It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• (yet another) accutane journal.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-23-2005, 05:13 PM   #46
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User
    Re: (yet another) accutane journal.

day 21.

hello again. so basically at this moment i am free from any NEW cysts, pimple, zit, etc (except for one right by my lip, on the edge - it hurts! but pretty small, not noticable)...

im just dealing with existing ones in the later stages... also i have a few red marks from the ones that arent active =( it takes a loooong time to heal while on this medicine thats for sure.

i called in for my 2 week blood test, the doctor was impressed with my results. everything is great. i have my 1 month checkup on the 28th to determine the next step in the treatment.

if anyone is reading this, should i expect to be bumped up from 80mg per day? considering im not drying out.

see yas

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2005, 02:46 PM   #47
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

day 22.

same as yesterday... im feeling fine. my lips have been in need of less lip balm lately, even though im already in the habbit of using it every 30 minutes.

ill be sure to report any developments!

Old 09-24-2005, 06:25 PM   #48
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

Hey california,

Your progress sounds a lot like what I went through last year (I still can't believe I've been off accutane a year already). It's hard not to constantly use lip balm, even when your lips aren't as dry. I still use a lot just out of habit even though my lips have long been back to normal.

Old 09-25-2005, 01:55 AM   #49
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

hola...

i got home late tonight, washed my face, and discovered a few new bumps on my forehead. these ones really suck. the would be MUCH easier to deal with if they were the white heads that pop up really quick then harden or kind of wash away with water when you clean your face. NO, these ones suck. they are just red bumps under the skin with no predictable life span. seems as if they can just sit around forever. just getting red and making your face look lumpy.

grr

Old 09-25-2005, 05:51 PM   #50
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

23rd day.

i want to donate my skin to science. really now, i am confused. one day its in pretty good shape, then that night it looks like its going downhill quick. thennn the next day it looks fine. lol... its wierd. anyway, the new bumps from last night dont look as "angry". thankfully.

still lookin for an answer as to whether or not i should expect a higher dosage of tane after i visit the derm this wed. any thoughts?

Old 09-26-2005, 06:03 AM   #51
    bimbotica
    (female)

bimbotica HB User

hey california....stay strong ya? i aint having too good results myself but its waaaaaay too early to expect anything but more breakouts.however my pimples now have shorter lifespans so thats a good thing and all the junk seems to be coming out.

Old 09-26-2005, 07:21 AM   #52
    strwberikisses
    (female)

strwberikisses HB User

I enjoy ready your journal thingy. I still don't know if I will go on accutane because I'd hate to go through it all just to have to do another treatment after a year. I hope it works for you. Maybe your journal will give me the stregnth to try it myself. Good luck!

Old 09-26-2005, 09:19 PM   #53
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

day 24.

thanks guys.. it is a bit early, and even though things arent instantly getting better i am at least glad to see my body reacting to the tane. since ive been on it, ive seen changes in my skin and the type of pimples i get. any change at this point is good. all i know is that the tane is doing SOMETHING. and in a few months i hope i get the results so many peopl have - clear skin!

nothing really new since yesterday.. just dealing with what i have now. more bandaids and neosporin should help over the next few days. and some lotions too =)

Old 09-27-2005, 10:43 PM   #54
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

day 25...

same thing as yesterday. i had a pretty uncomfortable night last night. im getting dry skin, rash, and itches in random places.. my scrotum is especially sensitive right now. kinda gross huh? it just itches, and is all red. its not dry. i put aquaphor all down there, LOL. hopefully it'll pass soon. cause i pretty much have to itch my balls every ten seconds.

so far so good.

Last edited by california1; 09-30-2005 at 08:06 PM.

Old 09-28-2005, 01:58 AM   #55
    hybridelements
    (female)

hybridelements HB User

hi there,
    i've just started accutane today and i cant wait to see the results months later.. lol.. the scrotum stuff is indeed kinda gross, but i guess it's worth it..

Old 09-28-2005, 09:54 AM   #56
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

last night was better. aquaphor is great stuff. still itchy, but whatever. definitely worth it. im on my way to the derm this morning for my one month checkup. i have a feeling my dosage will be upped from 80mg per day. reason being im not getting dried out or flakey. my face isnt all that red either.

ill post later on what happens

Old 09-28-2005, 04:39 PM   #57
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

i went to the derm earlier today, he is happy with the progress this far. i have to say that i am too. the doc commented that he notices a change in the look and feel to my skin. when i got home i took a good look in the mirror and its true. the texture on my cheeks has definitely changed. the pores on my nose seem to be tightening, with almost no blackheads.

i asked him if i'll be taking a higher dose and he said it is definitely possible, and it more or less depends on my comfort level. as for right now, im sticking to 80mg per day.

my forehead seems to be the most problematic area. hopefully the accutane will take aim at this area soon =). currently i have no zits/cysts in development and the ones i did have are in the final stages of healing. my red marks usually go away in a week or two with the help of neosporin and moisturizers. im crossing my fingers because ive been at this stage before. when things look good a little army of new zit/cysts come marching in over night.

til next time

Last edited by california1; 09-30-2005 at 08:07 PM.

Old 09-28-2005, 06:00 PM   #58
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

Hey california,

I'm glad to see that you are progressing well! I hope that you're starting to get past those breakouts and that you don't have to deal with the random breakouts too. I remember waking up one day and my skin seemed perfectly clear and since that time, not one breakout.

Old 09-29-2005, 11:11 AM   #59
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

woke up this morning to a couple small zits popping up on my cheek. i recognize the looks of them and i at least know they will pass quickly.

my nose and some parts of my cheeks looks even better today. there arent any blackheads on my nose that i can see. it's also very smooth and the pores are smaller. the parts of my cheeks that are in good condition feel and looks like baby skin! soft, kinda blushy.. i like =)

my forehead is a bit flakey, peely and red in the areas i had zits. its just a matter of time before it heals over.

Last edited by california1; 09-30-2005 at 08:08 PM.

Old 09-29-2005, 03:56 PM   #60
    hybridelements
    (female)

hybridelements HB User

yo..

glad to know u have some improvement.. =)

Closed Thread