It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Reducing Facial Pore Size

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-19-2005, 07:25 PM   #1
    nick1231980
    (male)

nick1231980 HB User
    Reducing Facial Pore Size

I was wondering if there are any good products out there that would drastically reduce the size of my facial pores. I have excessive large facial pores near by cheeks. Does anyone know of any procedure that would also permantly reduce the size of my facial pores.

Nick

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2005, 09:52 PM   #2
    FusionAmber
    (female)

FusionAmber HB User
    Re: Reducing Facial Pore Size

You can't change your pore size, but I think witch hazel toner helps them appear smaller.

Old 11-19-2005, 09:58 PM   #3
    jamie451
    (female)

jamie451 HB User

Also after washing your face it might help to splash it with really cold water to help re-close the pores.

Old 11-20-2005, 08:26 AM   #4
    ErimusValidus
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

ErimusValidus HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FusionAmber
    You can't change your pore size, but I think witch hazel toner helps them appear smaller.
    Damaged pores become larger than undamaged once. Hence, your pores can get bigger. And, yes - contrary to what a dermatologist once told me - you can reduce them back down I have been meaning to start a thread about Glyocic Acid for a while now because I have experienced such success with it.

My forehead, in particular, was awash with gaping pores which, upon close inspection, look like hundreds of tiny holes of pinprick size. Healthy pores don't look like this! I have been applying 30% concentration glycolic acid for about three months now and the results have been astonishing.

Not only have the majority of the damaged pores shrunk down to size but old red marks from cysts and scars from where I foolishy picked are fading rapidly. However, I do not recommend applying glycolic acid to active acne

A good price for glycolic acid online is 16/$28 (including postage) for three 30ml bottles in concentrations of 30%, 40%, 50%. I can't say where exactly this can be bought but use your imagination

Old 11-20-2005, 06:20 PM   #5
    katie_2005
    (female)

katie_2005 HB User

In this book I'm reading it says that egg white temporarily redues pore size and wrinkles (it works for about 2 hours). An hour or so before you go out, wash your face and beat up 2 egg whites into a meringue (until they are stiff). Apply the egg whites over your face and leave on for 20-30mins. Then rinse off with cool water (not hot or you'll end up with scrambled eggs!), pat dry and put on your makeup.

I am yet to test thsi! But it says in the book i'm reading that those pore minimizers only work for 2 hours.

Closed Thread