It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• My Fraxel Updates ...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-12-2006, 03:16 PM   #1
    turbonamja
    Veteran

turbonamja HB User
    My Fraxel Updates ...

Hey everyone,

A few of the board members have found my posts on this laser treatment insightful, so I will start up a new one since the last one has gone pretty far.

So far I have gotten 2 of them done. Yesterday was number 2 and they up'd the kilo joules on the intensity. It hurt. Hahaha. Man did it hurt. My face is still swollen but the pain has subsided. After the first treatment my skin was looking really good. I was on accutane the previous year and it left me with some slight scarring. This was the best option on getting rid of that according to my dermatologist. I will post more results when the redness and swelling go down.

I am also getting cool touches done in b/w my fraxels to help out with breakouts. I have had one new (just one!) pimple and that went away after one day. I have had 2 cool touches so far as well. Seems the treatments are working good. I'll keep everyone updated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2006, 05:33 PM   #2
    plainbagel
    (female)

plainbagel HB User
    Re: My Fraxel Updates ...

did you scars improve after having 2 fraxels? what kind of scars do/did you have?

Old 01-12-2006, 07:33 PM   #3
    turbonamja
    Veteran

turbonamja HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by plainbagel
    did you scars improve after having 2 fraxels? what kind of scars do/did you have?

I had small scars and pigmentation issues around the jawline where I broke out back in the good ol' days really bad. I just got my 2nd fraxel yesterday so my face is still red and I can't see anything but RED haha. I will let you know how it is. Usually, they say 4-5 treatments will give you tremendous results. Do a search on google or yahoo for before and after pics.

Old 01-13-2006, 08:35 AM   #4
    anachron
    (male)

anachron HB User

How long does the blue dye stay on your face? Can you go out the next day?

Old 01-13-2006, 12:32 PM   #5
    turbonamja
    Veteran

turbonamja HB User

Man honestly, I didn't want to go out the next day. Hahaha. It is pretty much day 3 and all the blue dye has finally gone away and it looks like I just came back from a skiing trip to tell you the truth. I will probably go out later on today and do some errands but you are supposed to stay out of the sun anyways. It doesn't matter to me because there are so many pro's vs. con's to fraxel such as wrinkle reduction, skin radiance, acne scar reducer, on and on. So it's worth it to me.

Old 01-15-2006, 04:02 AM   #6
    anachron
    (male)

anachron HB User

Realistically how much time should you spend indoors after the procedure? Is it very blue? Like do people look at you when you are leaving the clinic???????????

Old 01-15-2006, 07:19 PM   #7
    plainbagel
    (female)

plainbagel HB User

turbonamja, do you know if the results of fraxel are permanent (meaning the scars won't come back slowly)? thanks.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:38 PM   #8
    turbonamja
    Veteran

turbonamja HB User

anachron, the reason why the blue tint is still on the face after the procedure, is because you pretty much took off a part of your skin it feels like so the skin is verrrry sensitive to the touch. so you can't wash your face and scrub to get it off. you have to gently wash off, so in effect, the blue tint will not come off easily. you have to keep washing gently until it starts to feel better and then eventually the blue tint will come off. took several days for me for the blue to completely go away. there was not too many people there at the clinic so not a lot looked at me but i didnt care because it hurt too much hahahhaha ... so i just kept walking with an ice pack on my face to calm the swelling caused by it. my face is looking real good right now and you can still see where it was done on but the redness fades well and looks like a bronze tint like you tanned after a week or so... hope that helps.

plainbagel, they told me they are permanent. of course over time, wrinkles and age spots will probably come with age, but the acne scars should not come back. my scars are noticably getting better and getting smaller. hopefully it gets better on my last two fraxel appointments.

Old 01-16-2006, 05:06 PM   #9
    suecarlson
    (female)

suecarlson HB User

turbonamja: Thanks so much for your posts. I'm in Austin as well and will have my first Fraxel on Feb. 1 and then three more every two weeks thereafter. I sure hope that I can go to work the same or next day--I was planning on it. I didn't know that the blue would still be there, though. Rats. Do you have another treatment before February 1?

Old 01-16-2006, 08:02 PM   #10
    anachron
    (male)

anachron HB User

Turbo: I see what you mean but I guess I cannot go to the mall or do my groceries right after then? I am trying to guess how bad the blue tint is on the face...like is it you-look-ill-blue or smurf blue?

Old 01-16-2006, 09:32 PM   #11
    amy07

amy07 HB User

Hey all, I know I've been lagging on the fraxel updates....so I'll get y'all up to date with my situation. I have had 3 fraxels so far. Honestly, I can't see a HUGE difference in my skin. I have scarring on my cheeks...some areas deeper than others. About the blue dye thing....I get most of it off before I leave the doctor's office. The nurses give me dawn soap and some gauze to wash it off, which works pretty well. Of course its hard to get all of it off right then, but i've never had it still on my face the next day. However, the redness does last about 5 days for me. After this past treatment, I actually went out the next day, to my surprise, since i get so self conscious about it. I don't know when I'll be able to get another treatment though, as I've been getting them done in Houston, and I live in Austin.

Old 01-18-2006, 12:27 AM   #12
    anachron
    (male)

anachron HB User

What level are you doing? maybe you are not doing it high enough? Overall, I have heard people get good results from fraxel after the 3rd.....next time go higher and see if you see a difference. Good luck

Old 01-22-2006, 11:38 AM   #13
    anachron
    (male)

anachron HB User

Just wondering how you guys are doing

Old 01-23-2006, 12:53 AM   #14
    turbonamja
    Veteran

turbonamja HB User

Hey Amy, I live in Austin as well, any reason why you go to Houston? My skin has not looked any better in years. I am really happy with the results and I am going in for my 3rd Fraxel this upcoming Wed. The second one really hurt ... they turned it up to about 8 kilojoules. Hurt like hell. I will keep you guys posted

Old 01-23-2006, 03:20 PM   #15
    amy07

amy07 HB User

I get it done in Houston bc of a referral. I don't ever know what levels they are doing the Fraxel treatments on, I'll have to ask next time. But this will be my 4th treatment, and I can't say thus far its been worth it. Do you know if the skin is supposed to get better progessively, like throughout the year or are you supposed to see results within the first few days after? It is kind of a pain to find time on my schedule to go back to Houston to get them done though.

Closed Thread