It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• dove sensitive soap bar, worked for a bit??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-14-2005, 05:38 AM   #1
    beatboxkid
    (male)

beatboxkid HB User
    Question dove sensitive soap bar, worked for a bit??

ONLY A SHORT ONE HERE, NOT TO MUCH READ.........

I have slagged off dove in the past as I think the normal dove soap is rubbish personally, but i decided to have a go with the sensitive dove bar and I also used johnsons baby lotion....

At first I washed twice a day with dove soap and used the johnsosn cleanser afterwards. And it started to clear my skin but then after a few days I broke out so I decided to only use the soap once a day and the cleanser twice a day, and my skin started to clear again, but now a few days later I have broke out again and it has also brought out slight cystic acne on my body, which I can suffer from time to time. It seems to be one of the better soaps I have used but I dont think it's gonna peform miracles and if I keep using I think I will just get more and more break out I think the problem with the soap is that it contains coconut acid, and coconut oil is meant to bloke you're pores big time apparently god knows why dove put coconut acid in the soap if that is the case??? doesnt really make much sense????

why does stuff seem to work at first, and then in about a week it stops?? god knows what to try now was thinking about proactiv, any one know the best place to order it in the uk?? appaarently you can join up with some service and get it deliverd once every 60 days or somthing.....

THANKS FOR READING BEATBOXKID

Last edited by beatboxkid; 10-14-2005 at 05:41 AM. Reason: SPELLING

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-14-2005, 10:26 AM   #2
    scouselad1974
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

scouselad1974 HB User
    Re: dove sensitive soap bar, worked for a bit??

Hi
    I had the same problem with Dove Sensitive, i used it for two weeks and my skin cleared up but it also became very dry so i stopped using it and wey hey my skin became much more oilier than it was before and i erupted quite badly in cystic type spots that i don't normally have, although it's been fine on my body, two weeks after packing up using this stuff i am slowly starting to get back to normal

Closed Thread