I remember crying every day. I mean I even had teachers telling me that I should go to a derm! I ask God to please help me out. I mean, he sees me crying from heaven and he knows what I go through. Am I being punished for somthing I did? Man, living with severe acne is really hard. Looking at people is hard to do. I feel like everyone is a judger. I hide my face from people. I've tried lots of things. Proactive, Clindamycin, Brevoxyl, Neutrogena, Clearasil, Tetracycline ( it worked, but I had to stop using it because it was doing damage to my stomach ), etc. Today, I found out that I have to wait a few months to start accutane. I can't wait that long. I've waited years for a treatment to heal my acne. I don't wanna wait anymore! You should see my face. I have tons of marks and pimples. My pimples hurt. I don't wanna suffer anymore. Looking in the mirror is something hard for me to do. My self-esteem is low. I do get a lot of guys, but I try to cover up my acne by leaving my hair lose, having bangs, wearing makeup and stylish clothes. The good thing about having acne is that there is someone that will love you for who you are. BUT I still want a clear face. I want to be more free and go out more. Gosh, life is so hard. People can be really cruel. If only they could be the ones with the pimples. Hopefully, our lives will get better and all of us with acne will have a clear face someday.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2005, 08:12 PM   #2
    JanetinHouston

JanetinHouston HB User
    Re: My acne story for all ya'll to read

Charlotte, Why do you have to wait until you start the accutane?

If you do have to wait, one thing that might help is a wash called Salac. You can order it through the pharmacy...takes a day or two to get it. Really will help.

Is the acne just on your face?

Old 07-22-2005, 08:23 PM   #3
    realsad
    (female)

realsad HB User

charlotte, reading your post really touched me, it is not fair that you have to go through this, and you are right, people can be extremely cruel, especially in while your going through middle school. i want you to know i don't think God is punishing you, but i do know how you feel, every hard time we endure makes us stronger, better people, we care about others feelings and will not go around saying the mean things others have said to us. i know its very hard to be patient while dealing with this. i have found coming here to the boards really helps me alot. there are alot of great people here for you, even though its hard to imagine right now, you will get through this, and we will be here for you every step of the way, take care

Old 07-22-2005, 08:27 PM   #4
    ~charlotte08~
    (female)

~charlotte08~ HB User

Thanks I have to wait for accutane because I have to get an appointment with the gyn. doctor first (that takes a while). I feel so good to know that I'm not alone. Blessings

Last edited by ~charlotte08~; 07-22-2005 at 08:28 PM.

Old 07-22-2005, 09:05 PM   #5
    Cassie4u22
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

Hi Charlotte,

Your story was very touching. I know that it's so difficult suffering from severe acne. I am 20 yrs. old now, but when I was around 15 I started getting severe cystic acne and I know exactly how you feel. I would sit in my room and just cry and cry and cry. I once looked in the mirror at myself in my house and literally fell into a heap on the floor and could not stop crying, I was so very depressed. I too thought that God was punishing me. I always thought, "WHY ME?! I'm a good person! I have a good heart! Why do I have to look like this?!"

Well, when I was 17 I went on Accutane. It cleared me up 100%! It is such a miracle. I went from having cystic acne covering my face, to completely clear, smooth, beautiful skin! I didn't even have to wear makeup. To this day, I now have just very mild acne with the occassional flare up, but boy, it's NOTHING compared to what I used to be. Accutane is a wonderful thing for so many people. I know you have to wait a couple months for it, but honey, it will be worth the wait! You have come this far...you can tough it out a couple more months!

Please, please, PLEASE know that there is hope for you!! If there can be hope for me, I know there can be hope for you also! You are NOT alone in this. This message board is wonderful for sharing your emotions and getting help while dealing with acne, and I encourage you to come back often whenever you need support, b/c everyone here is soo supportive and sweet. No one will judge you here, that's for sure! I only wish I had known about a message board like this when I was your age, because it would have helped a lot.

Also know that God is NOT punishing you! Many of the things we see as "punishment" are really blessings in disguise. Usually we do not realize or see the blessing right away, sometimes it takes years to realize, or sometimes it won't be found out until the life after this. But just know, that everything that happens to us happens for a REASON, and that reason is only meant to better our spirit in one way or another. It may not make sense at the moment, but someday it all will come into place for all of us!

Chin up girl, you're gonna get through this!

God Bless,
    -Cassie-

Old 07-22-2005, 09:21 PM   #6
    llouis
    (male)

llouis HB User

Hi Charlotte,

you are certainly not alone. Many people suffered from acne too. I remember when I was in high school, the first thing people will say to me is "you got a lot of pimples..." or "your face...". I know just exactly how you feel. And In my case, I was even worse. Those two opening conversation is almost like a compousory question for people to say when they met me. That's How I feel, DYING!! People were commenting my face everytime they talked to me or vice versa. How hurtful it can be.

But, my skin is better now after going thru derm. I never heard of accutane from my doc until I joined this board. So, now at least I know I still got some other hope.

I'm sure God is not punishing us. I'm sure HE isn't. Cheers

Old 07-22-2005, 09:30 PM   #7
    ~charlotte08~
    (female)

~charlotte08~ HB User

thanks yall. yall real supportive

Old 07-22-2005, 10:33 PM   #8
    getting_through
    Inactive
    (female)

getting_through HB User

To Charlotte,
    Your story really did touched me. Rite now I'm 14 about to turn 15 next month. I've had acne since I was 12. It totally torn me apart and lower my self-eestem 100%.
    I know what your going through I've been in the same situtation and I've done the samethings you have(now that I am in High school). And still is.
    I've tried all the products you have tried: Proactiv didn't work for me, eitheir did Retin-A or clearasil. Neutrogena was some help: the Oil-free acne cream cleasner and the Clear pore cleasner/mask . I thought wat's the use, will I ever have clear skin like the rest of those girls? Sometimes I become so envious of them and everything they have- I learned that envy isn't a good thing. My Mom has been there for me and my problem . I have to say that coming to these boards with ppl that have the same problem has me really has help me.

I want you to know that God isn't punishing you at all. Like Cassie said. Because where God is nobody judges you from what you look on the outside. :-). Even though people might think were ugly because we have this skin disorder, God still thinks your beautiful. When someone told me that.. it made me cry. To know that someone loves me truly.
    And to let you know I'm here for ya! If you need anything.

Joyce

Last edited by getting_through; 07-22-2005 at 10:35 PM.

Old 07-23-2005, 07:13 AM   #9
    bahamagirl
    (female)

bahamagirl HB User

Hi Charlotte,
    Ur post made me get a lump in my throat! I know alot of people dont understand....and u feel like ur completely alone! But dont worry...there are millions of people that feel like u, ur not alone AT ALL.
    Ive felt just like u before..my acne wasnt that bad in school coz i used strong medications from the docotor..but i moved to the bahamas when i was 16 and its got alot worse here.
    Im just like u...sometimes i HATE people with clear skin..and do nothing but stare at peoples skin when they walk past!
    The good thing is...ur only young (im 19 and i still get acne so dont worry bout it) and it WILL go...and maybe u do have to wait afew months but just remember that its going to be ok.
    Always remember that it COULD be worse...acne WILL go way..some people have things alot worse. Thats what i try to think every time i break out really badly and feel those tears coming when i look in the mirror...it could be worse!!!!

Old 07-23-2005, 11:49 AM   #10
    babygirl2005_21
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

Charlotte, acne is a very terrible thing. I am fairly new to it I didn't develop it till I was 20. I am now 21. I feel lucky sometimes because I had clear skin in high school and middle school. I have a cousin who is just like you she is 14 and about to start high school. Her face over the past couple years has become worse and worse. My acne is mild but her's is a little more severe. I have watched her and her whole personality has changed. She used to be happy and outgoing now she hides behind crowds and won't look anyone in the eye. Her older brother had terrible acne but he was always happy and made good grades, flirted with girls all the time! He never let it bother him and his was BAD. He got on accutane and now his face looks wonderful! God is not punishing us but that thought has crossed my mind. It will go away and I'll pray for you! Don't let other people's rude comments bother you. Focus on your school work and make sure you are making things right for your future! Also, something that put me in perspective was getting on the death and dying message boards or the cancer boards. Read those and you will see what really matters in life.

Closed Thread