It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Breakouts from liver/colon cleanse?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-20-2005, 02:31 PM   #1
    Rawraws
    (male)

Rawraws HB User
    Breakouts from liver/colon cleanse?

I've been taking liver cleansing pills (Tyler Detoxification Factors) for almost 2 weeks now and my skin started breaking out really bad about a week into it.

I was wondering if anybody else who has done liver or colon cleansing experienced an initial breakout?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2005, 06:37 PM   #2
    DoUfeelikeido
    (female)

DoUfeelikeido HB User
    Re: Breakouts from liver/colon cleanse?

I bought some colon cleanse about 3 weeks ago also and noticed I broke out worse also so I stopped. I don't know why.

Old 09-20-2005, 07:43 PM   #3
    health15
    (female)

health15 HB User

I am on my 4th day of Dr Natura's colon cleanse program. I got 3 new pimples on the second day of it. That is it so far. knock on wood! It must be from the cleanse, because I have been on retinA micro since July and haven't had a new breakout in weeks.

Old 09-20-2005, 11:02 PM   #4
    Moon Rising
    (female)

Moon Rising HB User

I'm doing a metal cleanse and I broke out like crazy a week into it. I hope it is from the cleanse because I just spent a small fortune on the Origins line last weekend and I thought it may be from that. FYI I think its the cleanse drawing out all the toxins in our skin and I think we will be ok when the cleanse in over.
    ---Moon

Old 09-20-2005, 11:03 PM   #5
    Moon Rising
    (female)

Moon Rising HB User

I'm doing a metal cleanse and I broke out like crazy a week into it. I hope it is from the cleanse because I just spent a small fortune on the Origins line last weekend and I thought it may be from that. FYI I think its the cleanse drawing out all the toxins in our skin and I think we will be ok when the cleanse is over.
    ---Moon

Old 09-21-2005, 09:16 AM   #6
    SweetJade1
    Senior Veteran

SweetJade1 HB User

Absolutely, this CAN happen and it just depends on how well your body is able to eliminate these toxins.

What brand of colon cleanse and/or heavy metal detox are you using?

Are you taking the right amount of fiber, psyllium, to help absorb AND flush toxins produced as a result of the cleanses.

Are you taking Bentonite and/or Activated Charcoal to also help absorb toxins?

Are you drinking MORE than 8 glasses of water a day to also help flush toxins?

It does make you want to stop, BUT if you know it's not an ingredient that you are sensitive to and that it is a result of the cleansing process, you shouldn't. That should be a sign that the cleanse is working, and it should go away within another weak or two IF you are doing the above.

Best wishes

P.S. If it doesn't, have you looked into your diet to see if you are (still) consuming foods that can be problematic for some of us? Perhaps it's hindering your progress and serving as "fuel" for this additional acne.

Old 09-22-2005, 02:36 PM   #7
    Rawraws
    (male)

Rawraws HB User

I'm not doing a colon cleanse. I'm just taking Tyler Detoxification Factors for the liver. I take 2 pills 3x daily. I'd post the ingredient list but every time I post a link it gets deleted. I'm not interested so much in cleaning out pre-existing toxins as I am in actively assisting my liver in processing the toxins I take in every day.

I know many people say you need to change your diet. Which might be true. And I know I eat tons of horrible foods. But I really do not have the time or the money to prepare a special diet.

Closed Thread