It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• starting accutane- journal

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-25-2005, 01:06 PM   #61
    california1
    (male)

california1 HB User
    Re: starting accutane- journal

speed up the healing with neosporin

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-25-2005, 02:28 PM   #62
    kdogg
    (male)

kdogg HB User

k....but that wont clogg pores??

Old 11-25-2005, 10:30 PM   #63
    jamie451
    (female)

jamie451 HB User

do you need a prescription for neosporin? If not, where do you get it from, chemist? Ive never heard of it but willing to try. I currently dont use anything to speed up the healing but i do use a lotion my doctor prescribed me once or twice a week its called Dalacin T. Im not sure if it does anything for me though. I'll try to take note from now on.
    Its been 5 weeks & 2 days for me now. I am still getting new whiteheads, they are so darn annoying!! On my neck of all places, ugh. I also get them at the sides of my mouth for some reason, also annoying. Today i actually notice a bit of improvement, my forehead is a bit better as well as my cheeks and chin. But nowhere near perfect. But i am really starting to belive that by two months we'll all have great faces It sucks cause as soon as i started taking these drugs ive had to do all these things and go to al these places and stuff! How typical! :P Next saturday night i am supposed to be going out with friends, i hope my skin is doing ok by then! Eep.
    About the popping, dont worry lexla, i pop some of mine too, they just look so ugly. But thats only if im going somewhere, if im just at home i could care less lol.
    ok enough from me Hope everyones doing ok!

Old 11-26-2005, 06:24 AM   #64
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

I know what u mean! Everytime there is somewhere special or important to go...BAM....new pimples. oh well, i like to think of all of the '' bad'' stuff is coming out in the first 2 months and then it will start to heal/improve. I hope i dont jinx myself throughout this! lol . i dont think you need a prescription for neosproin. I am pretty sure its just on the shelves with all the topicals at local drug and grocery stores. im curious too though if it will clog pores.

Old 11-26-2005, 09:22 AM   #65
    kdogg
    (male)

kdogg HB User

yeah it just seemed kinda thick and greasy...and of course, the last thing we all want here is clogged pores lol. you can pick it up though at just about any store...i think its in a little white and yellow tube. i think whats frusterating about accutane for me is i get randon breakouts in places i have never had a breakout my whole life. im just like hmmmm this sucks....but its ok....a couple weeks from the second month baby!!!

Old 11-26-2005, 11:07 AM   #66
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

exactly. my main areas were sides of chin and tops of cheeks...now i have a few on the sides of my cheeks and under jaw. weird. but like you said, few more weeks til the 2nd month i just wish those red marks wouldnt be there thats the main thing thats getting me right now...if those werent there i think i would be sooo much happier. i hope those go away over the course.

hope alls going well for everyone else!

Old 11-26-2005, 02:06 PM   #67
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

also, any good ways to stop washing so much?? that is my personal biggest struggle as far as what i can stop/improve myself so far....i shower when i wake up , once in the afternoon after i work out/go out with makeup...and then take a bath at night.... i know its too much and should only be 1-2 times a day, any ideas/others that have done this/ ? its hard to cut back b/c i feel like the oil builds up....all those years of habit lol . thanks!

Old 11-26-2005, 05:16 PM   #68
    jamie451
    (female)

jamie451 HB User

Hmm, i dont know i only have a bath at my house so i usually take one a night and thats all. Is it really that bad for your skin, the ammount your washing it? So long as you're gentle..
    Im loving how we're all pretty much getting to 2 months at the same time. Easier to compare and share hehe. Actually today i woke up and i actually noticed a big improvement! The marks from my initial breakout (mainly mouth area) are really starting to fade away. Faster than i expected, i dunno why. But its great! I also only have 3 new teeny tiny whiteheads. I hope this keeps up! Hopefully it isnt another false alarm heh.

Old 11-26-2005, 11:01 PM   #69
    jamie451
    (female)

jamie451 HB User

it sucks that we're not looking great yet, but the time has gone pretty fast wouldnt you say? Hopefully its all worth it in the end.

I hope it starts there! lol. I hope none of the marks on my face are permanent scars. Hope they all fade away eventually.

Oh also, i meant to ask you, do you thik its okay to drink alcohol occasionally? Im not a huge drinker but every blue moon i lie going out and drinking! I hope i still can. Should have talked to my doctor about it. Its weird but my dr. didnt tell me about any of the side effects or anything! Thank god i looked it all up on the internet and then found this forum! I love it here, it keeps me sain i think! lol.

Old 11-27-2005, 02:57 AM   #70
    kdogg
    (male)

kdogg HB User

drinking isnt a good idea...it taxes the liver even more and accutane is already harsh on the liver. Its your call but my dr. made it very clear that i cannot drink while on my course, besides i would hate to put that much stress on my liver. it sux i know!! all the holidays and all the parties goin on, everyone drinking and havin a good time, sometimes i still think of how crazy it is what we go through just to have clear skin or another words have beauty. but ive gone thru soo much already that i dont care what else i havta to do to get my goal(clear skin)! amen lol

Old 11-27-2005, 07:58 AM   #71
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

Yeah, i wouldnt try it just because i dont want my liver to be like '' why are you doing this to me?? '' lol.... i think its ok to do, my derm never said anything about it either, but i dont think its good to do it a lot...once in a blue moon i think is fine, ive read other journals of ppl on accutane and they had gone out a few times over their course, just if you do dont go around the time you get your blood work done! lol so yeah, as long as its once in a blue moon like you said i think its fine, but if your blood tests come back and your liver is stressing at all then prob the best bet is to wait until after. And yea i hope none of the scars /marks are permenent too! I dont have any uneveness, just red spots where the pimples were and i hope they go away over the course/soon afterwards!

Old 11-27-2005, 11:51 PM   #72
    jamie451
    (female)

jamie451 HB User

thanks, im going to drink a little, i just wont go overboard ( i never do anyway). Its a very rare thing for me i was just stressing about it a bit lol.

Im also going to be trying that aspirin mask thingy idea thats on one of the boards here. Sounds like a good idea. Ive got some clogged pores on my nose so hopefully it helps those I'll let yas know how it goes anyway!

Old 11-28-2005, 06:04 AM   #73
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

Hey!

Yeah, i dont think everyone once in awhile drinking is bad, i did look at my box yest and it did say no alcoholic beverages to be taken with this course on it...but again, ive seen many ppl that have gone out and had a few and been ok.

The asprin thing sounds good, good luck! I'm almost afraid to try it even though it sounds great, i just dont want to mess anything up, but i hope it works for u!

Day...43? i think lol

eh. not great, still have active pimples and less oil , but no dryness. i hope this all changes soon

Old 11-28-2005, 01:42 PM   #74
    kdogg
    (male)

kdogg HB User

i tried the asprin mask and liked it...however i wouldnt recommend it while on accutane becuz it is soo drying..basically its a high strengh of salsylic acid. but if you do try it let us know how it works....

hey lex what is your dose of tane?? jus curious? im at 40 mg twice a day.

Old 11-28-2005, 03:25 PM   #75
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

im on 40 mg a day ( one pill ) for the whole 5 months, my derm said switching it up would just make me break out each time and 40 would do the same as any other dose. so i guess thats a good thing!? lol

Closed Thread