It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• I HATE DERMS!!! & Azelex

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-15-2005, 08:22 PM   #1
    TKK3
    (female)

TKK3 HB User
    I HATE DERMS!!! & Azelex

I hate the new derm I have after getting insurance. He sucks! He spent exactly 5 minutes talking TO me before making recommendations. He didn't even hear me when I told him that no Peroxide products work for me. That was one of his recommended therapies, Benzyl Peroxide wash!!! Also, I told him DUAC never worked for me and he recommended it anyway! What an ***! I will never go back to him! I have sworn off derms for a while! They have never worked for me or listened to me!

Anyway, I just was wondering if anyone has used Azelex because I was going to ask my regular doctor for it. I am currently using Retin-A .1% that helps with about 50% of my body/face acne. I recently started using Noxema Total Clear wash with Triclosan, hibiclens, and a very rough scrubby pad. I am having some success but still don't feel I can wear tank tops or dresses. Very frustrating as a pretty young woman. I feel my adult life is slipping away from me!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2005, 09:18 PM   #2
    SweetAmy87
    (female)

SweetAmy87 HB User
    Re: I HATE DERMS!!! & Azelex

i dunno about the product youre asking about but i can definitely feel your frustration when it comes to not being able to wear tank tops! The only things that have ever halped my body acne were diet changes which help alot but not completely and accutane which im on now and my body acne is almost gone!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    _-*~!ŚMy!~*-_
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 08-16-2005, 05:41 AM   #3
    Divation
    Veteran
    (female)

Divation HB User

I just went to a derm as well and he prescribed Duac Gel for me too. But I have never used it before and was curious as to what it was.

My derm spent like a total of 2 minutes talking to me. He totally had it in his mind already what he was going to prescribe me without talking to me first.

Sucks.

But I have to say, I can already see an improvement with the Retin-A-Micro .01% he prescribed me. And the Plexion clothes. I haven't pickekd up the Duac Gel yet.

Old 08-16-2005, 07:45 AM   #4
    TKK3
    (female)

TKK3 HB User

I believe DUAC is a combination of Benzyl Peroxide and Antibiotic. You have to keep it in the fridge. It is kinda expensive and it bleaches your clothes. But, I guess it is worth a try. My derm gave me free samples to start. Azelex is a product that works by being antimicrobial I believe. Supposed to be very effective and I am going to ask my derm for some this week. Don't know if my insurance will cover it.

Old 08-16-2005, 08:29 AM   #5
    Steffers2318
    Veteran
    (female)

Steffers2318 HB User

I don't have to keep my Duac in the fridge

It has worked well for me so far, I only have one or two small breakouts occasionally now...but I also took Accutane and my derm said that would help the Duac be more "successful."

I am also taking green tea extract pills so I dunno if that is helping as well. Good Luck.

Closed Thread