It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• yasmin, diane 35..bcp related questions....

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-24-2003, 10:41 PM   #1
    redheadslu

redheadslu HB User
    Post yasmin, diane 35..bcp related questions....

okay, so I've taken Diane 35 for over a year and then over two or three months ago(can't remember exact date), decided to stop and *see what happens*......

for a long time now I've had tons of blackheads on my nose (while on diane as well). they're still on my nose, regardless. so i read a little about yasmin, which is a very similar bcp. is it too similar? is it the same thing?

I have a few boxes of diane left, but i was wondering before I go back on it, if I should try yasmin instead? It seems to be more expensive, is that correct? Do you think it would clear up my blackheads any better than Diane? Or what should I do? I don't get whiteheads or cysts anymore, but is that b/c diane's still in my system even though I've been off it for 2+ months?

Please give me advice on as many questions as you can! I REALLY appreciate it! Thanks..........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-25-2003, 01:30 AM   #2
    TimDream
    Veteran

TimDream HB User
    Lightbulb

I believe that Diane-35 and Yasmin are *very* similar.

I've never heard of Yasmin helping with blackheads. The types of acne that is usually hormonal are cysts and whiteheads, especially around the mouth/chin/jaw area. This is where BCPs really make a difference. Blackheads are very minor and are usually due to clogged pores, not hormones.

Have you tried a BHA (beta hydroxy acid) product like Paula's Choice? These help tremendously with blackheads because they penetrate and clean out the pores.

Consider yourself lucky that you were able to get off of Diane-35 for 2+ months and have not had a breakout! It could be that the hormones are still lingering in your system. Give it 3 months. If you are still clear then, then I think it will be time for you to celebrate with assurance!!

Hope this helps some.

Old 05-25-2003, 08:08 AM   #3
    poreoilyme
    Senior Veteran

poreoilyme HB User
    I agree with TimDream about the BHA for blackheads. Nothing else works as well for them. You might want to start with the l% cream. While less strong than the 2% it is less irritating and still works very well. You need to use it consistently to see results. I always follow up with Benzoyl Peroxide on top after waiting a few minutes for the BHA to sink in.

Old 05-25-2003, 11:43 AM   #4
    redheadslu

redheadslu HB User
    thanks so much for responding! I typed this up b/c I was stressing out very late last night, and now that I think about it, I've been off Diane 35 since February.......

wow *crosses fingers* that would be four months of me not getting whiteheads or cysts? Well, I think I did break out a tad at first, but that was awhile ago.

I had no clue that blackheads weren't horomonal. I've tried different creams, such as differin (didn't work) and currently I'm using Retin A....hasn't helped yet. is Paula's Choice otc? Or how would I go about getting it? I'd love to try it b/c just my nose is lierally covered in blackheads. If people get too close to me, it looks disgusting. Could be worse, I know, but stil......

Old 05-25-2003, 02:16 PM   #5
    MiamiBarbie

MiamiBarbie HB User
    After I stopped taking Diane-35 I broke out like an idiot and I took it also to take care of my cysts. It only made them larger and I gained 10 pounds. However, now I am taking Yasmin, because Diane is not available in the USA and no weight gain, no new zits. I've been on it for about a month, but the yucky brown goop that replaced my period...is very interesting. Anyhow, Yasmin works better for me than Diane, because it has a Diurhetic in it, which makes you not retain excess water like Dianne did for me. (it took me six months to get rid of it), not to mention the anxiety attacks. Dianne is a stronger pill than yasmin by the way... With yasmin...no breast tenderness like with Diane...
    Try Yasmin...you will not be dissappointed. Good luck.

Old 05-25-2003, 11:32 PM   #6
    redheadslu

redheadslu HB User
    well to be honest, gaining weight doesn't really bug me b/c i'm already a skinny girl..although it would be nice if my boobs grew a little, hehe.

for the most part, i'm just concerned about my skin. so i guess w/ that respect, yasmin would be the same as diane? Right now I'm going to look up the paula's choice stuff.....

Closed Thread