It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• (yet another) accutane journal.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-18-2005, 06:29 PM   #31
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User
    Re: (yet another) accutane journal.

16th day

thank god for neosporin, after the nose incident i put a rubbed neosporin over my nose and today it looks much much better. almost 100% better infact.

my skin is definitely responding to the accutane. some of the bumps i have been talking about have almost fully developed and reached the surface. theyre not bumps anymore though . this normally takes wayyyy longer than it has this time around. its almost as if the tane is pushing these babies to the surface.

a couple white heads popped up too...

if new ones dont develope, i might belooking at reletively clear skin pretty soon!

Last edited by california1; 09-18-2005 at 06:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2005, 07:58 PM   #32
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

Hey California,
    I was going to suggest using a little bit of neosporin on your nose but I see you've done that. I used neosporin on my nose too because I couldn't resist picking at all the blackheads that were starting to come out. It's so hard not to pick at it because it feels like you're helping the process but then you learn quickly that that's not true. Good luck with everything! Sounds like you're having a positive experience so far.

Old 09-18-2005, 09:52 PM   #33
    randysavage
    (male)

randysavage HB User

wow california, your journal is almost identical to my story so far on accutane. I'm almost done with my 2nd month right now and I haven't cleared up much though. The first month was pretty bad, cysts and stuff, like the worst my skin would get before acutane. I stopped getting cysts, (thank jeeze) I remember trying to get blackheads off my nose, and literally my whole nose peeled off the next day. That was the last of doing that. I have that same cycle thing, right now I feel like I'm starting to clear up, and everyone says that happens around the 2nd month, so I hope its for good this time! Just be patient dude. Its tough sometimes!

Aquaphor and neosporin are my lovers.

Old 09-19-2005, 02:35 AM   #34
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by randysavage
    Aquaphor and neosporin are my lovers.
    indeed these two can really come in handy

....its late, i woke up ...my back is sore. tane?

Old 09-19-2005, 05:44 AM   #35
    auntchilada
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

auntchilada HB User

Is the Accutane getting rid of your blackheads?

Old 09-19-2005, 10:25 AM   #36
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by daisyheadmaisy
    Is the Accutane getting rid of your blackheads?
    not sure yet...i only get them on my nose and i usually get them out myself. ill post if i notice any differences.

Old 09-19-2005, 08:29 PM   #37
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

day 17

earlier today i had a blood test (the 2 week check up!). i should have the results within a day or two...everything seems fine. ive got the usual dry skin (on and off, some days its better than others), chapping lips (not severe), and a bit of an achy back. feel pretty healthy overall

the accutane is definitely making me break out in the form of cysts on my mid to lower cheeks, closer to my nose. also, theres been a few bumps popping up on my forehead. luckily the cysts are developing quickly, and i can treat them as neccessary. im just happy theyre hitting the surface as fast as they are, because it usually takes forever!

cant wait for the next month or two to go by!

Old 09-20-2005, 11:02 PM   #38
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

okay so my forehead is a bit worse than yesterday. my cheeks are a bit better.

an interesting note, i feel like my skin is not as dry as it was a week ago. same goes for my lips. i especially notice this right out of the shower. 1 week ago my skin would dry out quickly and my lips would feel tight. kind of strange... ?

oh yeah, and im half way thru the first month's tane!

Last edited by california1; 09-20-2005 at 11:04 PM.

Old 09-21-2005, 05:53 PM   #39
    Skylo

Skylo HB User

ok ty for the tips hope it helps you, im gonna get on my accutane as soon as i get word form my derm.

Old 09-21-2005, 07:15 PM   #40
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

welcome

day 19

right now the thing that is bothering me most is the spots left over from cysts/zit/pimples that have come and gone. its part of the process, and it was expected. but still stinks :/

nothing NEW developed since yesterday, knock on wood. so i can be happy about that. im just dealin with the existing breakout!

til next time

Old 09-22-2005, 02:15 PM   #41
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

i believe i can safely say that i can see the pores tightening up on my forehead. it may be due to the drying effect accutane has, but the skin on my forehead is not really dry and flakey like people have described. it still seems a bit oily, but just looks better. and if i look REALLY close it looks like tiny little "blackheads" are being pushed out. hardened grease or something. sounds really gross but it doesnt look it.

theres a couple blemishes in developement on my forehead. middle to late stages mostly. only 1 new one =) these seem to come and go within a weeks time, or a little longer.

the skin on my cheeks are in the later stage of healing and recovery from the breakout. nothing new. ive been using little bandaids and neosporin to help heal the cysts that damaged my skin. for the rest i just moisturize.

i feel that in 1 week or so if nothing new develops and my skin repairs itself nicely i should be looking at reletively clear skin! woohoo

Last edited by california1; 09-22-2005 at 02:16 PM.

Old 09-22-2005, 07:07 PM   #42
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

I'm so happy to see your progress is going well, california. I used so many bandaids and neosporin during my course of accutane, too. I hope all continues to go well!

Old 09-22-2005, 11:45 PM   #43
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BostonGirl44
    I'm so happy to see your progress is going well, california. I used so many bandaids and neosporin during my course of accutane, too. I hope all continues to go well!

hey thanks =) ... i'd say things are going well. im not by any means cured, but hey ill take whatever is happening as progress. if pimples come up that means the tane is strangling those glands and theyre makin that effort to pump out as much oils as they can! whatever.. no one said it'd be easy. gotta battle through it!

Old 09-23-2005, 07:32 AM   #44
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

I felt the same way you did. When I saw all those blackheads coming out, I was so excited. It's definitely not an easy thing to have to go through but hopefully the end result will be worth it. I know it certainly was for me!

Old 09-23-2005, 08:11 AM   #45
    Jackswift

Jackswift HB User

same, i've been clear for almost a year because of accutane

Closed Thread