It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• (yet another) accutane journal.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-10-2005, 04:26 PM   #16
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User
    Re: (yet another) accutane journal.

8th day. the interior of my nose is begining to dry out slightly. my skin is the same as yesterday. its interesting to see how the accutane makes an impact from day to day. at this stage, ive been able to notice a lot of changes.

no break outs, knock on wood

ive been using cetaphil the last 2 days. my skin seems to like it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2005, 10:34 PM   #17
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

day 9.

little by little the skin around my mouth and around the bottom of my nose/upper lip is drying out. i am moisturizing here and there, doing my best to keep from getting too dry.

no "breakout" as of now. i have a couple bumps developing on my forehead, the type of problem i usually have. these bad boys usually never hit the surface. but the good news is they are small. not sure if it's because of the accutane?

my nose feels good... i put some aquaphor in my nose with a Q-tip, i didnt have the same dryness today as yesterday.

my lips are slowly becoming more chapped each day. im constantly putting on my Neutrogena lip moisturizer. theyre still in good shape though.

im liking this cetaphil face wash more and mroe =)

Last edited by california1; 09-11-2005 at 10:35 PM.

Old 09-12-2005, 05:37 PM   #18
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

10th day

same old business.... the bumps on my forehead have developed a bit more. i notice that a couple have already dried out and hardened into "plug" type things... i gently pushed them out. gross, but it was clean.. those came and went within a couple days, the other bumps will take a little longer to go away im sure. they always do..

one thing that is totally obvious at this stage is that my skin is very sensitive. sensitive to rubbing, picking (ok so i picked a couple, but not too badly...), scratching, etc. the skin all over my face can be easily damaged. ive definitely learned my lesson quickly when it comes to messing around with my skin. its thin, and fragile. thats the best i can describe it.

ive doubled my lib balm usage in the last day or two. im scared to not have my lip balm for more than 30 mins at a time!!!

Old 09-12-2005, 06:10 PM   #19
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

California,

Sounds like things are progressing well for you at the beginning of your course. I know a lot of people worry about the initial breakout, and believe me, so did I. However, I didn't experience it at all. Since I had large and painful cysts that I dealt with, I assumed that that's what would be popping up during my initial breakout but nothing happened.

One thing I recommend is using plain ol' vaseline on your lips (and in your nose, if necessary. Gross, I know, but I had a really bad dry nose on accutane) before bed. It worked really well for me. Good luck and keep us updated!

Old 09-12-2005, 06:32 PM   #20
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BostonGirl44
    California,

One thing I recommend is using plain ol' vaseline on your lips (and in your nose, if necessary. Gross, I know, but I had a really bad dry nose on accutane) before bed. It worked really well for me. Good luck and keep us updated!
    hey hey! yea ive been using aquaphor in my nose b4 bed, ill try it on mah lips too

thanks!

Old 09-14-2005, 12:17 AM   #21
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

day 11

same old... things are ok =)

Old 09-14-2005, 01:13 PM   #22
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

well things arent terrible. broke out a little over night. theres a few of those painful ones developing on my forehead. the accutane is starting to take its tole on the quality of my skin. getting pretty dried out over my upper lip, lotion helps a lot.. the corners of my mouth too. my forehead isnt drying out so much, not yet. a little redness all over.

i scratched my nose the other day and skin came off (fragile skin thanks to the tane!). now i have a scrape mark there. i wonder how long itll take to heal completely.

generally, im pretty angry and depressed with my skin. so that feeling has become my "normal" feel. i cant wait for this accutane to kick my acne in the balls. its been way to long since ive seen clear skin, i need to be happy again.

Old 09-14-2005, 01:23 PM   #23
    Cassie4u22
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Cassie4u22 HB User

California1,

How severe was your skin before starting Accutane? How long have you been dealing with acne? How old are you and what is your weight? Sorry for all the questions, but this is key information for people following your journal

Please keep updating, I think your day by day synopsis is very interesting. I have pretty mild acne/oily skin with the occassional HUGE breakout with cysts. At present, my skin is completely clear yet I just popped my first 40 mg pill of Accutane this afternoon (second course). I am 21 yrs. and weigh 105.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:15 PM   #24
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

well im 21/m... 165 - i had good skin going into high school. around 12th grade it got bad, cysts on my cheeks, and random pimple/zit on chin and forehead. i never had violent out of control acne. i like to call it mild persistant. very persistant. my skin is aggrivating... it seems to have cycles. 3 straight weeks of 5-10 blemishes (the deep seeded kind that stick around forever), then it would clear for about a week.. then i'd break out. sometimes not too bad, sometimes bad... repeat.

ive tried all kinds of pills, topical gels, diets... nothin really worked.

Old 09-16-2005, 02:07 AM   #25
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

lucky 13...

the plot thickens, a lot of smaller pimples are developing under the skin in random places. these must be because of the accutane because they are different from the types of acne i usually suffer from. still, they are not creating TOO much of a problem.

as expected, day by day the dryness in my lips and around my mouth increases. sometimes i notice my eyes are a little scratchy, dry feeling. after a good eyeball massage through my eye lids theyre fine.

im getting to the point where picking can really cause me problems. my skin is very sensitive, easily damaged. i really need to avoid mirrors.

til next time

Old 09-16-2005, 04:26 AM   #26
    Evey55
    (female)

Evey55 HB User

get some eye drops, they will help a lot. Keep them on your nightstand cause the eyes are usually the dryest first thing in the morning.

Get the "Natural Tears" formula....nothing that says ..."gets the red out".
    Visine makes a good one.
    Love your journal
    good luck

Old 09-16-2005, 11:11 AM   #27
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

hey thanks.. i have bion tears by alcon... the best!

Old 09-16-2005, 09:12 PM   #28
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

day 14, end of 2nd week. dryness here and there. ive got aquaphor in my nose. you know, same old.

a couple zits popping up randomly on my back... my back was a trouble zone for a couple years but in the last 6 or so months died down really quickly. i still get the occasional break out there, but nothing too serious.

night ya'll

Old 09-17-2005, 02:25 PM   #29
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

day 15.

zits that have been developing over the last few days are starting to cause problems. my skin is really sensitive, dry, and the bumps look ugly on my cheeks and forehead. i still wont call this a breakout because it's the type of thing that normally happens.

blah... i tried to get some blackhead outta my nose and in doing so a bunch of skin peeled off. my nose looks as if i was in a fire.

ill be keeping my head low for a while, i know it. my skin has a cycle... crappy for a few weeks then a week of almost clear skin... and the crappy part is comming i can feel it.

the key with accutane is no doubt letting the drug do its job... no matter how hard you just need to let it be.

Old 09-17-2005, 09:14 PM   #30
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by california1
    blah... i tried to get some blackhead outta my nose and in doing so a bunch of skin peeled off. my nose looks as if i was in a fire.
    what a mistake that was. my nose looks like flesh camouflage, peach, pink, and red!

so basically im half way through the first month of accutane and i've learned my lesson the hard way. no friggin picking, people! its literally time to cover up all the mirrors i have because they will only get me in trouble.

there should be a sticky on this forum about do's and don't while on accutane. the first thing it should say is dont pick!

dont be a bonehead like me! dont touch your face!!!!!!!!!!! haha now that i think about it, dont touch whether youre on accutane or not!

Last edited by california1; 09-17-2005 at 09:15 PM.

Closed Thread