It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• certain lighting and forehead acne

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-11-2005, 05:58 PM   #1
    realsad
    (female)

realsad HB User
    certain lighting and forehead acne

ok i have acne on my forehead, sometimes pretty large bumps, when i am at home inside its not too noticable, but outside i see myself in a car window er sumthing and it looks like i am growing horns or something. even kinda small ones look huge outside, and also in fluorescent lightnig, they just look like mountains i hate it, i don't have bangs and makeup doesn't help, i have also used hydrocortisone cream to get the swelling down and ice but it doesn't help because they really aren't that swollen to begin with- they just look it. i am considering cutting bangs again, but i know if my forehead ever clears i will be mad at myself then my hair takes forever to grow.....i am not sure what i am looking for here, does anyone else have this issue?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2005, 06:16 PM   #2
    Buddha
    (male)

Buddha HB User
    Re: certain lighting and forehead acne

This happends too me I looks alright at home but when i see myself in a car mirror i looks horrible :-(

Old 08-11-2005, 07:12 PM   #3
    Constant
    Inactive
    (female)

Constant HB User

Firstly, using hydrocortisone cream on these "bumps" is not a good idea. You are going to badly damage your skin and it will be irreversible.

Bangs could very well exacerbate your acne condition because of the oils and shampoo/conditioning/styling products on your hair.

If you are wearing a hat, don't. Look at the hair care products you are using and see if they may be causing the problem. For instance, products that add shine to your hair can create havoc on your skin. It clogs pores etc. Also many conditioners or moisturizing shampoos can cause breakouts.

I hate you are going through this but I hate even more the prospect of you making it worse.

Old 08-11-2005, 07:26 PM   #4
    realsad
    (female)

realsad HB User

hi, thankyou for the replies unfortunately its probably nothing i am doing, but i will stop using the HC cream, i didn't know it was bad to do.....if it was something i was using atleast i could stop using it and maybe fix the problem, but i don't wear hats, and i use no hair products at all except for shampoo and i use loreal kids shampoo its very gentle. i am just one of those lucky people who gets acne on their forehead , i have seen alot of people who have acne but don't get it on their forehead, in a sense they are lucky i hate it, its the most noticable place to have it.....

Last edited by realsad; 08-11-2005 at 07:29 PM.

Old 08-11-2005, 07:52 PM   #5
    Rawraws
    (male)

Rawraws HB User

Car mirrors make acne look much worse than it is. Especially looking at your reflection in a car window. I try to just not look anymore because I know it's going to make me depressed and self conscious. I'm convinced it's just a nasty effect caused by lighting and shadows. At least that's what I tell myself so I can sleep at night.

Old 08-11-2005, 08:45 PM   #6
    DiscoDan
    (male)

DiscoDan HB User

Omg I swear car mirrors must be made by the devil.. There is nothing more depressing than looking at yourself in a car mirror. Omg just thinking about it wants to make me cry... I too tell myself that it doesn't always look like that.. it helps, a lil..

Old 08-12-2005, 06:38 AM   #7
    superchick_4u
    (female)

superchick_4u HB User

Acne on the forhead is not nearly as noticable as acne all over your cheeks, trust me I barely ever notice people who have zits on their forehead, but if it's on their cheeks then I REALLY notice it. I have very mild acne, actually I wouldn't even call it acne, I just have zits on my forehead and some on my cheeks, but nothing too bad. Anyway I started taking Diane 35 a month ago (it takes about 3-4 months to see results) because nothing else worked I tryed using acne creams, NOPE didn't work FOR ME but It might for you. So my point is if the creams don't work then It is probably hormone related acne. So good luck, and keep me posted.

Old 08-12-2005, 08:16 AM   #8
    babygirl2005_21
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

Ugh! Acne on the forehead is the most noticeable! I totally agree with you. I used to get it pretty bad. It made me sooo self conscious! They say that if you have hormonal acne that it all tends to be located on the lower parts of your face right? Well when I got off the pill my forehead looked terrible! As well as my chin and jawline but my forehead looked the worst! Then when I got on Yasmin it all went away! So I think sometimes acne on the forehead can be hormonal as well no matter what all the experts say.

Closed Thread