It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Asprin is a godsend!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-31-2005, 10:22 PM   #61
    MzPrincessReina
    (female)

MzPrincessReina HB User
    Re: Asprin is a godsend!!!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sienna228
    I just bought the smart health version as well and have yet tried it...did anyone hear of it working?

I have smart health brand, and it seems to be working okay, Ive been trying it for three days so far and my pimples have gotten smaller faster and less red.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2005, 11:37 PM   #62
    Constant
    Inactive
    (female)

Constant HB User

Just want to put my two cents in. Since I've been using the aspirin mask my face has gotten a lot better. It took a while for things to calm down as it seemed to draw out a lot of impurities. I also still had cystic acne breakouts for about another month but those have seemed to completely disappated as well.

Since using the aspirin mask I do NOT use anything else on my face but very warm water...I rinse about 30 times. I then use apple cider vinegar to ph balance my face and aveeno moisturizer sparingly.

If I have worn makeup then I do use a cleanser, usually aveeno foaming face wash....then rinse with very warm water about thirty times...then the apple cider vinegar and the light moisturizer.

I am only doing the aspirin mask about twice a week now and my skin is better then it has been in several years.

Old 01-01-2006, 08:58 AM   #63
    larz9904
    (male)

larz9904 HB User

I used the aspirin mask for the first time two nights ago, and the next day, I broke out more so than usual.

Did anyone else have the same problem?
    Should I be concerned with this initial breakout? Or are the impurities just surfacing?

Also, I intend to apply the mask at least once every other day (maybe even once a day for the first week).

Is anyone else using the mask daily, and what have been the results?

Old 01-02-2006, 05:18 PM   #64
    EllipticalLover
    Inactive
    (female)

EllipticalLover HB User

i'm very excited about the mask..i just bought aspirin today..i hope it works

Old 01-02-2006, 06:19 PM   #65
    TKK3
    (female)

TKK3 HB User

I have been using it with amazing results for 2 months now. I have body acne with very little facial acne. I usually dissolve the aspirin and apply a layer to the affected areas (face, chest, arms, back). I wait for it to dry, which only takes maybe 10 minutes. Then I stand in the shower (with water off) and rub the excess off. I leave the rest on, do not rinse it off or appy anything else. This does leave a thin film of white chaulky substance on my skin, which is slightly annoying, but it works amazingly! I am more clear now than I have been in years and years. Plus it is really cheap! I find I start breaking out again if I miss a time or two. It is a little high maitenance, but very effective! I do this twice a day. Good Luck!!!

Old 01-04-2006, 03:36 AM   #66
    nenaw
    (male)

nenaw HB User

I read this thread yesterday, and this morning I decided to try this aspirin mask, but I'm not sure if I did it right. I think I did.

I put 7 walgreens, non-coated aspirin in a plastic cup, with just a tad bit of water, and kinda mixed it with a plastic fork, the same procedure many people on here have done. The thing is, it like was all ready dry and flaky as I was putting it on my face. It was falling all over the sink as I was applying it. I was able to get a thin layer all over my face, but I thought it would be more pasty and kinda wet, and then it would dry. Is this how it is for everyone? Did I do something wrong?

Old 01-04-2006, 07:04 AM   #67
    VGN
    (male)

VGN HB User

I think I'm going to try this. My acne has been dithering between tolerable and breaking out for the last few months, and I'm due a check up with my doctor next week. Chances are my prescription is going to be changed, so that may mean additional breaking out for a little while ... hopefully this'll alleviate that a bit. I'm supposed to be going to Paris in a few weeks

Last edited by VGN; 01-04-2006 at 07:06 AM.

Old 01-04-2006, 09:40 AM   #68
    Ihaveadream
    (male)

Ihaveadream HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nawsanenawmean
    I read this thread yesterday, and this morning I decided to try this aspirin mask, but I'm not sure if I did it right. I think I did.

I put 7 walgreens, non-coated aspirin in a plastic cup, with just a tad bit of water, and kinda mixed it with a plastic fork, the same procedure many people on here have done. The thing is, it like was all ready dry and flaky as I was putting it on my face. It was falling all over the sink as I was applying it. I was able to get a thin layer all over my face, but I thought it would be more pasty and kinda wet, and then it would dry. Is this how it is for everyone? Did I do something wrong?
    You will have to play with the water to tablet ratios a few times to get it to a decent consistancy. i.e not too runny or it will not stay on your face, not too thick or you will have the problems your having. I cruch the tablets first with the back of a spoon on a chopping board then pour it in a bowl and a t'spoon of water and mix.......

hope that helps

Old 01-04-2006, 10:21 AM   #69
    lindanm
    Inactive

lindanm HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nawsanenawmean

I put 7 walgreens, non-coated aspirin in a plastic cup, with just a tad bit of water, and kinda mixed it with a plastic fork, the same procedure many people on here have done. The thing is, it like was all ready dry and flaky as I was putting it on my face. It was falling all over the sink as I was applying it.
    Try a little more water. Some people add moisturizer or something to help it stick. I would think a little of your regular cleanser should do.

Also, I find it easier to dissolve them in the palm of my hand using my finger to mash them.

You could also use it as a scrub.

Old 01-04-2006, 11:05 AM   #70
    caliente
    Veteran
    (female)

caliente HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lindamm
    Also, I find it easier to dissolve them in the palm of my hand using my finger to mash them.

You could also use it as a scrub.
    i do both of these. works great for me!

Old 01-04-2006, 08:15 PM   #71
    nenaw
    (male)

nenaw HB User

Thanks for the replies. I think I'll try the using my palm procedur, and I may just go ahead and start using the aspirin as a scrub.

Old 01-06-2006, 07:46 PM   #72
    Reina90
    (female)

Reina90 HB User

I've been using the asprin mask for the last 3 nights and haven't noticed much. maybe i should wear it for longer? will keep y'all posted on the results.

Old 01-06-2006, 07:59 PM   #73
    FoodAddictee
    (female)

FoodAddictee HB User

i wear it for 15 min. and then brush off the excess. i wear the powder overnight. it's really working after 3 nights.

Old 01-07-2006, 12:42 AM   #74
    eldergod

eldergod HB User

I've been using it for 4 days now and I must say........

I'm gobsmacked! =D

Old 01-07-2006, 02:09 AM   #75
    nenaw
    (male)

nenaw HB User

I've been doing this for a few days now, and I haven't noticed anything. I'm still waking up with new pimples and I don't really see much of a difference with the redness. I leave the mask on for about 10-15 minutes and just wash it off. I have been washing my face afterwards with my cleanser (I've been using an Aleeve soap bar for the last month). Would this matter? Or would it be better to wash my face first, and then apply the aspirin mask? I've then been following up with some apple cidar vinegar.

Last edited by nenaw; 01-07-2006 at 02:10 AM.

Closed Thread

Tags
    aspirin mask