HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Acne (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acne/)
-   -   Acne Cure (not a theory) (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acne/323636-acne-cure-not-theory.html)

omega47 09-14-2005 05:10 AM

Re: Acne Cure (not a theory)

lol^ i have one more question for you man. sry. Anyways, i'm 20 now and my acne is definitely not as bad as it used to be when i was 15,16,17...it's mild now with about a breakout every 3 days or so. But i do have some scars. At what age do most people start outgrowing their acne? any info would be great.

kittenkaboodle6 09-14-2005 09:40 AM

DAFT,
I was wondering where you got this information. I know about most of what you're saying from immunology and physiology courses, but I never really made the link to acne. I'm going to try this diet for a couple weeks and see if it works. Are you a student, or did you do all this research on your own??

DAFT 09-14-2005 11:01 AM

I am not a student, nor am i qualified in any academic fields concerning biology/dermatology etc. You can use google to verify or discredit my claims.

I am glad that you are going to try this diet however there are a few things you should also note:

1) I said bran flakes are okay but they aren't so scratch them
2) [U]Excercise[/U] is just as important as the diet, try to do low level excercise (cycling,fast walking) for the longest ammount of time you can sustain around 1hr a day. As i understand it the most benefical time for you to do this is after your last meal.
3) drink plenty water and dont starve yourself of food its important to eat plenty and often and dont starve yourself of carbs reducing them and eating the right ones will help but not eating any food group is very bad.
4) According to studies the [U]right[/U] fibre will help slow down the release of glucose to your bloodstream, psyllium husks is good fibre and may help you, however i have not used them and have no idea how they will affect you.

Because of GMF If you live in the US this diet may not be as effective.

If you do this diet/excercise then please state what you eat before and what you eat after, where you live and how old you are.

eldergod 09-14-2005 02:16 PM

Hi Daft, I'm 16, Male and live in the UK, Basically I've been working out everynight at my local gym around 5.00 (when I get in from work), I useally eat after I've finshed at the gym around 8 at night. Until I seen this thread which was today I've started to eat before going to the gym.

My acne is pritty bad I have one or two spots on my legs now and I'm starting to get worried and looking for ideas..

I do body building at the gym and shower each day using the heat room 3-5 times a week to open my pores.

I've basically been bullied about it and hurt about some of the comments, Looking back on it seems harsh, I'm not feeling sorry for myself but I've had it to the point now where I couldn't care what happens if I walk through a dark alley...

On the way home from gym its dark, I feel as if still people are looking at me...

I'm going to stick with this cause I'm and commited to doing objectives which you have stated.

This thread has gave me a glimmer of hope as anything will be worth trying at the stage I'm at right now.

Few pointers from anyone would be apperiated..?

eldergod 09-14-2005 03:37 PM

A quick reply would be helpful too as I'm starving right now.... but so desprate to defeat this acne!

I need to know what to eat... as well please, thanks

DAFT 09-14-2005 04:25 PM

eldergod the more muscle you have and the less fat the better you body can cope with the insulin, but the process of building muscle i.e. short intensive excercise is bad for your acne (in the short term). As your probably aware to build muscle you also need to over-eat as much as you can this is also bad for you acne. All i can suggest to you is knock the workouts on the head for a while (if your dieting then you wont get any gains anyway) and do less intensive excercise for long periods until your acne reduces (cycling). Eat the foods on the list i provided eat enough of them so you feel full, do not starve yourself and do not eat to few carbs to sustain yourself and the excercise (reduce carbs and eat the right ones). If you want to be very strict early on then avoid the foods with question marks. follow the guidlines in the previous post and if you got the money (and your family dont mind the noise) buy an excercise bike. (preferably one with a comfy seat). Give them husks a go i'm picking some up soon and testing them out.

You shold note that becuase your 16 whether you can completly clear you skin is open to debate, hopefully you will improve significatly.

eldergod 09-15-2005 03:51 AM

Well I'm in the UK basically could you tell me what to look out for on the back of the food I eat?

like last night I didn't eat, this morning I could only find Chicken gridllers which I thought would be better than Bread and Cheese...

I was looking to see if said high gelmetic on the back of certain foods in the frezzer but it didn't so what shall I look out for?

tata77 09-15-2005 09:56 AM

hey DAFT..i've been reading on your thread for awhile now..and i completely agree that diet is a major factor in your acne condition..one proof i have is that when i am in the college dorms, i have full access to unlimited salads, unlimited water, meats, fruits, the whole deal. And it is all freshly cooked by the cooks at my school. However, when i come home for the summer, my house sometimes runs out of fruit, we rarely eat salads, and we even run out of water sometimes (sad we're poor haha). And my acne is always better in the dorms. However i've been on this "Acne Cure" of yours for i'd say more than a week now. My diet has consisted ONLY of vegetables, meat, fruits, ive cut out all white rice intake, and i only drink water. And i take psyllium husks with twice daily. But it seems i still find myself having at least 2 new pimples come up every 2 days or so. I've never been able to get rid of my oily skin and i know it's a big factor in my acne. Do you know if your diet is supposed to reduce oil levels as well? I dunno i've tried so many things alrdy and i always feel like my acne is the only incurable one. Sigh i just wanna live a normal life. Anyway that's my deal.

eldergod 09-15-2005 09:58 AM

My nana and grandad are going shoping tommorow, food I need they are willing to pay?

Now all I need is a list, thanks in advance.

Manic_Insomniac 09-15-2005 12:37 PM

Potatoes?? Oh crap. I love boiled red potatoes :(

artist616 09-24-2005 10:50 AM

Hi DAFT,
I was interested in your knowledge about diet. I eat all organic. I consume organic Whey, almond butter, almond milk, kamut bread and quinoa noodles. Are these foods ok to eat? I have trouble eating meat, so I drink the whey for protein. Are organic eggs alright?
Thank you for your time if you get a chance answer my questions.