It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• starting accutane- journal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-30-2005, 07:17 AM   #16
    Wmoon24

Wmoon24 HB User
    Re: starting accutane- journal

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lexla
    day 13

At least things are getting better!
    I'm glad things are improving for you already! Your journal has been encouraging so far, I go to the derm tomorrow and I am still so scared of Accutane by I am going to accept it this time. I just hope my initial breakout is early on too, I have a concert to go to at the end of November and I can only hope my skin wont be half as bad as it is right now. And with the holidays approaching, I would like to be able to face family and friends without embarrassment.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2005, 08:15 AM   #17
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

Good luck at your appt. and with starting! So far i am really glad i started it....minus the initial breakout, i love it so far. And its only day 14! I just look forward to the end....because i hear so many ppl that start with horrible skin and walk away with healthy, clear skin! After all we go through....i can't wait! Also, i am glad my journal is encouraging, my derm told me to do one so i could look back in the end, and also share my experience.

Old 10-30-2005, 05:51 PM   #18
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

day 14

well 2 weeks down. lol i guess i hoped i would be farther along for some reason....but i have to realize its only been half of a month. *sigh* so far :

- no dry lips....weird? most ppl i see on accutane have painfully dry lips by now...mine are same as ever. lol maybe i wear too much lip stuff.
    - skin is a little less oilier....not very much, but deff. not instant oil after i take a shower like i used to be
    - breakouts : old ones seem to have mostly dried up/gone away
    : initial breakout somewhat still there....a few on my upper cheeks....and a few on my chin/jaw line...otherwise mostly clogged pores coming out i never knew i had so many.....they are so annoying!!!! and seem to be everywhere

- hair....same as ever lol. using jasons biotin to prevent anything, so far so good!

hope everyones treatment is going well! ill keep updating

Old 10-30-2005, 07:22 PM   #19
    InTheDarkness

InTheDarkness HB User

I loath my lips when I read about yours!

But any rate, I wish you the best of luck, and I'll most definately keep reading your journal.

Old 10-30-2005, 07:47 PM   #20
    Skylo

Skylo HB User

i dont know why.. may be cuz its amnesteem but they only thing tht is dry are my lips.. i mean hopefully its a good effect but im kinda worried tht ther isnt any dring or anything like tht usualy it happens but i hope it wont happen to me i look bad enuff already. but yea good luck with accutane.

Mike

Old 10-30-2005, 07:51 PM   #21
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

thanks for reading!! lol yeah....its weird...i almost want my lips to dry out just so i know its going correctly....but i think its just because i wear a lot of lip balm.

Old 10-31-2005, 05:40 PM   #22
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

Day 15

Not too much new....seeming better....still a few stubborn pimples from initial breakout on my chin and a couple on my upper cheek, and of course those '' plugs '' ....otherwise nothing new.....and still no chapped lips or dry skin really...just less oily. well, ill keep updating as it goes along!

Old 11-01-2005, 12:23 PM   #23
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by lexla
    thanks for reading!! lol yeah....its weird...i almost want my lips to dry out just so i know its going correctly....but i think its just because i wear a lot of lip balm.
    i know exactly what you mean! haha, i am on my second month and my lips have not dried out like a lot of accutane users have described. i have applied lip moisturizer constantly since day one so maybe that is the reason! i was thinking, "uh oh this stuff isnt working!". hey, everyone reacts differently. im greatful that my lips are still in good condition

hope things get even better foryou!

Old 11-01-2005, 03:26 PM   #24
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

lol well im glad to hear someone else has the same ''problem'' as me! I was worried too it wasnt working, but i cant complain that they are not chapped! My skin is getting dry though....oh well, I can deal with dryness in order to get clear skin !

Old 11-01-2005, 03:35 PM   #25
    InTheDarkness

InTheDarkness HB User

Since you are female lexla, I'll forgive you on your 'non-dry' lips. :P

Old 11-02-2005, 08:00 AM   #26
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

day 16

well today is not one of my finer days some of the clogged pores are coming out...which is good...but one pimple i had right near my nose but stil on my cheek decided to come back. it had just gone away and had left a little red mark that i thought would fade soon....nope!! its back and the same size. ugh. on top of that i have 3 in a row on my other cheek that are new. old ones are drying up still fairly well. I guess this is part of the '' bumpy ride'' to clear skin as some people have put it!

Wishing the next 4 1 /2 months went quicker....lol

Old 11-02-2005, 05:41 PM   #27
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

just two weeks into treatment, you're right in the middle of the battlefield! the first month to two months is the hardest for most accutane users. just grit your teeth and stay as strong as you can. the medicine is hard at work for you =)

Last edited by california1; 11-02-2005 at 05:42 PM.

Old 11-02-2005, 07:51 PM   #28
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

thank you for the positive response!! i know... lol 2 weeks only ... ugh but i am excited to see the outcome, and im so glad i am on it!! i cant wait to have skin like i did before birth control!!

Old 11-03-2005, 06:18 PM   #29
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

ok some how im on day 18...but thought it was 17....

at least its not the other way around!

not too much new...that same stubborn pimple by my nose is still there and big as ever...and i have a date tomorrow i thought when it went away the 1st time i wouldnt have to see it again! ugh. and then of course i have a few more on my cheeks in a row and on the other side. at least that can be covered with hair. and of couse, those lovely little ''plugs'' which i think i can only feel and no one can see...but it deff. feels like sand paper when i wash. yuck. i almost used a scrub to see if that would get rid of them, but i guess its better to wait for them to come out on their own, huh?

overall not the best of days

also...has anyone gotten highlights ( hair lol ) while on accutane?? if so ... does it work any differently....and is it ok to get it done? thanks

Old 11-04-2005, 02:14 PM   #30
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

day 19

well today is probably my worst day yet. first of all i have a date..in an hour. lol and today is deff. not one of my better skin days. that one pimple by my nose grew to about the size of a dime...and came to a head. so even though i swore to myself i would not pop any on accutane...i had to. it was just like a mountain. now i have a bloody bruise ugh. and as far as the rest of my face goes...same stuff, ''plugs'' a few old ones going...a few new ones coming. and i guess it doesnt help its that ''time'' of the month.

Closed Thread