It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Drugs and Accutane

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-29-2005, 10:58 PM   #1
    JoeJoe01

JoeJoe01 HB User
    Drugs and Accutane

Does anyone know if someone uses cocaine and takes Accutane at the same time that it aggravates the acne or even stops the Accutane from working? This person I know uses cocaine probably every 2-3 weeks when he parties, and every time he wakes up the next day with lots of new acne. He also usually parties till 7am during that one night.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2005, 11:02 PM   #2
    randysavage
    (male)

randysavage HB User
    Re: Drugs and Accutane

hahaha this "friend" of yours should just stop doing coke. bad in a lot ways worse than skin

Old 10-29-2005, 11:47 PM   #3
    JoeJoe01

JoeJoe01 HB User

Well this person just does it for fun but is very careful with it. Also he only does it every 2-3 weeks when he goes out, just wondering if it is causing him to break out even more, or is it still from the initial breakout from Accutane. Anyone have any hard facts that could answer my question. Thank you

Old 10-30-2005, 12:21 AM   #4
    amy2705
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

amy2705 HB User

First, if your friend is using coke every 2 weeks "for fun", he's got bigger problems than acne. But ... that having been said,

Second, yes, coke will probably make acne worse (with or without the accutane). Sorry I don't have any hard facts for you ... but "acne blisters" are a common side effect of coke use. Do a web search for "acne blisters cocaine" and I'm sure you can read all about it.

Third, regardless of acne, addiction, and all the other nasty coke-related issues ... that I won't bother lecturing you ... err... your friend about, it's not a very smart idea to mix accutane with coke because 1) your liver is already under enough stress with the accutane, and 2) coke use leaves people anxious and depressed inthe long run ... maybe not such a good idea just incase that accutane/depression link actually exists. Seems like a pretty dumb risk for someone who's just out to have a laugh every couple of weeks. I'm sure that your friend can expand his definition of "fun" just a bit further than bi-weekly coke use.

Given the risks, it seems that only someone with a serious problem would chose to keep using coke while on accutane.

P.S. If none of the above is persuasive, maybe your friend should also consider the issue of the blood screening tests done while on accutane. Don't think your friend can look forward to the people with the results saying "ohhhhh, you only use it every couple of weeks. No worries then. See you next time."

Closed Thread