It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Acne,Scars and Glasses!!!!Something All should be aware of!!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-18-2005, 12:59 PM   #1
    theillone
    Inactive
    (male)

theillone HB User
    Acne,Scars and Glasses!!!!Something All should be aware of!!!!

Almost every here has acne, no matter how mild or severe. And if you all have scars, just know that people with glasses can see them at a 20/20 vision or better, I've noticed this is something most acne sufferers are not aware of. I usually try to avoid people with glasses unless I am wearing a concealer!!!! should I do this or just not worry about it???? If anyone has any experience or opinions on this topic please give me feedback I need help with this question!!!! Thank U All!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2005, 01:13 PM   #2
    amo
    (female)

amo HB User
    Re: Acne,Scars and Glasses!!!!Something All should be aware of!!!!

Well, I try to practice the belief that I won't hide from people, so the idea of avoiding people wearing glasses makes me (personally) uncomfortable. I try not to let my acne control me (easier said than done, maybe).

But I know exactly what you are talking about. I have had acne off and on for a long time, but about 2 and a half years ago, I got glasses for the first time. Holy Cow!!!
    It took me a long time to get comfortable wearing them because I didn't like how I could clearly see every nook and cranny of my face from, like, 8 feet away.
    But whatever...like I said before, I'm not going to let it stop me from talking to the people I need or want to talk to.
    But it is hard knowing just how clearly they can see my skin...

Old 08-18-2005, 01:15 PM   #3
    Pandstorm
    (female)

Pandstorm HB User

I have glasses. With glasses or contacts, I have 20/40 vision, not 20/20 or better. I think it would not matter, since my vision corrects how I see things far away, not up close.

Old 08-18-2005, 02:22 PM   #4
    theillone
    Inactive
    (male)

theillone HB User

Pandstrom, Do u have acne???

Old 08-18-2005, 07:07 PM   #5
    babygirl2005_21
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User

Haha funny you mention this. I have pretty bad vision but my acne is mild and starting to go away but I still have some scars. Well I hadn't been wearing my contacts for awhile and I got some new ones and I put them on and looked in the mirror and I could see all my scars really well! I was depressed about it because I couldn't really see them that well before. But what I always try to remember is that people mainly worry about their OWN looks and usually aren't focusing on me all the time.

Old 08-18-2005, 07:47 PM   #6
    Pandstorm
    (female)

Pandstorm HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by theillone
    Pandstrom, Do u have acne???
    Yes. I am 25 with acne...but I am using "Acne-Free" products, and it has done wonders It's looking much better!

Old 08-19-2005, 01:29 AM   #7
    ihatethis
    (male)

ihatethis HB User

This is a little obsessive IMO. You can't just avoid people with glasses because you think they'll notice your skin. It just sounds crazy to me. For a start, you have nothing to be ashamed of, and secondly, not everyone wearing glasses wants to assess your skin condition like they're conducting an acne survey...

My advice is chill out.

Last edited by ihatethis; 08-19-2005 at 01:29 AM.

Old 08-19-2005, 09:17 PM   #8
    Pandstorm
    (female)

Pandstorm HB User

A lot of people wear contacts, too. It would be hard to avoid people wearing them, I would think.

Old 08-20-2005, 08:10 AM   #9
    Cassie4u22
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

Yes, in no way at all (honestly) do I mean to be rude, but what was the point of starting this thread? To make us all more paranoid than most of us already are? lol. It's impossible to avoid all people with glasses/contacts, and to do so would be absolutely ridiculous. That said, most of us are already reculses, ashamed and embarrassed to go out in public and look people in the eye anyway, now reading this thread I am sure just makes a lot of people even more paranoid and less confident than ever...why would you want that? Like I said, I am not chewing you out here, I really do just want to know what the purpose was of starting a thread like this?

Old 08-20-2005, 08:47 AM   #10
    aquarius0121
    Veteran
    (female)

aquarius0121 HB User

I was thinking of starting a thread about this too, except I have a more positive spin on the glasses issue. I have 20/20 vision, and I mistakenly assume everyone can see as clearly as me. My boyfriend's mom never wears her glasses, so I tried them on one day - and if you have 20/20 vision and you put on glasses, you can see how BADLY the other person sees. Anyway, I got to thinking that there is NO WAY his mom could possibly see my acne without her glasses so I have no need to worry. Additionally, half the people in the world probably don't bother wearing glasses when out and about. Therefore, what are we worried about?

Old 08-20-2005, 01:43 PM   #11
    Smartpants
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Smartpants HB User

I'd been putting off going to visit my grandmother because of my horrible breakout, but since you mentioned the whole vision thing, now that i think about it, she probably wont even see the difference!

Closed Thread