It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Aspirin updates

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-17-2005, 09:37 AM   #1
    Username:
    (female)

Username: HB User
    Aspirin updates

So I've used aspirin in the past and for some reason stopped using it but was reinspired to give it a try after reading some recent posts here...

I don't have cystic acne, just small whiteheads around the chin area. They've been so persistant in the last few months and the marks have been driving me crazy. Each day a new one would appear, go away and the next day 3 more, etc. I've tried everything but finally the aspirin has kept them from erupting.

For the last 2 weeks I've applied the aspirin mask every second or third day and I've seen a dramatic decrease. I'm hoping this will keep up.

Anyone else have aspirin updates?

PS - It seems like taking them internally would help as well, anyone else?

Last edited by Username:; 11-17-2005 at 09:39 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2005, 10:51 AM   #2
    thick skin

thick skin HB User
    Re: Aspirin updates

I tried the aspirin mask for the first time this week after reading about it on this board. I wish I had discovered this years ago! I had two very red, raised pimples that calmed significantly following the mask. They did not look nearly as red as before the mask. Also, I found that my pores looked smaller, and that some marks that I have on my skin from old blemishes seemed to have faded a bit. I am going to do this mask again tonight. I hope that doing it three times a week will help not only any acne, but the hyperpigmentation that has remained as a result.

Old 11-17-2005, 05:19 PM   #3
    nessagrl
    (female)

nessagrl HB User

do you put the mask all over your face or just on the prob areas? is it supposed to be liquidy or more of a exfoliating feel? thanks!

Old 11-17-2005, 11:31 PM   #4
    thick skin

thick skin HB User

I just did the mask again tonight. I love it! I do put it all over my face, except eye area of course. I don't mash up the aspirin all the way to liquid form. When I put it on my face, it is more granular. I have oily and sensitive skin, but this doesn't seem to irritate it, and it really helps with the oil. My skin is so matte and smoothe looking immediately afterwards. I can also see the exfoliating effects taking place. I had a little scab form from a pimple of last week. After the mask, the scab easily came right off as I washed off the mask.

My skin seems quite tight afterwards. I follow the mask with pure aloe vera gel, then a retinol cream by Neutrogena. This seems to add some moisture back in.

Old 11-18-2005, 07:17 AM   #5
    cntrygal75
    (female)

cntrygal75 HB User

I ran across this board just this week and have found many interesting remedies. After reading about the asprin mask, I decided to give it a try. I have oily skin and had bad acne as a teenager. I have some big pores that I hate! I am 30 now and still get blackheads, pimples and cysts once a month. I have tried a lot of different products and honestly I have to say this is the best, cheapest method I have found. I just started the mask this week. I have put it on my face three times. It has taken the redness out of my skin. Reduced breakouts and helped heal the monster zits as I call them, I had. I thought that it might dry out my skin but it hasn't. I can truly tell a difference. I will continue to use this mask and tell all of my friends about it. It is the cheapest fix I have found. Hopefully it will reduce my pores after I use it a little longer.
    Thanks for all of the great advice on this board. It is very helpful!

Old 11-18-2005, 11:28 AM   #6
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

I have bought another huge canister after my one little test one ran out.. I love aspirin!! It's so gentle on your skin and exfoliates so nicely!! I've never heard one bad thing said about it which is amazing since you usually get at least a few people who have had negative experiences with different acne solutions.

I think my favourite part is when it comes off your face.... when it's on i sneeze a lot and at first i thoguth there is no way this is not gonna dry my skin and work.

However once it comes on within minutes your face just feels so smooth and refreshed and far from dry. It feels like a normal person without oily skins skin should feel like lol......big thumbs up to aspirin

Old 11-23-2005, 09:04 AM   #7
    Username:
    (female)

Username: HB User

Well after a few weeks of applying the mask every 3 days I'm still happy. Right after the mask my skin glows and by the third day it starts to break out again. I'm afraid of becoming dependant but it's addicting, having clear skin immediately.

I am a bit concerned however with what the long term affects are, side effects? Who knows..

Old 11-23-2005, 11:33 AM   #8
    sandaws
    (female)

sandaws HB User

I have tried the aspirin mask twice now and so far I really like it. My face just feels smoother and my spots appear less red. I'm definitely going to include this in my daily routine and see if it will continue to help. I'm so happy to have found out about this cheap mask!!

Closed Thread