It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• **old accutane users having no/minor initial breakout**

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-01-2005, 07:48 PM   #1
    *pig_tails*
    (female)

*pig_tails* HB User
    Question **old accutane users having no/minor initial breakout**

Has anyone used accutane and had very little breakout while on treatment with the drug? How long has it been effective (acne free)? did you have to go on the treatment again? Because i heard if you don't break out you tend to get it again soon.. that true?

Last edited by *pig_tails*; 12-01-2005 at 07:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-02-2005, 10:24 AM   #2
    LkK2507
    (female)

LkK2507 HB User
    Re: **old accutane users having no/minor initial breakout**

I would like to know this as well. I know no one is a doctor but I guess we can see whos did what and if it came back. I think I read Boston girl say that she didnt have an initial break out and she is clear after over a year. She can correct me if Im wrong

Old 12-02-2005, 05:57 PM   #3
    chesterpart2
    (male)

chesterpart2 HB User

Yeah, this would be very interesting! I'd love to go on accutane but i am some what scared of it ... what with all that talk of people walking around with band aids on and all!

Old 12-02-2005, 07:27 PM   #4
    SweetAmy87
    (female)

SweetAmy87 HB User

I dont know about initial breakouts and staying acne free necause im still on it and yea i did break out worse for a while but as far as being afraid of it, even though i cant speak for everyone i was so afraid of being so dry and not being able to live life normally while on accutane but for me, i'm on 80 mgs and its been 5 months and i'm still not dry hardly at all lol i still break out too though so maybe thats why! It cleared my chest and back acne within a month though, all i experienced that was really noticable was bone pain.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    _-*~!ŚMy!~*-_
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 12-02-2005, 08:22 PM   #5
    evan671
    (male)

evan671 HB User

Honestly I don't really understand everyone's fear for the drug. I just ended my second treatment. My first treatment was August 2004 to April 2005 and my second was June 2005 to November 2005. During my first treatment I really couldn't tell if I had an initial breakout or not. I was breaking out so often I really couldn't blame the drug. But I asked myself this would I be breaking out any worse with out the drug and the answer to that would be NO. My face was very oily and had many cystic lesions on it along with normal pustules. After the first month of accutane my acne slowed down alot. I still had cysts but they did not appear nearly as often. By the end of the 1st treatment I was completely clear. My dosage was 40/80mg alternating. About two weeks after the first course ended I noticed a relapse begining. My oil came back pretty quickly along with the pusutules. By the end of the first month I knew that I needed to get back on the accutane asap. My second treatment was 80mg everyday. I have not had a zit in 4 months. My oil is near gone. I still worried about a second relapse but im trying to have faith in the second course. The only side effects I ever noticed was dry skin, lips and bloody noses. Nothing I couldn't easily handle for clear skin. Im 5'9" and 160lbs. Accutane has been the greatist thing health wise for me. It has given me back my self confidence and smooth skin.
    Good luck to all of you and try not to let your fears control you.
    evan

Closed Thread