HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Acne (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acne/)
-   -   Will microdermabrasion get rid of all the little bumps under my skin? (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/acne/341227-will-microdermabrasion-get-rid-all-little-bumps-under-my-skin.html)

Marie79 11-14-2005 04:54 PM

Will microdermabrasion get rid of all the little bumps under my skin?

I searched through a ton of old microdermabrasion posts and didn't see my question addressed. Most people seem to be attempting to lessen or get rid of acne SCARS through microdermabrasion.

My question is, I have no scars, but a bunch of little bumps underneath my skin that I'd like to get rid of and smooth out. I just had a facial the other day, and the esthetician told me I don't really have "acne" (no zits or pimples), just clogged pores that are resulting in the little bumps.

She recommended a microdermabrasion treatment to get rid of these bumps. But at $120 for the treatment, I am very hesitant.

Is this worth it?

Should I start out with a home microdermabrasion kit instead?

Thank you for any help!

willowb 11-14-2005 05:14 PM

Re: Will microdermabrasion get rid of all the little bumps under my skin?

please dont quote me, but i dont think so...i have the same thing!!!!!!!! you can only really see them when you pull the skin tight...my derm says its a type of blackhead...with out the acctual blackhead. its a clogged pore. what you need to look into is a procedure called extraction. you have it done at the derm. office. they take a little tool and litterally squeeze all of them out. its better to have them do it than to try to squeeze them yourself because they get to the core with this little tool. when we squeeze we only get whats close to the surface. its kinda painful, i had it done years ago as a teen. but it really makes a difference. they then clean your face and what not, so you dont get any infections. i need to get it done again myself...you should look into it, the pain is tollerable. hope this helps!

W

waterlily 11-14-2005 10:27 PM

Microdermabrasion definitely helps with the little bumps. Start out with a home kit. Or you can use a 2% BHA or salicylic acid product.

FusionAmber 11-15-2005 12:18 AM

I had this problem too, and a series of microderms at my Derms office didn't get rid of it, extractions at the derm's office didn't get rid of it.. The only thing that got rid of those bumps and gave me smooth skin again is benzoyl peroxide. I use a 2.5% cream twice a day followed by a moisturizer and my skin is so smooth that people often comment on my creamy complexion! If only they knew!

Marie79 11-19-2005 03:54 PM

FusionAmber,

What brand of cream do you use with the Benzoyl in it? I am willing to try that!

I bought the L'Oreal home microdermabrasion kit and have used it twice so far, but yet to see any real difference in my opinion.

FusionAmber 11-19-2005 04:37 PM

I use neotrogena on-the-spot 2.5% BP. I use it all over my face, especially concentrating on the bumpy areas. You have to start out slow though, only using it once a day and a small amount. Eventually building up to twice a day and a larger amount. My face has never looked so good.

Marie79 11-19-2005 04:55 PM

I will look for it! Thanks!