It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Over 21+ years old with acne, Desperate? I will lend a hand.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-05-2005, 01:59 PM   #46
    Iwillhelpyou
    (male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User
    Re: Over 21+ years old with acne, Desperate? I will lend a hand.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thompsbj
    So what do you think of fat? I like hard-boiled eggs with the yolk. Is eating 3 or 4 of those ok? Is that too much fat? I'm not scared of fat when it concerns overall health, as I am pretty healthy aside from the acne. Just wondering if all that fat will be bad for the skin.
    I eat 1 egg a day or so, 2 at most, I wouldn't want to eat more then that, theres a lot of cholestrol in it.

Eggs are convenient and nutrtious but as always don't overeat it.

Last edited by Iwillhelpyou; 09-05-2005 at 02:09 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2005, 02:00 PM   #47
    Iwillhelpyou
    (male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by soupyhead
    what do you think about sweating by sitting in the sun? for example going to the beach.

so you try to workout after every meal that involves more than a few carbs.. but how often a week do you 'sweat it out'

Sweating in the sun doesn't work,
    Thats what clogs poors,

You need to sweat profusely, like sweat like a water fountain ,it needs to be dripping not drizzling like normal sweat,

Normal sweat tends to clogs pores.

I sweat out everyday actually, I go to the sauna every other day, and the days I don't go to the sauna I run .. HARD

Last edited by Iwillhelpyou; 09-05-2005 at 02:10 PM.

Old 09-05-2005, 02:03 PM   #48
    Iwillhelpyou
    (male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by omega47
    hmm this is interesting and makes sense, but i heard your testosterone increases when you work out instead of decreasing like you said...im confused.

Working out maybe in a "medical study" may increase testerone,

but working out INTENSELY in my studies DECREASES my sex drive, aka DECREASES my testerone in my case.

I define working out as:

1) 30-45 minuts continous weight lifting

2) Running does not decrease my testerone oddly?
    but I do sweat, so that cleans out pores.

3) boxing/rowing / basketball / heavy endurance exercises

Old 09-05-2005, 02:04 PM   #49
    Iwillhelpyou
    (male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by smite
    Hmm, well I am kind of in the "treat the cause not the symptom" boat, but I'm finding this very interesting nonetheless.

- So how does Glycemic Index/Load fit in to your theory? If I eat only complex carbs with low GL, do I still need to exercise after a meal?

- I am a person who cannot gain weight no matter how much I eat. I am hungry a few hours after pretty much any meal. Under your theory it would seem to explain that increased testosterone is the cause for my hunger. Exercise, weight lifting, and eating the portions you suggest, is it even possible to gain weight?

- As omega mentioned, it's also my understanding that weight lifting increases testosterone. Wouldn't this be counter productive?

Thanks.

GYLCEMIC cHART levels fit HUGELY in this theory, eat only on the low end of the glycemic chart , 10-40

Anything that is above, you will need to workout

Any pasta, any sweet fruits, any thing above 40 glycemic scale will require you to bust ***

or it'll convert the carbs to fat / oil on your face.

Old 09-05-2005, 02:05 PM   #50
    Iwillhelpyou
    (male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SweetJade1
    Hi all,
    Great discussion here. I agree with most of this, but there are a few things I'd like to clarify.

1) A "Diet" is what you consume on a daily basis, so perhaps what some, I know I do, don't believe in are temporary, short-term or "Fad Diets"?

2) Carbohydrates are "Sugars", Starches, & Fibers and as such include:
    A) Sugar/Sucrose, Glucose/Dextrose, Honey, Brown Rice Syrup (among several other types of sugars)
    B) Vegetables
    C) Fruits
    D) Grains
    E) Legumes
    F) Nuts
    G) Seeds

Best wishes
    Hello sweetjade,

I'm glad you are posting in the thread, You are a research genius, I learned a great deal from you. ESPICALLY the pore shedding information, This made me think about saunas/steam rooms which solved the COMPLETE problem!

Thank you!

many times over!

Last edited by Iwillhelpyou; 09-05-2005 at 02:06 PM.

Old 09-05-2005, 02:09 PM   #51
    Iwillhelpyou
    (male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by soupyhead
    i'm still confused about the working out thing.. talking about increasing hormones by working out but we want to decrease the hormones dont we? and also i previously asked the poster about the sweating thing.. is sweating in any way good or do you think it should come by exercise?

Soupyhead,

Exercising does not increase hormones,

Don't do exercises like:

1) light weight lifting where you are drizzling sweat out, this CLOGS pores, you need to be sweating your shirt up

2) If you are not sweating HARD, that means you ARE clogging pores.

3) If you are not sweating at all, that means you just HAVE clogged pores.

4) Exercise decreases hormones, I guarantee you this, it does. I don't know why medical studies will say the opposite, it does not,

After you weight lift hard for 5 days, you will feel less sex drive. So that means you have less testerone.

Old 09-05-2005, 02:15 PM   #52
    Iwillhelpyou
    (male)

Iwillhelpyou HB User

Big point: Difference between sweating(clogs pores) and sweating PROFUSELY (clears acne)

Sweating - like when you are walking out on a hot day, will clog up pores , because its just small tidbits coming out of your pores combined with dust, it clogs.

Sweating profusely - from exercise or saunas, is like a toilet flush, zooooooooooooooooooooom , lots of sweat comes out, cleans everything out. Thats what you are looking for.

If you haven't seen what sweating profusely means, sit in a steamroom/sauna for 20 minutes, come out, that is sweating profusely.

So you need to do the same while exercising as well.

People who don't have access to a steamroom will have to exercise.

Last edited by Iwillhelpyou; 09-05-2005 at 02:16 PM.

Old 09-05-2005, 04:20 PM   #53
    omega47
    (male)

omega47 HB User

but i don't wanna loose any more weight dude. im a hard gainer and im skinny. lol. i know this has nothing to do with the subject but idk. kill me

Old 09-05-2005, 08:13 PM   #54
    FusionAmber
    (female)

FusionAmber HB User

I agree with you on the diet aspect of it, but I'm not so sure about the sweating thing. Is this just something you learned from experience, or do you have scientific evidence that it works? If so, I would love to see the article.

Old 09-05-2005, 08:18 PM   #55
    skyguy
    (male)

skyguy HB User

What if we don't want a lower sex drive?

Old 09-05-2005, 08:45 PM   #56
    lady346
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

lady346 HB User

Would this theory work if you are on birth control? Reason I ask is- i KNOW my problem is from hormones. Since I've gone on this certain type of b.c., I break out in the EXACT SAME PLACES. Once it heals and the redness goes away, its like theres a white bump in the exact same place. Im just wondering if this technique could surpass the hormone regulation in the b.c (and help my skin that isn't benefitting from it). I read somewhere that some birth control causes women to metabolize carbohydrates diffferently, but I don't know if that's true. If it is, I can see how the low-carb diet would be helpful and could improve skin. Anyone know?

Old 09-05-2005, 08:52 PM   #57
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by thompsbj
    What if we don't want a lower sex drive?
    Hmm...well wouldn't anyone that worked out very hard have a lower sex drive simply because they are...exhausted? I don't know, but in general you won't have a lower sex drive. While according to one study, working out strenously will lower your testosterone (acne sufferers want this to a degree), that doesn't automatically mean it lowered your sex drive (what testosterone was lowered?). However these studies seem to contradict and when things get confusing, again we have to think about our OWN fitness levels.

In general though, changing your diet and/or exercising will help you balance your sugar & insulin levels better which will affect your testosterone levels to an extent. Yet, I've never heard anyone, especially a male, say that they lost their desire. Although, this could be true for males that have excess testosterone (have a high libido?), in which case perhaps you will notice a slight difference...perhaps acquiring a drive that's more comparable to the "normal" man.

Any thoughts here????

Old 09-05-2005, 09:05 PM   #58
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by citygirl23
    Would this theory work if you are on birth control? Reason I ask is- i KNOW my problem is from hormones. Since I've gone on this certain type of b.c., I break out in the EXACT SAME PLACES. Once it heals and the redness goes away, its like theres a white bump in the exact same place. Im just wondering if this technique could surpass the hormone regulation in the b.c (and help my skin that isn't benefitting from it). I read somewhere that some birth control causes women to metabolize carbohydrates diffferently, but I don't know if that's true. If it is, I can see how the low-carb diet would be helpful and could improve skin. Anyone know?

I used to be on BC, but it was only 50% effective at clearing my skin which interestingly also showed up as 50% improvement in lowering my excess sex hormones. Later I switched to Avandia (metaformin made me sick) and got off the BC and it was only a 60% improvement. Ultimately for me, dietary changes yielded the best results.

As for that study, taking BC can alter a few nutrients in your body and make you more susceptible to yeast infections. If you are lacking something or acquire an intestinal yeast infection it's possible that this could affect how you metabolize carbohydrates. As far as I know, there is currently one study out that discusses BC such as Diane-35 increasing insulin resistance. So that's my guess as to how it could happen, although another could be that it was something the scientists noticed in an individual(s) that was already on the road to becoming Insulin Resistant. After all, if that is your problem, BC won't solve it, only mask certain symptoms.

Ahh, here's the title of the study below. It appears that Diane-35 is safe but it was a birth control with desogestrel (desogen, mircette, orth-cept) that slightly impaired insulin sensitivity.

Glucose metabolism and insulin resistance in women with polycystic ovary syndrome during therapy with oral contraceptives containing cyproterone acetate or desogestrel. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003 Aug;88(8):3621-5.

Best wishes

Last edited by SweetJade1; 09-05-2005 at 09:10 PM.

Old 09-05-2005, 09:14 PM   #59
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Iwillhelpyou
    Hello sweetjade,

I'm glad you are posting in the thread, You are a research genius, I learned a great deal from you. ESPICALLY the pore shedding information, This made me think about saunas/steam rooms which solved the COMPLETE problem!

Thank you!

many times over!
    Well a good steam doesn't sound so bad. Say can that actually help shed water weight? Anyway, I'm glad that there are more people finding their answers and that you're one of those willing to help! =)

Old 09-05-2005, 09:45 PM   #60
    soupyhead
    (male)

soupyhead HB User

i've been running the last few nights and its really hard to sweat that much.. after about 30 minutes i begin to sweat a bit but its not like pouring off my body.. maybe i will try the steam thing

Closed Thread