It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• starting accutane- journal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-17-2005, 01:41 PM   #46
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User
    Re: starting accutane- journal

Thanks california I told myself to not touch my face again during treatment and just let it do its thing.

Day 32

Lips are a bit more dry...not horrible , but enough to want some lip balm on. Not as much oil as at all on my face , even when i work out and sweat ... theres barely and oil afterwards! As far as the rest- still have active pimples coming and going, it may be a littttttle better but not by much yet. Still have more blackheads and plugs coming up and hope they go away soon....anyone that has completed accutane or is later in the course, when did you notice the blackheads and that sort of stuff going away?

Not much else...a bit more tired lately, possibly from the medicine? overall im still in one piece and in good spirits

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2005, 03:42 PM   #47
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

Well today is about day 35...somewhere about that...and its going well! All of the 'plugs' on my forehead and nose are GONE! it is sooo smooth, minus the rare pimple on my forehead....oh well, im not going to go beserk over that. As for the rest is seems better, again i try not to look but it is much smoother when i wash, and my cheeks seem to be getting better. My chin ( mainly sides of ) still have a few but deff. is better. Overall its a good day! I hope i didnt just jinx myself! lol

Last edited by lexla; 11-20-2005 at 03:44 PM.

Old 11-20-2005, 05:06 PM   #48
    jamie451
    (female)

jamie451 HB User

wow im so happy for you that things are going great! I have not tried accutane yet, but i am thinking about it all the time. Im just a bit scared you know? But reading this journal really helps. I hope things keep going well for you.
    Im actually on doxycycline right now and i had the same initial break out as you, like on the neck! I totally freaked lol. But i stuck with it and now im so proud i did. Anyway if this doesnt help me then i will seriously consider ac****ane. Thankyou! And goodluck! I will keep on checking your journal =)

Old 11-20-2005, 05:30 PM   #49
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

Thanks so much! Im glad im finally seeing progress too.... i just have to keep telling myself its only a little over a month in. Good luck on doxycycline...i hope it works for you too! Deff. keep me updated on your progress. And thank you for reading my journal...im glad ppl are actually reading and enjoying it!

Old 11-20-2005, 11:31 PM   #50
    giiiii21
    (female)

giiiii21 HB User

Hi,
    I'm also starting accutane and i am just curious of the process! How tall are you and how much do you weigh? and also what is your dosage? (sorry if you already answered it somewhere in your post). I'm going to start accutane in 4 days on a 60gm dosage per day for 5-6months. I also have pcos and wondering if yasmin (birth control pill) is okay and won't interuppt the accutane process? I'm going to start these at the same time.. as i am a first time user for both.

Thanks~~

Old 11-20-2005, 11:45 PM   #51
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User

woo hoo! good results rock

Old 11-21-2005, 08:21 AM   #52
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

They sure do! Hope yours is going well!

Old 11-24-2005, 08:52 AM   #53
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

Ok so that good day came and went. lol . Back to the not so good. More active pimples on my cheeks and now i have a few along my jawline/right under! Nothing huge, but scary to have them there now My chin is a lot better and that was my worst for awhile. I only have about 1 or 2 left there, with some marks left from where the rest were. But my cheeks ugh. I guess its not horrible, but i have probably 8 or 9 all together on my cheeks. I had to pop 2 out this morning...they were absoultely disgusting and both of them were at a very large head, so they easily came out. I just couldnt go to dinner with 2 huge whitehead zits at the same point on each cheek....yes, they were like a reflection, same exact spot. ugh this all sucks. My derm said to hold on and the results will really show by the end of the 2nd month....soooo that leaves a little over 2 weeks...i hope i see it by then. Hope its all going well with everyone!

Also, random question, but has anyone else noticed those zit removal commercials ( i wont name the brands ) where they use ppl with perfect skin ?? and they are staring in a mirror in broad daylight saying '' oh no i have a pimple!''?? for some reason i see it as kind of rude...since they obviously dont have a problem. idk lol maybe thats just me!

Old 11-24-2005, 11:48 AM   #54
    kdogg
    (male)

kdogg HB User

hey im with you...im like 3 weeks away from my second month aswell. Infact my doctor told me that i should even expect results till after the second month, however ive seen some results already. It sucks though when you get that one good day and then you start to fill better and next thing you know.....a few pop back up and then your frusterated again! I really do think though that after the 2nd month things really start goin uphill....sooo......just hang in there and keep tellin yourself, like i do, ive waited soo long and finally i only have a few weeks left of this crap.

Old 11-24-2005, 11:52 AM   #55
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

Thank you I needed that today , Happy Thanksgiving!

Old 11-24-2005, 07:47 PM   #56
    jamie451
    (female)

jamie451 HB User

ok im glad to see that you guys are still breaking out after 1 month, me too! I am telling myself that two months atleast is a good idea. I had the same thing where i thought "ok, they're going away its strting to work! lol" but then i started getting more little whiteheads (they are so yuck!) and i still get a few each day. But im holding on for 2 months for sure, even after that. Ive come this far, the beginning was wayy worse i think ic an stick it out and hope for some really nice results! And i hope we ALL get to have nice skin!

Old 11-25-2005, 07:04 AM   #57
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

Haha that made me laugh.... the '' im glad you guys are still breaking out after 1 month part''.... lol that was amusing to me. Yes unfortunatly so lol. I swear ppl are right when they say it is a rollercoaster. Now i know why! It better today minus the fact i still have a couple on my chin and cheeks and a few '' regular '' pimples under my jaw . ugh thats a new area and very scary to have them there im still mad at myself for having to pop ( carefullly!) the 2 big ones yesterday but i just could not go to thanksgiving with those things...just gross. they are flat today, minus the almost brown spot/scab where they were 3 1/2 months.....3 1/2 months.....lol

Old 11-25-2005, 09:55 AM   #58
    kdogg
    (male)

kdogg HB User

yeah thats true...... this is definately a rollercoaster lol!! and i like rollercoasters too....but im not gonna lie, this ONE SUCKS! haha

Old 11-25-2005, 12:20 PM   #59
    kdogg
    (male)

kdogg HB User

hey one other question.....
    do you guys use anything to speed up recovery of zits that you have popped or that have come and gone?? just curious becuz it seems like recovery takes forever when on accutane.

Old 11-25-2005, 12:41 PM   #60
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

i used to use BP but now that im on accutane my derm said no to that. i havent used anything to speed up the healing except i wash afterwards....i know it does take longer i guess i can deal as long as it works in the end. * i hope *

Closed Thread