It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Acne on Nuvaring

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-23-2005, 08:18 AM   #1
    Allison1125
    (female)

Allison1125 HB User
    Acne on Nuvaring

hi everyone. i'm 25 years old & i started taking birth control back in february because i wanted to see if it would help my skin as well as lessen the pain & flow of my periods. i started out on estrostep & then switched to ovcon because of breakthrough bleeding but had to switch again because the btb would not stop. on both pills my skin was looking ok...not perfect but better than it did before i started bcps. i switched to the nuvaring a month ago & after about 5-7 days my face totally broke out! its been like this all month. at all times i have 1 HUGE zit (either on my chin or forehead) and a bunch of smaller ones on my cheeks, chin & forehead.

has anyone else had this happen on the ring? i got through the whole month with no btb so i really want this to work for me but i cant deal with looking like this all the time! do you think it will calm down over the next couple of months? i think that my skin has never looked worse than it does right now.

i've been doing aspirin masks & drinking lemon juice...usually works like a charm for me...but it doesnt seem to be helping. anyone have any other natural remedies that could help? my brothers wedding is in 9 days & i dont want to go looking like this!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-24-2005, 06:11 AM   #2
    aversar03
    (female)

aversar03 HB User
    Re: Acne on Nuvaring

Hey I have been on Yasmin which helped a little with my mild acne but gave me other side effects that I didnt like but I liked that it didnt make me gain any weight after that I tried ortho tri-cyclen and that messed up my skin really bad it made it really oily???? Now I am on Diane 35 and I love it my skin is great and I have only been on it for 2 weeks now!! But any way all pills work different for everyone I had a couple friends who were on the nuvaring and one of the girls experieneced bad breakouts and decided to go of it after a couple of months. The other girl had really beautiful skin so I dont think it was possible for her to even get a pimple but anyway shes still on it and loves it!!!! Hope that helps a little.

Closed Thread