It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Asprin is a godsend!!!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-25-2006, 08:03 AM   #121
    cookiepls
    Inactive
    (female)

cookiepls HB User
    Re: Asprin is a godsend!!!

Update:
    I've been using the aspirin mask 3 times a week starting the day that it was first posted, and for me, it works well as an exfoliator. Really gives my skin a nice healthy glow. A few weeks is too soon to determine if it's actually doing anything for the little red marks (old acne scars), but I like the way it makes my skin feel.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-25-2006, 11:57 AM   #122
    4eva
    (female)

4eva HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nawsanenawmean
    I was just doing some research on Doxycycline about side effects and what not, and it lists basically the same potential side effects as Accutane, the more serious, and the less serious, such as : severe headache, vision changes, confusion, liver and blood problems, vomiting, diarhea, etc. Then it also goes on to say a lot of other drugs will affect it. I am currently taking a lot of pills and vitamins. I've recently become freakish with that. I just started on the digestive system regime with the Psyllium Husks and Activated Charcoal. I also take Saw Palmetto, Coral Calcium, a Green Tea pill, A thru Zinc vitamin, and Apple Cidar Vinegar pill. I'd probably have to stop all that for awhile if I went on Doxycycline, and I don't want to stop taking the digestive system regime. I need to do that whether it helps my acne or not. Gosh I just don't know what to do, I guess I should just go and tell the doctor what my deal is. Hopefully he or she is kool and understanding and willing to listen.

Beware of doxycycline..it will most likely work, but it stained my teeth

Old 01-25-2006, 07:55 PM   #123
    nenaw
    (male)

nenaw HB User

Oh yeah? That sucks. I decided to skip my dermatologist appointment, so I won't be going on the Doxycycline. I'm just going to stick with this system I'm doing now. In the 7 years I've had acne, nothing has ever worked. Proactiv, Retin-A Micro, Differin, Some other cream with a "cycline" at the end, not to mention all the over the counter products. So I think home remedies are now my last resort. Hopefully this regime does the trick.

Old 01-26-2006, 12:45 PM   #124
    4eva
    (female)

4eva HB User

Yeah it worked...doxycycline that is..but it stained my teeth and I cant really get them fixed unless I dish out $1000- $2000

Old 01-27-2006, 12:15 PM   #125
    DueNApril09
    (female)

DueNApril09 HB User
    Question Re: Asprin is a godsend!!!

I am really excited about trying the asprin mask. however, I do have one question. The asprin that I have is the generic Wal-Mart (Equate) brand and is "micro coated". Will that work, or do I need to buy the Walgreens generic brand; or are all generic brands "micro coated" ? Thanks!

Old 01-27-2006, 12:33 PM   #126
    cookiepls
    Inactive
    (female)

cookiepls HB User

Just look for any brand that doesn't say "coated". Brand doesn't matter.

Old 01-29-2006, 07:07 PM   #127
    nenaw
    (male)

nenaw HB User

How's everybody doing on this system? I think I spoke too soon! I jinxed myself! Just like 4 or so days ago, I said I noticed I was seeing a slow difference, but I'm now having a bad break out!! Has anybody experienced any breakouts with this system? I'm allready going on my third week using the aspirin mask!

Old 04-21-2008, 03:10 PM   #128
    SMT12483
    (female)

SMT12483 HB User

Bringing this post out of retirement...

A few questions: do people do the mask every day? Should I put anything on my face after?

Thanks!

Old 04-22-2008, 04:22 AM   #129
    daphne009
    (female)

daphne009 HB User
    Thumbs down Re: Asprin is a godsend!!!

I didnt care for the aspirin mask. It made my skin feel soft but didnt exfoliate my dead skin that well which is a major issue for me.

Last edited by daphne009; 04-22-2008 at 04:22 AM.

Old 04-22-2008, 09:30 AM   #130
    diannadada
    (female)

diannadada HB User

Today is my first day trying the aspirin mask. Im deciding to give up on Proactive after 3 1/2 years, I still break out but not as bad as I use to. I hope this really works.Proactive is really expensive and I jus picked up Walgreens asprin for only 3 something.. Ill let you's know how it works. Thankz

P.S. Any suggestions on what to wash my face with at night time?

Old 05-02-2008, 09:30 PM   #131
    nolovenoglory
    (female)

nolovenoglory HB User

I also just bought some asprin at walmart today and as i type i have it on, i hope this works well for me too, ill update.

Old 05-02-2008, 09:32 PM   #132
    nolovenoglory
    (female)

nolovenoglory HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by diannadada View Post
    Today is my first day trying the aspirin mask. Im deciding to give up on Proactive after 3 1/2 years, I still break out but not as bad as I use to. I hope this really works.Proactive is really expensive and I jus picked up Walgreens asprin for only 3 something.. Ill let you's know how it works. Thankz

P.S. Any suggestions on what to wash my face with at night time?
    Ive found that cetaphyl is really gentle and non irritating, there is also one for oily skin and one for sensitive skin which is the one i use, there is no doubt that this is a great cleanser it is always always sold out at shoppers drug mart the minute it goes on sale, but i found out that they sell cetaphyl cleansers in 20oz at costco costing 15 dollars for two!! so yea if anyones a fan of cetaphyl take a trip to costco!

Closed Thread

Tags
    aspirin mask