It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• starting accutane- journal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-04-2005, 05:14 PM   #31
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User
    Re: starting accutane- journal

gotta be careful! hope you date goes well. remind yourself of the good days ahead!!1

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2005, 10:19 PM   #32
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

day 20

well today wasnt tooooo bad. when i wash my face i can feel less and less of those ''plugs'' each day, so i guess they are slowely coming out. as far as active pimples go...i still have a few on each cheek, and one new one on my jaw line near my ear thats kinda of like a cyst, but i think its just a large pimple, i like to blame a few of those on that feminine time of the month. lol. hopefully that will be gone soon! my mom and dad told me today that it looks much better ( i dont look in the mirror as much as possible...at least untill i have to, i will when im more comfortable) and that things are drying up and my moms exact words were '' i never knew pores could be so invisible! '' wow! i got excited to hear that....i never had large pores, but i had many clogged ones, but now they are all getting nice and tight! i hope that continues.....

also , today i spent the day at school ''spirit'' games...basically the huge games of the season. after all the rainy days we have had, today was the one sunny day....just my luck, huh!? i mean i love the sun. but there was no shade...my face had to be towards the sun for over 2 hours....and i was dying of heat. that cant be good....i was stressing out ( i know i shouldnt) because i was worried that the sweat would cause more acne, or i would get a reaction due to the accutane. anyone on accutane that has been in the sun have a bad reaction, or if nothing happend, let me know please! im a bit worried....

sry for the long entry! and california...thank you, and yes the date went well!

Old 11-06-2005, 05:06 PM   #33
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

day 21

good day! when i wash my face i can feel less and less of those ''plugs'' and bumps...and it seems like all of the pimples i had are drying/scabbing over...yay! hopefully those will go away quickly. as far as dryness...none! really weird huh? i expected to have horribly dry lips and skin by now...but not at all! i have tons of cetaphil moisturizer ready to go but i have no use....is this not a good sign? lol again...i kind of wish i did in a way need lip gloss or aquaphor all the time just so i knew it was working hard. oh well. i wont complain about it lol. also, im using bare minerals makeup and LOVE IT so far!! apparently it does not clog pores so it wont make you break out...and i seriously love the non liqued foundation, that always seemed like it would break me out or feel too heavy. this stuff is great on accutane so far and covers well!

3 weeks down....4 months and a week to go hope everyone's experience is going well!!

Old 11-10-2005, 12:02 AM   #34
    lolitazz
    (male)

lolitazz HB User

Good luck w/ your treatement.

As far as your dosage, I think it's good enough b/c it depends on your weight. I have a friend who had horrible acne, she only took 40mgs and her acne never came back. (And that was at least 5 years ago, if not more)

Old 11-10-2005, 01:10 AM   #35
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

hey lexla, good to see you are showing progress! dryness and chapped lips are still at a minimum for me (knock on wood!). but i still moisturize at night after washing and in the mornings.

lets be thankful, it causes a lot of people problems. and besides, its totally not unusual to be free of these side effects. its happened to many people before us, while at the same time their treatments were very effective.

good luck

Old 11-10-2005, 08:15 AM   #36
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

hey!

sry i havent posted in a few days..my internet has been down.

lets see.....had a derm appt. yest morning, he said it was going great and i have minimal dryness around the mouth which is normal. he actually thought i was on month 2 i actually have about 4-5 days in my 1st month left! so far...slightly dry skin, no dry lips...less oily skin, yay! ... clearer skin, and less ''plugs'' by far. i am very happy so far with the results and cant wait for the next 4 months to be over!

oh, also, i asked if he will be upping the dose at all and he said ''never'' he doesnt recommend having dosages upped during the corse bc it just causes side effects and the same mg does the same thing as a higher dose. i weigh 120 and am on 40 mg for the entire 5 months then. anyone else have this? i guess im glad i wont have any more initial side effects!

hope its going well for everyone!

Old 11-10-2005, 08:21 AM   #37
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

And thanks to california1 and lolitazz for the positive posts and good news!

California- glad to hear its going well for you and the side effects for you are minimal also!

lolitazz- thanks for the post! that deff. makes me feel better about the dosage

Old 11-11-2005, 06:34 PM   #38
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

today was pretty good...still have about 3 active pimples on each cheek and 2 or 3 on my chin...nothing im going to freak out over since it is only the end of my 1st month. deff. better though

has anyone missed a dose or taken it at the wrong time? has that changed/made things worse? i take mine with dinner everyday and today almost washed it down the drain...i did take it. but it was soggy ... still whole and nothing coming out, but deffinetly squishy. i hope this wont effect anything in a negative way.

hope its going well for everyone!

Old 11-12-2005, 07:08 AM   #39
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

todays already not looking to great i actually looked at myself this morning...bad idea...im used to seeing even clear skin but deff. nooooot now. it is better than when i started accutane., but i had about 4 whiteheads oh just one side of my chin, a few on my upper cheeks and 1-2 on my jaw and i have more blackheads than i ever have it seems. are these just all the ones coming out?? i hope so....and of course i have red marks from where my pimples were on my cheeks. im so bummed today, ive gone through this way too many times now

Old 11-14-2005, 08:24 AM   #40
    lolitazz
    (male)

lolitazz HB User

I know it's tough but it will clear up. I think that's the toughest part of taking this medicine, the initial breakouts when you're skin is so sensitive. If it wasn't because we all know that accutane has helped a lot of people, we probably would all have quit by now. Around my 30th day, I had the ugliest bumps. I looked like an alien. They were huge. But they're all gone.

Old 11-14-2005, 08:30 AM   #41
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

Thanks for that I deffinetly needed that! It is tough to see bumps coming up and red marks staying behind... but yes, i need to keep in mind i just started my 2nd month...so i guess this is all normal. Thanks again!

Old 11-14-2005, 10:53 AM   #42
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

keep your head up, when this blows over you will be prettyyyyyyyyyyy happy. i was feeling the same way, trust me i know whats up!

Old 11-14-2005, 12:28 PM   #43
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

Thanks I know there are going to be rough patches...I think i almsot get more down on those red ''reminders'' spots that get left behind. If those went away it would be much easier. Oh well, a few more months and hopefully i will be in the 90% of clear skin from accutane. I sure cant go throuh another cycle of breakouts again. I dont think i have the self esteem left for another. Thanks for the positive posts! I'll keep posting the progress throughout~

Old 11-15-2005, 05:20 PM   #44
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

again not the greatest of days still have active pimples on my cheeks and sides of chin...and those ajkdakff plugs. lol. that would be in place of a bad word. i actually got up close and personal to see the progress today...and *gently* squeezed ( with a tissue) out 4 blackheads near my nose. they were half out and black as night....i couldnt stand it. i know not to fiddle with the skin while on accutane, but i couldnt help it...they stood out horribly and came out easily. should i worry about this now?? has anyone gently squeezed out blackheads or whiteheads on accutane and had bad outcomes later on? lol i get so worried... im deff swearing to not do it again throughout my course.

ill continue the updates! hope everythings going well

Old 11-17-2005, 10:59 AM   #45
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

hey, i dont think it should be aproblem that you helped some of those blackheads out. just need to be careful about damaging your skin when u squeeze if the accutane has made your tissue fragile. but in the end, you should probably just maintain things the best you can without interupting the natural cycle of things. there are exceptions, but for the most part its safest to let it be.

Last edited by california1; 11-17-2005 at 11:14 AM.

Closed Thread