It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• (yet another) accutane journal.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-29-2005, 05:18 PM   #61
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User
    Re: (yet another) accutane journal.

SOME improvement... right now my left cheek/jaw is almost 100% clear and smooth. my nose looks great. but on the other side im havin some trouble with a cluster of pimples that popped up over night, on my lower cheek close to my mouth/nose. these are the ones i described in my earlier post. its just really annoying.

im trying to look at the bright side here. im hoping the rest of my face starts looking like my left cheek soon. because then i'll be REALLY happy!

Last edited by california1; 09-29-2005 at 05:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2005, 10:12 PM   #62
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

ps... im starting to get a little rash action on the backs of my hands.

Old 09-30-2005, 01:01 AM   #63
    hybridelements
    (female)

hybridelements HB User

my jaw area is horrendous right now..lol.. i'll be really happy too if it clears up..
    it causes rash?

Old 09-30-2005, 05:59 AM   #64
    BostonGirl44
    Senior Veteran

BostonGirl44 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by california1
    ps... im starting to get a little rash action on the backs of my hands.
    I got an annoying rash on my forearms and biceps. It was really embarassing because I'd scratch the heck out of them and make them look worse. It would bleed and scab over. Unfortunately, this was during the summer so it's not even like I could wear long sleeved shirts to cover it up. This happened during months 4-5 for me.

Old 09-30-2005, 08:09 PM   #65
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

nothing new to report, really. til next time

Old 09-30-2005, 09:30 PM   #66
    willowb
    (female)

willowb HB User

hi california
    ive enjoyed reading your accutane journal. im considering getting on it, but being a woman and all im scared of the posible birth defects in future pregnancies...anyhow, can you tell me how long people are usually on accutane? also, after you stop it, how long are results suppose to last? if you know, let me know. thank you, and im so happy for you and your results so far!

W

Old 09-30-2005, 10:45 PM   #67
    Skylo

Skylo HB User

so r u on accutane as in accutane the pills or u have amnesteem? by the way im on my 3rd day and i have no effects too so i guess i will get them at the same time you did, good luck,

Mike

Old 09-30-2005, 11:31 PM   #68
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

im on accutane by roche.

willow,

a standard course of accutane is 5 months. if the accutane does its job you should have no acne problems after the course. some people have to take a second course because either 1, the acne is not gone or 2, it goes away but then returns. i think over 70% first time users are "cured" and those who arent have better skin than before the treatment. i think the majority of second time users are completely cleared up.

it should last forever. but acne has been known to return for some accutane users.

also, im dont believe accutane has any affect on babies if you've completed a course and decided to have one in the future. i think it only affects pregnancy while on accutane, soon after treatment, or if a woman is exposed to the medication.

Old 10-01-2005, 09:01 AM   #69
    willowb
    (female)

willowb HB User

thank you California! wow, i didnt know that you're suppose to be cured for "life" after you take accutane. now i really want to give it a try! thanks for the info. and keep us posted!

W

Old 10-01-2005, 11:22 AM   #70
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

hey willow, to give you a better description of how it should work.. you know those people who have really great skin? everyone has a friend or two who's skin is always in top form. except once and a while they'll get that random zit. well if your body responds the right way to accutane you should become this person

Old 10-01-2005, 04:03 PM   #71
    willowb
    (female)

willowb HB User

hi California,
    thanks for the description. i think im going to look more into getting on accutane. it would be a dream to have clear skin for more than a couple of days at a time...i totally go through the same "cycle" you say your skin goes through, so i can relate. i was on minocycline for a while, but i didnt get and stay really clear, so i guess you can say it didnt work that much for me. anyhow, thanks again!

W

Old 10-01-2005, 05:49 PM   #72
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

welcome.. good luck with getting accutane.

day 29.

the red spots have decreased a lot over the last couple days and thanks to neosporin and lotions my skin is looking the best it has since the beginning of the treatmen. not much left of the cluster of zits that came up a couple days ago. nothing new on my forehead. hopefully things continue like this!

one thing to note is that my skin has a lot of color right now. just an overall redness to it that looks blushy. its kind of nice, actually. i dont have much dry skin on the face, except for a couple patches close to the corners of my mouth.

lips are doin good, thnks to the lip balm.

im def. noticing pores tightening up in various places, which is great. my nose is really smooth and clear of blackheads! im thankful!

Old 10-02-2005, 05:16 PM   #73
    hybridelements
    (female)

hybridelements HB User

wow..great inprovement!

anyway..what's neosporin? is it available in pharmacy?

Old 10-02-2005, 05:36 PM   #74
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hybridelements
    wow..great inprovement!

anyway..what's neosporin? is it available in pharmacy?
    neosporin is a topical ointment for cuts/scrapes/etc. it's over the counter in the first aid section at pretty much any store. heals wounds MUCH faster than if you just left them to heal on their own.. like 3-4 days quicker. and in my case the red marks left over from zits+accutane.

day 30.

again, improvements continue.. im still getting the ocassional NEW white head/small cyst here and there but for the most part i have good control over the situation.

im just lotioning and putting neosporin as needed and it really seems to be working out. also aquaphoring my nose once a night is key. i will have to do it more soon because i feel my nose drying up even more.

the rash i had on my nuts has died.. but i am getting rashes in other places. like on the backs of my hands and inside my thighs. i got some goldbond medicated cream, very refreshing.

see ya'll

Old 10-03-2005, 01:49 AM   #75
    bimbotica
    (female)

bimbotica HB User

hey there cali,great to hear bout ya improvement.
    mine's pretty slow though probably cuz i'm only on 10mg every day hence results will be all that much slower.however the type of pimples i get now has evolved into relatively small zits which come to head within a day or two but that aint a good thing cuz the pus filled heads look disgusting.
    just wanted to ask do pimples usually become like this in the first month of accutane?

Closed Thread