It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Birth Control Pills for hormone imbalance?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-23-2005, 08:46 AM   #1
    cutie5890
    (female)

cutie5890 HB User
    Cool Birth Control Pills for hormone imbalance?

i went to my doctor and got my blood taken, its being tested for thyroid disease and hormone imbalances....im just confused because when i asked my doctor what they would give me if it turned out i had a hormone imbalance, she said birth control pills. mainly, ortho-tricyline. idk because ive already taken birth control pills before for a few years, my skin was clear as its ever been on those but i still had breakouts and i was using mass quantities of topical medications that would stop working after a while. the weight gain that could happen from it makes me nervous only because i have/had an eating disorder (trying to recover) and any thought of weight gain really freaks me out. thats one reason i went off the pills...

anyways i thought if you had a hormone imbalance they would just give you some other type of medication, not BC?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2005, 08:52 AM   #2
    babygirl2005_21
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

babygirl2005_21 HB User
    Re: Birth Control Pills for hormone imbalance?

I really don't know if there is any medication they can give you. Maybe someone else on here knows but I did start taking Yasmin and I haven't had any weight gain and my skin looks great! I would try it if I were you because I have gained weight on all the pills I have tried besides this one.

Closed Thread