It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• My cure for STUBBURN mild/moderate acne !

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-13-2006, 05:53 PM   #1
    KathrynB

KathrynB HB User
    My cure for STUBBURN mild/moderate acne !

Hi
    I have battled persistent mild to moderate acne for the past few years.. I am one of those people who used to have pretty clear skin and then it just went down hill. I have seen a dermatologist on and off for the past couple of years and have tried Doryx, finacea, metrojel, triaz, differin and dynacin just to name a few. I was not pleased with the results of any of these prescriptions. My face never totally cleared up and really just stayed the same, not getting worse.. I made sure to take use the above as directed to make sure I was giving them a chance. It started to get really expensive and someone suggested I try the Nucelle Rx line which is sold at some dermatologists offices as well as on line. I decided to give it a try. I bought the Nucelle Mandelic Cleanser, Nucelle Mandelic Toner and the Nucelle Mandelic 10% serum.. I have been using these products for almost a month, and am so happy with the results. I had very stubborn pimples, that just would never go away no matter what I used. I have found these products have really improved my complection.. The redness has been reduced, I have way less breakouts and if I do get a pimple, it heals up much faster.
    The products are not cheap.. but to me, well worth it. Plus, a little goes a long way so I think what I have now will last me another couple of months.
    Anyway, I am just so excited about the improvements I thought maybe this information would help someone else. Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2006, 05:57 PM   #2
    vintagedream
    (female)

vintagedream HB User
    Re: My cure for STUBBURN mild/moderate acne !

Quote:
    Originally Posted by KathrynB
    I bought the Nucelle Mandelic Cleanser, Nucelle Mandelic Toner and the Nucelle Mandelic 10% serum..
    It's always good, when we find some form of relief from acne, huh?

Anyway, can i just ask, what are the ingredients of the cleanser, toner and serum? Would you mind listing them down? thanks!

Old 01-14-2006, 08:15 AM   #3
    KathrynB

KathrynB HB User

Sure. Here goes: Step 1 is Nucelle RX Mandelic Cleanser with Mandelic Marine Compound. Purified water, peg-80, sorbitan laurate, betaine, sodium tridecth sulfate, disodium lauroamphodiacetate, peg-150 distearate, sodium laureth-13 cabroxylate, algae extract, mandelic acid, isopropylparaben, isobutylparaben, butylparaben, fd&c green no. 3 fd&c blue no 1, fragrance.
    Step 2 Nucelle Rx Mandelic Toner: Purified water, witch hazel, distillate, algae extract, mandelic acid, butylene glycol, sodium lactylate, sodium pca, sorbitol proline, carbomer, dmdm hydantoin, isopropynyl, butylcarbonate, triethanolamine, disodium edta, fd&c blue no 1, fragrance. Step 3 Mandelic Serum 10% ph 3.5.: purified water, mandelic acid, algae extract, polyacrylamide, c13-14 isoparaffin, laureth-7, dimethicone, cyclomethicone, isopropylparaben, butylparaben, pottasium hydroxide, fragrance.
    WHEW!! I hope I didn't make any typos.. I hope this helps. Take care!

Old 01-15-2006, 10:17 AM   #4
    pdb123
    (male)

pdb123 HB User

Mandelic acid is a another type of alpha-hydroxy acid, similar to glycolic acid. But mandelic acid is supposed to be even better than glycolic acid because it has some anti-bacterial properties and is less irritating. But for some reason mandelic acid is much less commonly found in skin care products than glycolic acid. Go figure.

I've used glycolic acid lotions with fairly decent results, so I was thinking of trying mandelic acid to see if the results would be even better. The only 2 products I could find with mandelic acid in them however were the Nucelle line of products that you mentioned, along with another product called MaMa Lotion. Since I have fairly dry skin, I think I'm going to opt for the MaMa Lotion since I've heard the Nucelle products are fairly drying and probably better suited for people with oily skin.

Old 01-15-2006, 12:29 PM   #5
    KathrynB

KathrynB HB User

Hi. I noticed on the the website where I purchased the Nucelle, that the Mama Lotion is the number one seller!! You may be on to something.
    Anyway, I am just so pleased with my results with the Nucelle.. I read another poster had great results with Nucelle the first couple of weeks, and then their face went totally haywire.. I am hoping this doesn't happen to me. but it has been a month.. so I think I am alright.. Nucelle also sells a shine free moisturizer which has been rated very highly.. I purchased this also, but have not needed to use it yet. Also, they have a sunscreen that was rated a top product by Forbes Magazine.. I probably sound like a commercial, but I am soooo happy with how well these things have worked for me, but I don't see hardly any mention of the Nucelle Line on any of the boards.. It surprises me.

Old 01-15-2006, 12:35 PM   #6
    sarzzzzz
    (female)

sarzzzzz HB User
    Smile Re: My cure for STUBBURN mild/moderate acne !

I started using aloe vera gel twice a day its really helping with my spots and making the redness go down and soothing them very well!!! Would highly recommend it. Its cost 2.30 for a 100ml tube from my local health food shop.

Old 01-15-2006, 03:10 PM   #7
    KathrynB

KathrynB HB User

Hi Do you just put it on the spots or all over your face??

Old 02-03-2007, 08:42 PM   #8
    rania
    (female)

rania HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by pdb123 View Post
    Mandelic acid is a another type of alpha-hydroxy acid, similar to glycolic acid. But mandelic acid is supposed to be even better than glycolic acid because it has some anti-bacterial properties and is less irritating. But for some reason mandelic acid is much less commonly found in skin care products than glycolic acid. Go figure.

I've used glycolic acid lotions with fairly decent results, so I was thinking of trying mandelic acid to see if the results would be even better. The only 2 products I could find with mandelic acid in them however were the Nucelle line of products that you mentioned, along with another product called MaMa Lotion. Since I have fairly dry skin, I think I'm going to opt for the MaMa Lotion since I've heard the Nucelle products are fairly drying and probably better suited for people with oily skin.

How has the MaMa lotion been so far? I have slightly dry skin as well, and Im wondering if the MaMa lotion dried your skin?

Closed Thread