It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• My face is a train wreck.

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-27-2005, 02:39 PM   #1
    KaraKaraKara
    (female)

KaraKaraKara HB User
    Angry My face is a train wreck.

My face has allways looked terrible, pimples everywhere. And I don't think they are "normal" pimples, because they come up from under my skin and are filled with puss, its almost like they are valcano's coming up to the surface, and when the arrupt, its gross. Also, my face is so oily, it begins to shine minutes from washing my face. For awhile, I was steaming my face 2 times a week, which helped some, but with my busy schedual I can't really keep up with it. I've seen many dermatologists, and the meds they give me cause me to dry up, or arn't strong enough, and its like I "adapt" to the pills. They only work at first. Does anyone experience this? I'm older now, and my pimples are probably as bad or worse then when I was younger. Most of my pimples are below my mouth; on my chin or in the crevaces there. I have scars galore. I also don't wear any make up, I think that when I DID wear makeup, my pimples were less severe.

1. Does anyone else have these problems? (big, massive, painful under-skin zits?)

2. Are there ways and meds to decrease oil production?

3. Any QUICK home remedies that help?

4. What gets rid of scars?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2005, 02:51 PM   #2
    Skylo

Skylo HB User
    Re: My face is a train wreck.

o i know wat u mean with the underskin zitthercalled cysts or sumthing liek tht i have somuch of them tht when i sleep on the side of my face the pillow would be filled with blood spots and it would hurt for me to lay my head on the pillow now thos r alomost gone thnx to amnesteem. i still have them but ther not swollen anymore i can finally tuch mu face and now i can see tht my skin is becoming smoother but the red area where the cysts were is red and and its stiff. but i have an derm meeting tomarrow about amnesteem so ill c wat she tells me wat i have going on. buthey try accutane or amnesteem, ther both the same( thts wat i was told) but i defently feel ur pain and just dont let it bring u down. good luck

Mike

Old 10-28-2005, 04:54 PM   #3
    luvsun24
    (female)

luvsun24 HB User

I am in agreement about the makeup. For me, it doesn't really matter. It breaks out either way. You would have to not wear makeup for a long time to be able to tell for sure. I quit wearing it at the beginning of the summer, but also started spironolactone (which inhibits the hormones from reaching the surface of the skin). I also had just previously taken a detox system (which broke my skin out like crazy). But all that breaking out brings a reward at the end. Like a miracle from God, my skin got really clear. After about two months of heaven, everything went bad. I broke out like crazy again. My theory, My body became immune to the spironolactone and by two months, I had put enough sugar toxins back into my system that it propelled me into zitworld again. It is a daily battle, but I think hormones are the real culprit. The hormones are upped by certain foods and stress. I wish you luck. I know how frustrating it can be.

Old 10-28-2005, 09:01 PM   #4
    rumjunglegurl
    (female)

rumjunglegurl HB User

My face is just the same way. I have a oil production problem for sure. A half hour after washing my face or what not my skin is so shiny and looks wet. I have to dab it off so many times during the day. I believe if i could stop oil production my face would be so much better. That's what Accutane does I guess. I was on that for about 7 months or so. My face was better than it is right now, but it wasn't clear. Def got the oil under control though. It sucks b/c I dont want to mess with pills and drugs internally to stop oil production because that throws everything off it seems and can cause other side effects. I'm hoping with time things change. But it has been about 6 years now with skin like this. Oh well...life goes on....

Closed Thread