It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• Round 3 of Accutane

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-20-2006, 03:26 AM   #1
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User
    Round 3 of Accutane

Well the gloves are on the mouthguard is in and it's time for ROUND 3!

Let me give you a rundown of my history before i proceed. You can check out the link below which is a thread i made on this forum a long time ago. It's basically how my first two treatments went.

[url]http://www.healthboards.com/boards/showthread.php?t=183580&page=1&pp=5&high light=accutane[/url]

So as you can see if you read and scanned through that my first two treatments were very much different from eachother. The first one was very smooth and i cleared up completely with almost no hastle. The second one put me on a crazy emotional rollercoaster and my acne got horrible before it finally died down after i was taken off completely. the second cycle was a extreme dissapointment so needless to say going into the third cycle i am nervous.

It's been two days so far at 80 mg a day and already im noticing that my oily skin is not so oily anymore. As a matter of fact my skin looks relatively good and seems to be improving instantly. I hate this damn illusion this is one thing that both treatments i had in the past had in common. If history repeats itself for the third time in a row I will get all excited as i usually do and then of course the inevitable initial break out hits you like a bat out of hell. So basically my plan is to not get excited and as of now i can actually even feel a huge pimple or cyst or something starting up on my chin. So it seems that initial breakout isn't going anywhere.

The only thing you can do at this stage is just bear down and pray and deal with it really. 90% of the time this happens and you get clearer in the second month and completely clear in the third month. not bad odds! However, in my second cycle of accutane over a year ago I was up to 120 mg at 180 pounds and i really think that just caused my body to go into chaos. I didn't get any bad side effects just the usual dryness, however my face broke out so badly. It was the worst acne i had ever had in my life. I pray that the reason this happened was because of my really high dosage. I certainly do not plan on making the same mistake. I will try and stay at the 80 mg per day for the duration of the treatment (I am 185 pounds).

So i guess we'll leave it at this for now and let time tell. I hope we can have some interesting discussions here and hopefully dig deeper into our understanding of accutane.

I'm here always to answer any questions or concerns and I will be updating everyone often. Goodluck to me and goodluck to you all!

Alright ROUND 3 BEGINS......FIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Accutane Dude; 01-20-2006 at 03:32 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2006, 03:54 AM   #2
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User
    Re: DING DING DING! Round 3 of Accutane - (Journal + Analysis)

3rd Time on Accutane and you've still got your hair and havn't totally dried out ,thats something in itself. I tried antibiotics when I was younger and now 16 years later I'm paying the price with Candida, and believe me it doesn't dissapear easily, the reason for my input here is that I would like you too consider a Probiotic while your doing your 3rd Time and maybe it will help long after the course is finished. You could allways change your diet a bit, that is if you eat junk food packed with sugar. Good Luck, Rather you than me.

Its All A Matter Of Opinion

Old 01-20-2006, 04:13 AM   #3
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by littledaga
    3rd Time on Accutane and you've still got your hair and havn't totally dried out ,thats something in itself. I tried antibiotics when I was younger and now 16 years later I'm paying the price with Candida, and believe me it doesn't dissapear easily, the reason for my input here is that I would like you too consider a Probiotic while your doing your 3rd Time and maybe it will help long after the course is finished. You could allways change your diet a bit, that is if you eat junk food packed with sugar. Good Luck, Rather you than me.

Its All A Matter Of Opinion

I have barely touched sugar in about 2 years. No pop, no candy and have had maybe 3 pieces of chocolate in the last 25 months. However, that is kinda non related anyways. My acne is completely hormonal.. my mom had horrible cystic acne and so did my brother. It's just an unfortunate part of my genes and i think your post sounds extremely uneducated and rash. You sound like one of those "its your own fault try washing your face" people. Were not stupid, we know if that were the solution we'd do it lol.

Anyways, furthermore proving your lack of knowledge on the subject is when you said your surprised I haven't "completley dried out and lost all my hair". What a stereotypical response to somoene who has probably only focussed on the side effects of accutane.

I have never lost a single strand of hair in two cycles of accutane and my dryness has been minimal. Only chapped lips. I did get a rash on my wrist but the cream took care of that quickly. I haven't had any serious side effects.

Furthermore, I know of some people who have been on as many of 7 cycles of accutane!! It's unfortunate that some people experience serious side effects but for the 99.9% that don't it's very safe. All accutane really is is vitamin A.

So thanks for your concern but please i urge you to educate yourself more before posting something like that.

Last edited by Accutane Dude; 01-20-2006 at 04:15 AM.

Old 01-20-2006, 08:31 AM   #4
    lexla
    Veteran
    (female)

lexla HB User

Hey First of all I want to say good luck on your course. I know it must be scary and annoying to go on it again, but just the other day I read a journal of someone who took 4 courses...and the one he did worse with was the one he took the highest dosage ( which was over 100 mg ) . I think taking 80 mg is a good idea, when i talked to my derm last time he said he sees better results with all of his accutane patients at a lower dose for a longer time...he thinks its less of a shock on the body when put on and off. So im glad your taking 80, I hope it works better for you. My problem too is all hormonal....100%. I have had people in the past that have sent me into crying fits because they say to '' wash your face better '' or '' try this and that''.....they have no idea. I agree with you, If we knew a solution, we would do it! Accutane is the closest thing to that which is why we are on it....honestly i think people in general who dont have a problem shouldnt really try to help without being asked .... they have no idea. I had a hairdresser a few weeks ago ( when it was my time of the month and not as clear as now ) who suggested something.... it was just horrible for me, but she would never know how annoying and hurtful it is to get ''advice'' by someone who doesnt know how much we have/do go through. And yes, all accutane is is a high dosage of vitamin A... i truly wish people wouldnt think so negative of it, it got such a bad rap many years ago and thats been lifted now ... it really is a good drug as long as taken correctly....just like any other medication! Sorry this is longer than i thought lol, but i will be reading your journal and good luck on your course and i hope it all turns out well for you!

Old 01-20-2006, 08:05 PM   #5
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Sorry i misjudged your post. Thank you for your support

Old 01-20-2006, 08:07 PM   #6
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

***DAY 3***

Well yesterday/today i woke up and washed my hands carefully and kinda touched my face a bit to see if i could feel any cysts forming. Well my fears were answered when I could feel one right on my jaw popping up. I put ice on it immediately and then iced it again later on. It actually appears to have gone down a bit but i doubt i hvae seen the last of it.

The rest of my face is looking pretty good actually. i got a couple little ones near my lips but one good thing is my face feels much more normal and not the oily wreck it usually feels like.

I know it's gonna be another journey but thankfully this is the best my skin has ever been when I started a course of accutane so hopefully it won't be too crazy. I also do plan on staying at 80 mg for the duration.

Old 01-21-2006, 03:55 PM   #7
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

***DAY 4***

getting a bit more dryness but generally looking pretty good. The cyst is really tamed usually it would of been bigger and badder today but it seems to be chilling out. I don't wanna say anything more then that cause i dont wanna jinx it.

Tonight im going for a bit of a road trip and partying really hard so lets hope that doesn't hurt me too bad!

Old 01-22-2006, 07:12 PM   #8
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

***DAY 5***

Well I drank my face off last night. Had a pretty good time, my face was looking definently half decent. It could be better but im not gonna be picky. As long as it's tolerable for now i'm happy because i know it should get better in the future.

No new pimples and older ones fading. Face is not really dry but feels "normal". Thumbs up so far.

Last edited by Accutane Dude; 01-22-2006 at 07:13 PM.

Old 01-23-2006, 12:56 PM   #9
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

***DAY 6***

I got 1 new tiny whitehead and 1 new small whitehead. Not a big deal at all. I guess thats the price i paid for not washing my face and drinking until I passed out in a ditch on saturday. If this was prior to me on accutane i probably would have 16 cysts forming and 18 whiteheads present!! Seriously though im very impressed so far.

STILL not getting excited about missing the initial break out, i know my first cycle the same thing happened, got really clear in the first week then broke out bad like the next two.

Scalp is a little itchy, however I keep scratching it so it's my own fault.

Active pimples fading INCREDIBLY fast, like 3 times faster probably. Also, that cyst that i felt comming up on my chin i can no longer even feel anymore! Incredible.

Last edited by Accutane Dude; 01-23-2006 at 01:13 PM.

Old 01-23-2006, 06:39 PM   #10
    kdogg
    (male)

kdogg HB User

im gonna be here following this with ya and i wish ya the best of luck man...

Old 01-23-2006, 08:17 PM   #11
    evan671
    (male)

evan671 HB User

Hey I can definitly relate Im going to begin my 3rd course on Jan 30.

Old 01-25-2006, 04:38 AM   #12
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by kdogg
    im gonna be here following this with ya and i wish ya the best of luck man...
    thank you very much for your support

Old 01-25-2006, 05:01 AM   #13
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by evan671
    Hey I can definitly relate Im going to begin my 3rd course on Jan 30.
    Well gl for the 3rd time around again Please keep me posted

Old 01-25-2006, 05:07 AM   #14
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

***DAY 8***

Well I think the initial breakout stage is kicking in. My face isn't horrible but certainly not something i'd wanna go out and party with or anything like last weekend. I hope things clear up for this weekend but thats probably not gonna happen.

I got about 5 or so little pimples all around my chin. I have this kinda discoloration to the left and right of my nose. It's hard to explain. It's like mega blackheads i think. It's all red too. that seems to be more inflamed

Old 01-26-2006, 07:13 AM   #15
    Accutane Dude
    Veteran
    (male)

Accutane Dude HB User

Last edited by Accutane Dude; 01-26-2006 at 07:17 AM.

Closed Thread