It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• conclusion: MULTI-VITAMINS give ACNE

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-24-2003, 05:13 PM   #1
    Aaron43
    Veteran

Aaron43 HB User
    Post conclusion: MULTI-VITAMINS give ACNE

I have posted this in my other posting "might sound crazy..."

But this IDEA isn't crazy anymore. I have come to relize this for the past couple days and it seems to be TRUE!

Of course, we are all different. It all depends on the individual. But I am speaking with a general state of mind and am sure most of us feel this way. So here it goes:

Some people (men and women) are prone to BAD recations to MULI-VITAMINS. It can very well be the CAUSE or aggravator of the acne.

MULI-VITAMINS have things that our bodies all don't need. Iron is not neccessary to most. And for us acne people, we don't need Iodine nor B12. As for B5, it helps in large amounts, but also gives BREAKOUTS for the first couple weeks if taken in large amounts.

Why would MULTI-VITAMINS give breakouts to some people? Here is the deal:

All the vitamins and minerals in the MULTI don't go together. They are not compatible. Example is the 'iron' and the 'vitamin d.' Together, they produce TOXINS that your liver MAY not be able to handle, thus producing a reaction = acne.

Thats why some nutrition experts will tell you to check WHICH vitamins and minerals your body needs - thus taking ONLY those seperatly. Someone might need Magnessium, Zinc and Antioxidants (vitamins a thru d). While someone might need B6, B5, Copper, and Vitamin C. (remember, each seperately. vitamin a and b in the morning, minerlas at night - kind of schedule) All depends on the body and the nutrition expert.

Taking the FULL multi vitamin all together everyday might cause of more acne. The body tells you: "hey, I have too much 'so and so' in my system."

I am off the MULTI's this week. Guess what. No major new zits. Related? Who knows. (i am also off RETIN-A, somthing that didn't help for the past 14 weeks).

-----------------------------------

Just think NATURALLY. Your body produces any needed vitamins and minerals from food eaten througout the day. Excess in minerals can be harmful. Do you think the ancient civilizations took MULTI-VITAMINS everyday? Who knows, but chances are they didn't.

On the other hand, I still take a daily VITAMIN C pill. Vitamin C is an exception because it passes thru the liver with ease and doesn't stay in the body system. It helps with the immune system, makes blood flow, and helps with heals.

[This message has been edited by Aaron43 (edited 05-24-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2003, 06:41 PM   #2
    joe1234

joe1234 HB User
    eh my skin is better on my multi, just when you stop and start taking it i think your body needs a period to adjust which is like a month

Old 05-24-2003, 07:09 PM   #3
    micheguns
    Senior Veteran

micheguns HB User
    i notice on the days i take a multivitamin (flinstones children's chewables with extra c) i get a big cyst the next day...i am convinced it is the vitamin

Old 05-24-2003, 07:14 PM   #4
    Horus

Horus HB User
    Quote:
    Originally posted by micheguns:
    i notice on the days i take a multivitamin (flinstones children's chewables with extra c) i get a big cyst the next day...i am convinced it is the vitamin
    It's the Dino shaped one that is to blame, not all of the flintstone characters. down with dino!

Old 05-24-2003, 11:58 PM   #5
    Tummy

Tummy HB User
    A lot of people talk about Toxicity causing acne, but Im not a real big believer in much of that. Acne is most always controlled by oil and/or bacteria. Hormones do not cause acne, but cause changes in oil production which can lead to acne. I think people get taken when they try to "detoxify" their body of toxins. Accutane is a toxin and by the theory that acne is caused by toxins in the body, well, its just a theory and almost more urban myth than reality.

With that said its possible Multi vitamins can lead to acne, but not because of the ingredients acting int he body, but the way they affect oil production and blockages.

Old 05-25-2003, 11:30 AM   #6
    EMMANUEL
    Veteran

EMMANUEL HB User
    I agree with what you're saying about eating heathy...people eat way too much processed foods these days. However,I disagree that multi vitamins are bad altogether; there are multi-vitamins that do not contain minerals, or Iodine. My vitamin doesn't contain iron--it can cause a serious disease if you get too much iron, especially in women of meditteranean descent.

I think we're all just looking for that one thing that causes acne, but it's probably a combination of things, and I'm sure it is so relative to the individual.

I'm glad you cleared up, and hope you stay that way

Peace

~*Emma*~

Old 05-25-2003, 11:36 AM   #7
    poreoilyme
    Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
    Just my opinion, but the stopping of the Retin-A would be cause enough for the pimples to have subsided. I really doubt vitamins case acne. Is this all speculation or do you have any actual scholarly evidence to this effect?

Closed Thread