It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Sulfur

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-20-2005, 06:51 AM   #1
    TKK3
    (female)

TKK3 HB User
    Sulfur

Hey. I started using a sulfur soap this week, one that I picked up at the local health food store. I am also using a zinc/sulfur cream at night (can't stand the smell during the day). I have to say, it is clearing my extremely persistant acne like crazy and I have no new pimples! I have been using it for about 4 days and my redmarks are almost gone. I have had very persistant body acne for a LONG time now and have tried everything! I have been on Mino for a little over a month and it has broken me out really bad. Now I am going to start experimenting with going off the mino and staying with the Sulfur soap. I am also thinking of adding some natural supplements such as the psyllium husks, charcoal, Olive leaf extract, etc. I would love to get off the Mino since I do not want to be on it long term and it hasn't helped at all. I was also doing some research on Oratin, which I found in one of my searches on the Internet. I am thinking of trying that.

So, has anyone used sulfur before and do the effects wear off over time? Any comments?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2005, 08:11 AM   #2
    willowb
    (female)

willowb HB User
    Re: Sulfur

keep us posted! i know nothing about sulfur...im almost willing to TRY ANYTHING at this point....

Old 11-20-2005, 08:26 AM   #3
    antifaith

antifaith HB User

That's funny, i've been experimenting with this similar regimen i came up with this week. I had a nasty cut on my finger, very deep, and since i work in a garage after school, it kept getting full of oil and dirt and wouldn't heal. I picked up some hydrogen peroxyde at the pharmacy and on the same tablet i saw sulfur powder. The label said "antiseptic for acne or other superficial skin condition". I bought some and what i've been doing since last monday is apply hydrogen peroxyde liberally on my face twice a day, and at night i put sulfur on my skin before going to bed and rinse it off in the morning. The label says you should mix it with petroleum jelly, but i don't trust that product because it's so greasy. Mixing it with water produces some weird results too... the sulfur will be in the water, but it won't get wet!

Anyways, I've been doing this for a week and my face hasn't been in such a good condition for years. Hopefully i won't get a major breakout next week, which always happens when i think that i'm about to be cured.

If you guys decide to try this, after a few days, start applying the hydrogen peroxyde only on existing acne because this regimen is a bit drying for the skin. It's also VERY drying for pimples and zits. They just dry up very quickly, start peeling and if you wait as long as you can before removing the dry skin, you'll find beautiful new skin under it.

I'm going to keep following this regimen for another week, i'll try to post updates to let you all know how well this is working.

Old 11-21-2005, 05:41 AM   #4
    TKK3
    (female)

TKK3 HB User

I used Hydrogen peroxide on my acne for a year with great results. Unfortunatly, my acne became resistant to it and stopped working. You should try to find sulfur soap at a health food store or order it online. It works great and would probably be less messy than what you are using now. I also found sulfur cream (with zinc) and my sister uses a product called Acnomel that has sulfur in it that they sell at the drugstore. Also, the Clearasil Adult Acne cream has sulfur in it. It all smells, though, so I use it when I am alone at night!

Old 11-21-2005, 07:40 AM   #5
    wakkochic17
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

wakkochic17 HB User

I tried a prescription sulfer cream for awhile. It was great in the beginning and cleared up a good bit of the acne, but after a few months my acne came back and then I found the sulfur to make it worse. I tried this a second time later on and it did the same thing. I have always had better luck with Benzoyl Peroxide.

Old 11-21-2005, 07:47 AM   #6
    antifaith

antifaith HB User

Hmm. Well i woke this morning and almost all my redness is gone. I have 2 very small zits with practically no inflammation in them. Hopefully this will last!

Old 11-24-2005, 07:57 AM   #7
    antifaith

antifaith HB User

Well I've been following this regimen for a bit more than a week now and i'm down to 1 small fading zit on my right cheek. All inflammation has completely faded away and my skin looks better than ever, except for the few scars accutane gave me.

Someone else should really give this a try and see if it works for them. I've tried sulfur soap and sulfur based products like clearasil and they've done nothing but dry up my skin in the past.

Old 11-26-2005, 10:39 AM   #8
    willowb
    (female)

willowb HB User

antifaith,

just wondering how things are going with your skin since you last posted...has anyone else out there tried it yet!?!?!? im thinking about ordering some i found on the net called volcanic X. its about 25.00 dollars...antifaith, can you tell me where you found yours and how much it cost? hope to hear from you soon!!!

W

Old 11-26-2005, 04:27 PM   #9
    antifaith

antifaith HB User

Sulfur for 25$ is extremely overpriced. I bought my sulfur for 5$ canadian at the pharmacy, it was right beside the hydrogen peroxide, calamine, etc.

The sulfur+hydrogen peroxyde combo cost me less than 10 dollars.

Right now i only have that one stuborn zit slightly under my nose. The rest of my skin's tone has improved a LOT and my face is healing fast.

Closed Thread