It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• ---females on accutane i need MAKE-UP ADVICE---

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-19-2005, 09:16 PM   #1
    *pig_tails*
    (female)

*pig_tails* HB User
    Question ---females on accutane i need MAKE-UP ADVICE---

I want to know your make up steps. Like what moisturizer,what make up, and what you use to cleanse your face. I've worn make up like once (mineral foundation) and used cetaphil moisturizer and cleanser to take it off. But does cetaphil get rid of all the make up?? (Like it feels its off, but i'm scared my face is gona get clogged like before). Also is it bad to wear make up while on accutane?? Like is it less effective? My skin has gone heaps better but i'm scared if i start wearing make up it'll go clogged and bad again.

Thanks~~

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2005, 10:04 PM   #2
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User
    Re: ---females on accutane i need MAKE-UP ADVICE---

hey...as far as the cetaphil, yes it gets rid of makeup as long as it is cleansed and rinsed properly, and yes you can wear make up on accutane! my derm actually said since the skin is getting more '' normal '' it should accept makeup better and breakout less and less from and harsh makeup- i use bare minerals which is amazing, but anything non comedogenic, hypoallergenic and derm tested would be fine. i know why its nerve racking though to wear makeup and think it will clog pores...trust me i am the same way! whenever i dont need to i dont...letting it breath is much better!

Closed Thread