It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Food: Dos and Don'ts

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-12-2005, 05:35 PM   #1
    DiscoDan
    (male)

DiscoDan HB User
    Food: Dos and Don'ts

I have a question in reguards of diet. I've heard a lot that what you eat has nothing to do with acne, but I somehow doubt that. A lot of people here seem to have positive/negative results from different foods. So I was wondering, what foods are safe to eat and which ones to steer clear of? Here's some I'm particuarily curious about:

Milk
    Cheese
    Nuts
    Salt and Vinegar Pringles (lol I can't stop eating those...)

any of those safe to eat? or should I ban them from my diet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-12-2005, 05:37 PM   #2
    Constant
    Inactive
    (female)

Constant HB User
    Re: Food: Dos and Don'ts

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DiscoDan
    I have a question in reguards of diet. I've heard a lot that what you eat has nothing to do with acne, but I somehow doubt that. A lot of people here seem to have positive/negative results from different foods. So I was wondering, what foods are safe to eat and which ones to steer clear of? Here's some I'm particuarily curious about:

Milk
    Cheese
    Nuts
    Salt and Vinegar Pringles (lol I can't stop eating those...)

any of those safe to eat? or should I ban them from my diet?
    No milk No cheese

Pringles? heh heh heh

Old 08-12-2005, 08:47 PM   #3
    goldenseal
    (female)

goldenseal HB User

well it really depends on your body. Generally, dairy is known to produce outbreaks. Pringles are full of oil and saturated fats... so yes, they could DEFINATELY encourage and contribute to your acne. Nuts are healthy... however, almonds have been known to cause acne. Also, roasted nuts could contribute to your acne due to the fatty oils and saturated fats. Try organic, raw nuts... some organic brands use good oils w/o saturated fats too...

Old 08-13-2005, 07:42 AM   #4
    jashikcrib
    (male)

jashikcrib HB User

I break out almost immediately when I eat either chocolate or deep fried foods

Old 08-13-2005, 04:47 PM   #5
    stasia12
    Veteran

stasia12 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by goldenseal
    well it really depends on your body. Generally, dairy is known to produce outbreaks. Pringles are full of oil and saturated fats... so yes, they could DEFINATELY encourage and contribute to your acne. Nuts are healthy... however, almonds have been known to cause acne. Also, roasted nuts could contribute to your acne due to the fatty oils and saturated fats. Try organic, raw nuts... some organic brands use good oils w/o saturated fats too...
    if you get nuts that arre dry roasted, without any additional oil they are still healthy. the best ones to eat are brazil , cashews, walnuts and almonds. obv, if you have any kind of nut allergy,its not the best idea.

some people may have trouble breaking down all the fats or sugars from over dairy usage, which is why it may aggravate acne, aslo the extra hormones in mlik can make it tougher for women with hormonal acne.

i am a potato chip lover as well, so i understand, honestly, i cant say i have seen a real difference in eating potato chips versus other snack foods. but you have some blood sugar issues, eating lots of potato wont help,.

i think some food things work and others dont,. you have to find what works for you. not everything will work for everyone, honestly sometimes i question the correlation between food and acne at all. but you should def try cutting some stuff out and see how it effects your skin, esp a few huge culpurits like:
    gluten, wheat, dairy , nuts and sugar.

Old 08-13-2005, 11:58 PM   #6
    Buddha
    (male)

Buddha HB User

Would rice cause acne because im asian and my diet consist of rice mostly and i have relli bad acne

Old 08-14-2005, 01:52 AM   #7
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User

I have experimented with different foods and I found that I was allergic to nuts and fish, also I did a little research and found that bread and rice turn to sugar in the stomach, so when I avoided processed wheat products and rice I had less acne. For the last 2 years I had been avoiding alot of different foods, To Be honest if your prepared to cut out certain foods, then you should be ok with cleansing your bowel, which is what I have done and my acne has reduced and I can eat the odd bag of potatoe chips.

Closed Thread