It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Acne Message Board

• How I cured my acne!No pills required!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-21-2006, 01:31 AM   #1
    Baby_hands
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baby_hands HB User
    How I cured my acne!No pills required!

I had bad acne particularly on my chin and I got to a point where...I was just so miserable about it. I had tried creams...and all the lotions u can try...but they did nothing. They actually made it worse most of the time.

I found this book on my mums bookshelf.
    It is called "It could be allergy and it can be cured"- Phillip Alexander.

You can purchase this online through ****** I have noticed.

There is a section in this book that talks about acne and how it can be cured. I followed the "The metabolism-balancing program" which is the first stage diet. Once I went on that...it did eventually cure my acne. So I didnt bother going through to the stage 2 diet. The Anti Candida diet.

There was a time when I wasnt getting any pimples at all on this diet. And I am convinced I only get pimples when I slack off my diet..and ever since i went on that diet..even when i slack off...the acne isnt nearly as bad and red marks from past pimples fade so quickly.

I also cleansed my face with milk at night. As its very gentle,soothing but cleanses dirt off skin.
    No pills were needed! Basically a very structured diet but its quite easy to follow.

This was my acne saviour!

Last edited by Baby_hands; 01-21-2006 at 01:35 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2006, 04:30 AM   #2
    vintagedream
    (female)

vintagedream HB User
    Re: How I cured my acne!No pills required!

just wondering... if it's not much of a bother, could you post this diet in here? i mean, the specifics of stage 1 and the other stages? if it worked for you, who knows? it might help others too. wouldn't that be great? thanks!

Old 01-21-2006, 05:28 AM   #3
    Eddie2k
    (male)

Eddie2k HB User

Yeah, could you please post the diet you are using. It would help me so much

Old 01-21-2006, 09:43 PM   #4
    Baby_hands
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baby_hands HB User

IMMEDIATELY ON RISING: As soon as you wake up have 2 glasses of filtered water (warm water in winter). Have another glass an hour later.

Here is a guide to how much water you should have on rising:

Lean body weight
    63kg(138lbs) and under= 2 glasses
    63-70kg(154lbs)= 3 glasses
    70-76kg(167lbs)= 4 glasses
    Over 76kg= 5 glasses.

I.E if you weigh 70kg, instead of 2 glasses, have 4 glasses.

Before you eat breakfast.Try and fit in some deep breathing exercises. You can probably find these online. This is to help you with stress as stress can be a factor to your acne. I didnt always do this...but I generally just tried to relax more and exercise. Get some fresh oxygen into your system.

BREAKFAST

Option 1
    Fresh fruit salad(no canned fruit) with raw nuts,sunflower and/or sesame seeds.

Option 2
    Fresh stewed fruit. With nut mixture as posted above.

Option 3
    1-3 eggs cooked anyway you like with 1-3 slices of toasted wholemeal bread.Only a scrap of butter is necessary.

Option 4
    Bowl of untoasted muesli with milk but no sugar.A little honey may be added.

Option 5
    Wholegrain cereal or porridge with milk and LSA. (I had this every morning. A wholegrain cereal with added sultana's, cold full cream milk and LSA)

MORNING TEA

1 glass of filtered water. Thats compulsary.

You can also have herbal tea.Or ordinary tea or coffee. Milk may be added. The only sweetener you can use is honey. But try and go without sweetener.

Or a glass of vegetable or fruit juice. Fresh is best but canned ones are OK, try to get one with no additives.

(I had the water and vegetable juice)

LUNCH

Sip some water before and during lunch.

Option 1
    Fresh salad with no salad dressing. With your choice of protein. Either skinless chicken,canned tuna or so forth.

Option 2
    Wholemeal sandwich with fresh salad and your choice of protein.

You can swap salad for vegetables if desired.

AFTERNOON TEA

Same as morning tea. Again, glass of water is compulsary. If you are hungry a handful of raw nuts or some fresh fruit is okay.(This goes for morning tea as well).
    I usually had the glass of water and a cup of green tea.

DINNER

Your choice of meat. Or if you do not eat meat. You can swap for eggs and cheese.
    Try and follow these guidelines:
    Red meat(lean) 3 times a week.
    Poultry(skinless) 2 times a week.
    Seafood 2 times a week.

Green and coloured vegetables must be included with every meal.Add sea salt if desires. Sauces and gravy are okay..

I usually had vegetables with chicken or tuna and occasionally red meat.

Just after dinner you must have a multi-vitamin. Check with your nautropath to see which multi-vitamin is best for you and your needs. I take Tresos-B.

DESSERT

If you want dessert, you can have yoghurt and fruit.

All in all depending on your weight, you have should a certain amount of water.
    63kg and under= 9 glasses
    70kg= 10 glasses
    76kg= 11 glasses
    83kg= 12 glasses
    89kg= 13 glasses.

CONCLUSION

Sleep is important, make sure your getting enough sleep. This program worked for me. A good rule of thumb is that the less processed a food is, the better. You will notice that people who live on islands, have great skin, no acne, thats because all their food is pure and not processed. So stay away from processed food as much as possible.
    Stay on this diet...it does work. It worked wonders for me. Dont loose heart.

Acne can be cured. Acne is a result of whats going on in your body. This program should settle your body and get it functioning properly. The idea is to stop feeding bacteria in your body by eating certain foods and cutting OUT certain foods. I noticed after being on this diet for months...if I slacked off....it didnt matter too much, aslong as I get back into it. My acne is just better. If I eat my diet perfectly...my skin will show it. But either way, your acne will never be as bad.

Good luck!

Old 01-21-2006, 09:52 PM   #5
    vintagedream
    (female)

vintagedream HB User

thanks Baby_hands! just a question, how bad is your acne before you went into the program? and how is it now?

Old 01-21-2006, 10:01 PM   #6
    Baby_hands
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baby_hands HB User

No worries, if you have any questions regarding the diet, let me know.

My acne was...quite bad. Mostly on the chin area. I didnt have cystic acne, but I was getting at least 1 new pimple every day. My chin was constantly inflamed from acne. I would also get pimples on my forehead.

My acne now? When I was real strict on keeping that diet, it..didnt exist lol I had no acne, at all. But nowadays...I have had some stress and relaxed a bit on my eating just for this difficult time in my life, I just get a few here and there.

I dont have any problem areas now. The purple marks from pimples on my chin has pratically cleared up!

I am getting back into the diet now I have myself in order.
    You gotta be in the right frame of mind for the diet, otherwise it'll be a bust as part of the diet is reducing stress.

Old 01-22-2006, 01:23 AM   #7
    jamie451
    (female)

jamie451 HB User

Thankyou so much for sharing, i am definitely going to try to follow through with this new diet.

Can i ask what is LSA?

Also while you were on the diet did you also start doing anykind of regular exercise that may have contributed also? thanks!

I wonder if anyone else wants to try start this diet with me it would be nice to have support! lol. Well tomorrow is monday so perfect day to start thanks again.

Old 01-23-2006, 12:36 AM   #8
    Baby_hands
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baby_hands HB User

LSA is a mixture of nuts. Here is the recipe:

3 cups of Linseeds
    3 cups of Sunflower seeds
    1 cup of Almonds

Mix and grind (I put them in a blender or u can use a coffee grinder) until fine.
    Place in airtight container and place in fridge.

You can sprinkle as much as you like on cereal. Or anything you like. Salads even.

I was doing regular exercise. 3 times a week which included cardio and weight training.

I think if you do at least 30mins 3 times a week that should be fine.

For those of you who want to know the exact diet I did incase the above diet confused you, here is my meal plan:

IMMEDIATELY AFTER RISING:

2 glasses of filtered water (as I weigh under 63kg)

20 MINS LATER,BREAKFAST:

Sultana Bran Cereal with full cream milk. (Sultana Bran is a wholegrain cereal with added sultanas)

MORNING TEA:

1 glass of water and a glass of V8 vegetable juice. (Has no additives)

LUNCH:

1 glass of water and a wholemeal lebanese bread with canned tuna (sometimes salad added)
    or
    1 glass of water and tuna/chicken with salad. (no dressing, if you want a healthy solution to salad dressing use flaxseed oil)

AFTERNOON TEA:

1 glass of water and a cup of green tea.

DINNER:

1 glass of water, chicken/tuna/lamb or other red meat with vegetables.
    Straight after dinner a Tresos B multi-vitamin.

DESSERT:

Jalna yoghurt and fresh fruit.

* For remaining glasses of water, I drank whenever desired or with exercise.

This is just My meal plan. The diet I posted previously above was taken from the book as is. I put my meal plan as an example for ideas.

Last edited by Baby_hands; 01-23-2006 at 12:38 AM.

Old 01-23-2006, 04:42 PM   #9
    Pymp22
    (male)

Pymp22 HB User

What kind of cleanser are you using while on this regime? Just milk?

Old 01-24-2006, 01:49 AM   #10
    Baby_hands
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baby_hands HB User

I used just full cream milk at that time. For those who dont wear makeup, you can probably just splash and wash your face and rise while in the shower with the milk.

For those who do wear makeup, you may want to use cotton pads, dip them in the milk and gently wipe over your face until makeup is gone.

I recommend milk to every acne sufferer. My acne improved through using that in itself. I didnt even need to use moisturiser anymore, as it doesnt mess with the natural oils. Its so soothing and calming.

Old 01-24-2006, 09:57 PM   #11
    littledaga
    (male)

littledaga HB User

@Baby_Hands

Sultana Bran Cereal with full cream milk. (Sultana Bran is a wholegrain cereal with added sultanas)

Does This not break you out at all? I seem to have a problem with diary, but would like to include a cereal to my diet.

Old 01-24-2006, 11:12 PM   #12
    Baby_hands
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baby_hands HB User

For me personally, milk doesnt make me break out. The thing is, when I have it in my cereal I dont have very much and I dont drink whats left in the bowl. I throw the remaining of the milk out. Basically I only have it just to soften the cereal!

You may be allergic to dairy..and if thats the case..I'd say take that up with a Nautropath. I cannot tell people enough about how wonderful they are.

Old 01-27-2006, 08:04 PM   #13
    Baby_hands
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Baby_hands HB User

Refined carbs/sugar=more insulin=more hormones=more sebum(oil)=more bacteria=more acne.

Hmmm....and thats how diet affects acne!

Old 01-28-2006, 12:58 PM   #14
    Oily_Acne_Face
    (male)

Oily_Acne_Face HB User

Putting whole milk or any kind of milk on your face helps?

Closed Thread