It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Asprin is a godsend!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-28-2005, 07:51 PM   #31
    Abby214
    (female)

Abby214 HB User
    Re: Asprin is a godsend!!!

I just used the Aspirin mask for the 4th time tonight.
    I am really liking it.
    I have noticed it really removes any reddness from blemishes, and smoothes the texture of the skin. I am not sure how it does with preventing blemishes, although I haven't had any new ones since starting this treatment.

I have been applying the mask every other day.
    Also, I have noticed many people are having a problem with flaking, I have not found this to be a problem for me.

This is what I do:
    I use 6 Walgreen's Aspirins in a plastic bowl, and add one ice teaspoon full of warm water and wait a few seconds and the aspirins soften from the water. I blend them with the plastic ice teaspoon, and usually it is the right consistency, if not I add a bit more warm water. I then wet my face with warm water and apply the aspirin mask. I wait approximately 10 minutes for it to dry. There is very very mild flaking and that is usually when I move my face a lot. I try to keep my face still while it drys, and there is usually no flaking. I then use warm water to exfoliate and rinse, followed with a cool water rinse and pat dry.

I am so happy I found this thread about the Aspirin mask, it has been a godsend!

Abby

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2005, 09:39 PM   #32
    Kari7171
    (female)

Kari7171 HB User

Maybe it flakes so much for me since I leave it on for 15 minutes until it's completely dry so then there is no water anymore to hold it on my face. Maybe I shouldn't leave it on so long.

Old 11-06-2005, 11:27 PM   #33
    .salt
    (male)

.salt HB User

one Q about the mask, im doing it now but...i put 8 pills with a few drops of water..iin a few seconds..it was all puffy and wat not..but the "paste" is not like toothpaste paste right? its like that finely ground up? cuz right now its a bit sandy?? but its still a paste lol....so basically im wondering if im doing it right...its like a sandy paste more then a pure paste like..toothpaste lolz...anyways yea..and it was the generic kind with a clear bottle and like a bunch of em in there..it says its coated but i coudlnt find one that is uncoated..seems to break down real fast

Old 11-07-2005, 05:50 AM   #34
    caliente
    Veteran
    (female)

caliente HB User

yeah, it'll be a sandy, gritty paste. not smooth like toothpaste.

i've heard that some people have bought aspirin powder, which forms a smoother paste when water is added, but i have never seen aspirin powder and wouldnt know where to find it.

i have started a new experiment this week. i heard that witch hazel is good for skin (cleaning and shrinking pores) so i've decided to try using that for my aspirin mask instead of water, as well as using it as a toner. i'm excited to see what happens.

Old 11-07-2005, 11:50 AM   #35
    Username:
    (female)

Username: HB User

Leaving it on for more than 10 minutes will make the aspirin flake off.. I tried leaving it on a spot overnight and it had vanished by morning. Oh well, it still makes a great mask and exfoliator!

Old 11-11-2005, 03:30 AM   #36
    turbonamja
    Veteran

turbonamja HB User

wow ... seems as if there is nobody who had negative side effects from this. i don't really have too many breakouts anymore just when i shave i get some, but i wouldn't mind helping out some scars and get my skin tone better. i have to try this ... keep this thread going!

Old 11-11-2005, 04:55 AM   #37
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kari7171
    The only thing I don't like about it is when it dries it starts falling off of my face and it's very powdery and I start sneezing like crazy and then even more falls off all over the place and that makes me sneeze even more. I ran to the bathroom to get it off my face the last time I used it and the sneezing stopped right away. It happens every time I use it. I wonder if there is something I could mix it into that would keep it from flaking off so much.
    lol ya i sneeze my *** off too

Old 11-11-2005, 04:57 AM   #38
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by caliente
    yeah, it'll be a sandy, gritty paste. not smooth like toothpaste.

i've heard that some people have bought aspirin powder, which forms a smoother paste when water is added, but i have never seen aspirin powder and wouldnt know where to find it.

i have started a new experiment this week. i heard that witch hazel is good for skin (cleaning and shrinking pores) so i've decided to try using that for my aspirin mask instead of water, as well as using it as a toner. i'm excited to see what happens.
    Interesting experiment.. please let me know how this goes

Old 11-11-2005, 08:10 AM   #39
    caliente
    Veteran
    (female)

caliente HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by turbonamja
    wow ... seems as if there is nobody who had negative side effects from this. i don't really have too many breakouts anymore just when i shave i get some, but i wouldn't mind helping out some scars and get my skin tone better. i have to try this ... keep this thread going!
    the aspirin mask is also great for razor bumps.

Old 11-11-2005, 08:17 AM   #40
    caliente
    Veteran
    (female)

caliente HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Accutane Dude
    Interesting experiment.. please let me know how this goes
    so far i'm very impressed. i changed up my experiment a little bit. i poured some of the witch hazel into a bottle and added a few aspirin. the aspirin break down but do not completely dissolve, so it just sits at the bottom. so to use it as a toner, i shake it up and then pour a small amount onto a cotton pad. i swipe my face with the opposite side of the cotton pad, so i dont get all the little aspirin particles all over my face.

i have had a really bad breakout this week, but it is completely hormonal (ya know, being a girl...) and not from the witch hazel. after a few days i noticed a DRAMATIC change in my pores. much cleaner and smaller! i'm very impressed and happy!

gotta be careful with the witch hazel though. it contains 86% witch hazel, 14% alcohol.

Old 11-21-2005, 10:21 PM   #41
    Anonym0us
    (male)

Anonym0us HB User

hi, i have a problem with ingrown hairs on my moustache and chin area. i know this is a great topical to prevent ingrown hairs because this is the same ingredient that the tendskin uses. but im thinking this is going to be more effective when i leave it on overnight. so im wondering if i can put a thin layer of aspirin only on my shaved areas where it is prone to ingrown hairs and leave it on overnight? because ingrown hairs are driving me crazy and it looks like an acne! anyone tried this already?

your replies would be greatly appreciated! thanks!

Last edited by Anonym0us; 11-21-2005 at 10:27 PM.

Old 11-22-2005, 06:55 AM   #42
    ImTheLucky1
    (female)

ImTheLucky1 HB User

I'm wondering if you could mix it in with a small amount of moisterizer (?) Maybe this would help with the drying/flaking?

This is such a fabulous idea! I'm calling my sister right now to share!

Old 11-22-2005, 08:31 AM   #43
    primo1
    (male)

primo1 HB User

anyone using the bayer brand? (the one in the green or silver packaging) is it ok? is it non-coated? 'cause that's the only brand i can find in our local drug store.

Old 11-22-2005, 08:36 AM   #44
    kellsywells
    (female)

kellsywells HB User

Please post your results of leaving the asprin mask on over night - sounds like a fab idea. Will try it aswell.
    Ive also been using teatree oil again and is working wonders!!
    woke up with no fresh acne this morning

Old 11-23-2005, 07:29 AM   #45
    ImTheLucky1
    (female)

ImTheLucky1 HB User

Tried the mask yesterday. Most of my acne is on my back, not my face but it made my skin feel SO good! kellsywells mentioned tea tree oil (works for almost anything, I've found). Wonder what would happen if you substituted the water with it. Off to see.......

Closed Thread

Tags
    aspirin mask